"DL may see regional airline trends better than AA and UA"

topDawg said:
Roger. I could have sworn the last contract had an ALPA provision in it.
You really think DL would let alpa they'll them what pilots to hire? DL pilots just want competent pilots not Union goons. We are the least unionistic pilot group.

FWAAA said:
:D Ratified 75% to 25% with ninety-some percent voting.
let enough people retire and make enough threats.......

FWAAA said:
I didn't notice what Bears posted - it's a good thing that MQ is parking more planes than it's getting, as pilots were bailing from MQ during the time that Parker was demanding additional concessions on top of the bankruptcy contract and AA began the winding down of MQ.
yep this is going to be a problem for MQ but not right now.

FWAAA said:
I completely agree that attracting any new candidates to MQ is going to be a big challenge unless they see a realistic chance of flying for AA before they're old and gray.
and even then its going to be tough. If you can find a better gig then you can get hired
Personally I'd go fly C-17s for a while then come to a major, but thats just me.

FWAAA said:
You may be right about PSA getting the CRJ-700s. I saw an article where Andrea Ahles of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram said that Piedmont was going to get them, but that didn't make much sense to me, since Piedmont is all Dash 8 and hasn't announced a retirement schedule for them - other than one or two each of the past couple of years. PSA flies nothing but CRJs, so that sounds more plausible. In mid-2014, management said the CRJ-700 transfers would begin in mid-2015 and be complete by end of 2016 - but I don't know if they ever started.
it might be Piedmont.
They are getting jets but I thought it was E75s.....

FWAAA said:
I agree. Maybe E-195s or some other Embraer product. I've been hearing that the C-series is behind schedule and over-budget. UA and AA are at a disadvantage because DL has basically cornered the market on just about every 717 ever built, and 100 to 150 E-195s is going to be a very expensive purchase. Wonder if it would be cheaper to make a deal with the mainline pilots to reconfigure the E-175s to something like 6F/76Y and have a huge fleet of 82-seaters?
I think you'll see EMB and BBD make deals (good deals) on E90/E95s and C-series (yes it is a turd right now. I think that has more to do with P&W issues (big shocker there) than BBD though.)
They need to get into the US market place.

metopower said:
Roger. I could have sworn the last contract had an ALPA provision in it.
You really think DL would let alpa they'll them what pilots to hire? DL pilots just want competent pilots not Union goons. We are the least unionistic pilot group.
Yes.
ALPA has been very nice to Delta. IMO they will take anyone who loves them some Moak logic.....

Meto

"The Company will fill a minimum of 35% of the aggregate of all positions in Delta pilot 37 new-hire classes in each trailing twelve-month period (to the extent airmen are available) 38 with ALPA-represented airmen at Delta Connection Carriers, subject to such airmen 39 meeting the Company’s competitive hiring standards, and subject to the Company’s 40 objectives for diversity and experience among newly hired pilots. Airmen who flow up 41 pursuant to LOA #9 and LOA #10 count toward satisfaction of such minimum 42 percentage."

Per the PWA

(oh and your contract is a complete crap show. Amazingly hard to read.) 

topDawg said:
it might be Piedmont.
They are getting jets but I thought it was E75s.....
You were right - the media was wrong. PSA is getting the 47 MQ CRJ-700s, plus a few dozen CRJ-900s, and will thus remain an all-CRJ operator.

You're right about Piedmont getting jets - AA sent 20 of the MQ ERJ-145s to Piedmont. Another 20 MQ ERJ-145s are going to Trans States in St Louis, so MQ is losing planes at a remarkable clip. Looks like MQ might be an all E175 operator once the 50-seaters are gone.

Mesa is getting some of AA's new CRJ-900s while Republic and Compass continue to get some of AA's new E175s.

FWAAA said:
You were right - the media was wrong. PSA is getting the 47 MQ CRJ-700s, plus a few dozen CRJ-900s, and will thus remain an all-CRJ operator.

You're right about Piedmont getting jets - AA sent 20 of the MQ ERJ-145s to Piedmont. Another 20 MQ ERJ-145s are going to Trans States in St Louis, so MQ is losing planes at a remarkable clip. Looks like MQ might be an all E175 operator once the 50-seaters are gone.

Mesa is getting some of AA's new CRJ-900s while Republic and Compass continue to get some of AA's new E175s.
thats what it was. 
it wasn't 175s but 145s, my mistake. 

Those DH8s are getting kind of old, pretty sure they have had some cycle out. I don't expect AA will buy props to replace them though. 

topDawg said:
Meto

(oh and your contract is a complete crap show. Amazingly hard to read.)
I've never read it . It is all legalese and has so many loophole in it that they can hire who they want. You won't see any grievances over this. But then again I'm so senior I never run into those guys. I've only flown with 2 former nwa guys so far.

Obviously the question is whether these aircraft will be growth to the DCI system of replacements for other aircraft.

Expectations continue to be for more SEA and LAX to destinations 1000 miles or more which makes the E175 a good aircraft for starting those types of routes.

as has been seen in LAX, large RJs become mainline while mainline becomes the stretched versions (738s become 739s and 752s become 753). DL runs a highly orchestrated and efficient operation at both LAX and SEA and the Ejets work to get passengers in and out quickly using limited gate space.

Reactions: 1 person