DL lets minor fly with no ticket alone.

4 people working a '57 must be nice... It's also not the norm, and I suspect that short staffing is the root cause here. Overworked/distracted agent(s), and we saw how it ended up. In an ideal world, *that's* what would be addressed. Somehow, I dobut that's what'll happen... much easier to make an example.out of someone instead. Will love to be proven.wrong, though...

OTOH, I can see them makingt a big deal out of *not* firing them as a sort of "good news story" about why a union is not needed. Wouldn't be the first time...

Game theory is fun...

7:10am BOS-ATL weekday morning. Seen it before. One was a supervisor but there are always at least three agents working those flights in my experience. Maybe DL staffs markets differently, no clue. The AMS and LHR flights always have several CSAs and Redcoats. But Shuttle flights often only have one CSA IME.

Josh

You guys are crazy. WT doesn't work for DL, certainly not at MSP, how could he possibly have an explanation for what went on? But I'm sure if DL had bonafide IAM represented agents at MSP this wouldn't have happened, right? Clearly the system isn't working, the kid probably pushed in behind another large group or was slick and got past while they were dealing with other passengers. Funny no one has questioned the role of the parents, why the nine year old was at the airport unaccompanied to begin with. Didn't something similar happen at WN or UA years back?

Josh
You guys are crazy. WT doesn't work for DL, certainly not at MSP, how could he possibly have an explanation for what went on? But I'm sure if DL had bonafide IAM represented agents at MSP this wouldn't have happened, right? Clearly the system isn't working, the kid probably pushed in behind another large group or was slick and got past while they were dealing with other passengers. Funny no one has questioned the role of the parents, why the nine year old was at the airport unaccompanied to begin with. Didn't something similar happen at WN or UA years back?

Josh
Josh, represented or not, someones is going to take the hit for this one. But since you want to throw a dart at represented employees, take a minute and look how these agents (or agent) handle these passengers or how the gate is laid out or how a kid can sneek behind the podium or blend in with a family that was boarding. It could happen to a represented employee or a non represented employee.

Josh, represented or not, someones is going to take the hit for this one. But since you want to throw a dart at represented employees, take a minute and look how these agents (or agent) handle these passengers or how the gate is laid out or how a kid can sneek behind the podium or blend in with a family that was boarding. It could happen to a represented employee or a non represented employee.

this part, I agree with:

how the gate is laid out or how a kid can sneek behind the podium or blend in with a family that was boarding. It could happen to a represented employee or a non represented employee.

this part, I do not:
someones is going to take the hit for this one.

Why should someone "take a hit" unless there is some evidence that they intentionally and perhaps even repeatedly disobeyed rules.

Of all things, safety and flight ops is a highly regulated dept. based on procedures that are not up to individual determination. Sure, there are things that pilots can do based on their own experience.

But DL doesn't go throw every pilot that makes a mistake out the door or put them on probation every time they make a mistake and DL doesn't do that to other employees either.

Mistakes do happen and sometimes there are difficult actions even from being distracted for a critical moment.

But constantly fearing that one is going to get canned every time something goes the slightest bit wrong is far from reality in the world, including at DL.

What does history have to do with anything? It would seem to be that the current and future is more important than the past in figuring out whether one is where they need to be.... but specific to worrying about getting canned for the slightest type of infraction, there is no more evidence at DL of being on the "wrong side" past, present, or future.

So you've been at every flight at every station when..............you know what,,,,I'm not going their because it's sensitive info between the feds, airport authority and the company concerning security. Good Night Sir.

WT,

You really need a reality check, a person boarded an airplane without checking in, without a ticket, without a boarding pass.

If you really think the agent(s) that worked that flight wont be getting disciplined or terminated then I have a ocean front property for you in Arizona to buy.

I wouldnt be surprised if the FAA or TSA fines Delta for the FAR Violations.

DL will conduct an investigation and determine what happened. For all you know the agent had mistaken this child for another one traveling with a large party and piggy backed onboard. Mistakes happen, people are human. It is inexcusable that he got past TSA and DL officials but as Jim said this stuff happens regularly you just don't hear about it.

700 do you work passenger service in the airport? You seem to be offering plenty of "facts" on what went on, when you weren't present, aren't familiar with DL protocol nor have you worked in passenger service.

Josh

It must be really sad to live in such fear of having someone come after you if you so much as breathe at the wrong moment.

This whole "we need a union to protect us" diatribe is becoming more clear every day.

Not only does 700 not work passenger service but he also has never worked at DL. His pontifications are exactly why DL people don't believe union rhetoric.

There are no current, active, DL passenger service employees who are participating in this thread - and there aren't any who actively participate on this forum anyway... and there is in fact only one person in this thread who has actually done the gate agent job for DL and it ain't Kev or lifer.

to note, staffing at spoke stations such as BOS is often different than at hub stations.

Why should someone "take a hit" unless there is some evidence that they intentionally and perhaps even repeatedly disobeyed rules.

Because the airline in question is a fan of keeping up appearances...

DL will conduct an investigation and determine what happened. For all you know the agent had mistaken this child for another one traveling with a large party and piggy backed onboard. Mistakes happen, people are human.

These investigations usually start with a conclusion then go looking for facts that support it...

Let's hope HR sees it the way you do...

It must be really sad to live in such fear of having someone come after you if you so much as breathe at the wrong moment.

It's doesn't make you sad; it makes you determined...

I know it runs counter to the narrative you want to sell, but people really do get put on admin. action -or worse- for things that in the "real world" would never move the needle. It does breed a climate of fear, and ultimately we all (workers, & customers alike) pay for it.

These investigations usually start with a conclusion then go looking for facts that support it...

Let's hope HR sees it the way you do...

If the employees were covered under a CBA the process would be fair, equatable and transparent, right? But of course you insist to no end that being organized can never stop a company from terminating an employee with just cause.

Josh

well right here he said

IMO, change at the top cannot occur w/o change on the shop floor. Without that, it's just a reshuffling of the deck chairs.

I happen to like the idea of other groups banding together w/organized labor (assuming labor gets it's (SIC)own sh*t together),

so an organization that can't even get its sh*t together is supposed to be able to provide meaningful protection in the marketplace?

well right here he said

so an organization that can't even get its sh*t together is supposed to be able to provide meaningful protection in the marketplace?

Excellent quote mining. You win the internet for the evening!

Surely even you can grasp context?

Or maybe it's more fun to tag team w/Josh? Hell, maybe you can get Spectator to break away from boosting your rep count & make it a 3 way. (shrugs)

P.S. Bonus points for correcting my grammar; typing with your thumbs blows... What would we ever do without you? :rolleyes:

Back