DL sues Republic for excessive cancellations

Chelsea is in HNL as well. I have the feeling the US Air has some sort of kitchen on the east coast. Not entirely sure however.

I may be mistaken, but US doesn't own or operate any flight kitchens; US employees handle provisioning at some hubs (CLT?), delivering, loading and unloading the carts and ice, the truck driving and manual work otherwise done by drivers employed by Gate Gourmet or Skychefs.

We do our own catering in hubs plus some cities such as bwi bos etc aa doesnt LSG prepares food but the US caters pick up the stuff

PMUS has catering warehouses, all LSG does is prepare the food, where US has its own "catering".

What are you talking about?

LSG does most of US' meal preparation of the food, US doesn't own any flight kitchens.

Catering is the preparation and plating of the food itself. Who brings it to the airplane is immaterial.

Chelsea is in HNL because it was considered a mini-hub for CO and Air Mike. Multiple destinations on the mainland plus GUM NRT and Micronesia.

Reactions: 1 person
It does matter who brings it, LSG etc charge a fortune to bring items to the plane.

700UW said:
It does matter who brings it, LSG etc charge a fortune to bring items to the plane.
So the US Airways employees do it for less?   If so, that doesn't say much for their crappy union, does it?   One benefit of outsourcing the provisioning is that Skychefs or Gate Gourmet are liable when something like this happens:

hp1k0Je.jpg

FWAAA said:
So the US AIrways employees do it for less?   If so, that doesn't say much for their crappy union, does it?   One benefit of outsourcing the provisioning is that Skychefs or Gate Gourmet are liable when something like this happens:

hp1k0Je.jpg
Too bad you don't get the fact that was a vendor truck driven by a lead cleaner from a service company that hit the A330 in CLT.

And the ramp at US makes $24.39 an hour, LSG pays like $10 an hour, they charge a huge fee to the airlines to provision the plane, that why a lot of flights are double catered.

Reactions: 1 person
eolesen said:
Sorry for the sidebar, but I don't think you're correct there... UA still has ownership over Chelsea, but who else owns a catering subsidiary or division?
AA certainly doesn't, and I don't think WN keeping their provisioning department as being quite the same as a catering company.

Even Chelsea is only located at the pm-CO hubs + DEN, and that was probably a holdover from the days of the CO DEN hub...
 Oh I thought US did it in-house.

WorldTraveler said:
just tell us what the financial life of RJs were at the time the EV and OH investments were written down.

The regional carriers carried tens of millions of passengers... but that apparently isn't a investment to you.

btw, you do realize that DL filed for BK and wrote down the value of its own stock in the process, don't you?
lol.
Whatever. I keep forgetting you love everything Leo and Ron did.

Management is allowed to burn billions, thats fine.

but man does the **** hit the fan if some lead or foreman loans someone a tow bar.

your a real piece of work.

Reactions: 5 people
Oh I thought US did it in-house.

lol.
Whatever. I keep forgetting you love everything Leo and Ron did.

Management is allowed to burn billions, thats fine.

but man does the #### hit the fan if some lead or foreman loans someone a tow bar.

your a real piece of work.
plz let me where I ever said anyone was allowed to lose even a cent.