Does the book of Revlations contemplate a Black Hole on Earth

Oct 30, 2006
While perusing the off-the-wall articles on NY Times, I noticed an interesting article about a "Large Hadron Collider." The Large Hadron Collider is $8 billion project in which colliding protons will recreate energies and conditions last seen a trillionth of a second after the theorized Big Bang. In other words, it is giant particle accelerator that will begin smashing protons together.

Apparently, there is a chance -- however minute -- that the collider could produce, among other horrors, a tiny black hole, which could eat the Earth. Or it could spit out something called a “strangeletâ€￾ that would convert our planet to a shrunken dense dead lump of something called “strange matter.

Sounds like a bit of hoopla to me, but great kindling for you conspiracy and/or doomsday nuts. I was going to put the over/under of someone mentioning revelations at 4 posts, but I jumped the gun and put it in the title.

Large Hadron Collider

We already have the capability of turning the earth into one big dust bowl by smashing atoms together. We've become to smart for our own GD good!

Eh...there was trepidation at Trinity that a massive uncontrollable chain reaction of all atoms might be the unintended consequence...but Oppie shot one off any how....

Hey dude...roll the dice......check the odds against a NEO slamming in at 17K plus.... :unsure: