Do NOT give to the us airways united way campaign

Give directly to the charity of your choice.

Doesn't have to be money either. Your time and talent is often more valuable.

That whole United Way campaign is ridiculous and wasteful and if it disappeared today that would be a good thing.

UWay hit the jackpot when they secured the 'sanctioning' of corporate America.

Fat cats on both sides congratulating each other for their 'generosity' derived from pressuring their company's employees.

It is the airline mentality. A mentality that says this is all I can do, but heck I can fly for free!

sky high states: BULL CRAP. This IS a very senior airline. It's hard to decide to THROW AWAY 20, 30 years of your life and START OVER somewhere else. Everyone's WORKED HARD, for very bit of seniority they have accrued here! It's struggle............or start over somewhere else....usually at "beginning pay".......little accrued vacation......least desired shifts...etc. And, let's not forget about ageism. There you are, 50 years old, competing with some 25 year old. Who gets the job?

I'm shocked that the company can even campaign this charity to labor! Now, one of the LOWEST PAID companies in the industry! :down:

HOW MUCH IS DOUG DONATING?

Only stating opinions

What a joke and insult it is to have the company solicit contributions to the United Way. If an individual wishes to make charitable contributions, it should be on his/her own terms and choosing, not a company sponsored event. We work at a company that doesn't pay enough to 'give to charity.' Giving to charity simply means showing up for work every day so that the top ramen can be on the table every evening...I donate to my own case of charity. Those who buy into this campaign may as well ask what flavor the kool-aid is today.

I never donate money to any phone solicitors ( they usually only feed about 10-11% of the total funds collected to the charity) I never give money to a guy asking for change outside the liquor store so he can buy a sandwich ( tell me the truth and you might get some) and I have NEVER given to UNited ScamWay-- where they pump lots of money into fund raising parties and those nice office suites. But here is a possible way to send the message thru to the corporate office- this year, why not rework all those fine glossy posters US and UW are putting in our break rooms and crew lounges, and tape them in the lobbies over the non fuctioning kiosks, the special service counters that are understaffed or not staffed at all, heck- if you can get the Senator out of the stall, even on the doors of the toilets. Possible editing might be-- Give, so a USAirways emploee won't go home hungry again tonight , or maybe something along the lines of " Your small change is big money for the agent who will be checking you in" Maybe if enough of these make it into the public eye, the Sand Castle will not use us again next year to make a shiny star for them in the United Way book of big givers

I find it offensive to get company emails asking me to donate money when thier pay scarcely covers the cost of living. Maybe they should reprogram the mass email so at the very least they don't send it to the 20k a year employees.

Even disregarding all of the scandals that have plagued the fat-cat leaders of United Way, it always puzzled me why anyone would give to charity in that manner. Why put a middleman in the flow of your charity dollar to the area of need? United Way merely takes a cut for themselves and their fat compensation packages, then sends the remainder on to other individual charities (of their choosing, not yours) where further administrative fees are taken before anyone in need sees anything.

Skip the United Way campaign and choose your own charities. Send YOUR charities the money directly and it will go further than if the United Way grabbed a share of it first.
AGREE completely. Pick your own charities........no corporate initiative is going to tell ME where I should donate. They want to play that game, then go ahead and make a donation in My Name, because I will not be opening my checkbook just because YOU say too.

When pay is base on merit singing up for united way is part of management’s agenda

What a cheap bunch of SOB's.......... :lol:

All the lame excuses you've come up with toward helping your fellow man is asinine.

You all should be so proud and hope on your judgment day He shall be so kind................

October 11th , end date of the campaign ......

I don't think we broke any "records" this year ....

Workers FIRST :angry:

Oh and for those of you who are going to post indignant responses to this , why don’t YOU try living off of NINE dollars an hour for the next 5 years. Some of the people most in need actually WORK for our company , can you believe that ??? The pure and utter IRONY of it all .This company says it wants to help people, HA !yeah , hey senior management , instead of asking thousands of underpaid employee’s who can barely pay their bills each month to help out charity , why don’t you just pay them ??THAT way they don’t have to go to the charities In the first place …. Do you see the picture I’m painting there ???

Ah well , the holidays are coming and this company is already starting to pass out coal before the stockings are even hung……

sky high states: BULL CRAP. This IS a very senior airline. It's hard to decide to THROW AWAY 20, 30 years of your life and START OVER somewhere else. Everyone's WORKED HARD, for very bit of seniority they have accrued here! It's struggle............or start over somewhere else....usually at "beginning pay".......little accrued vacation......least desired shifts...etc. And, let's not forget about ageism. There you are, 50 years old, competing with some 25 year old. Who gets the job?

Translation: I too lazy to look for something better.

Nobody works hard to accrue seniority, they just get older at the same job! You've already thrown away the 20-30 years, why throw another 10-15 after it for a job that takes so much and pays so little? How hard a decision is that?

There's far greater reward waiting for someone with the courage to try something new than there is for someone who is just marking time.

Back