Don't reply with a total quote of the post PLEASE.

I copy the post I want to answer because:

• It's a habit.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know how NOT to include the post

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gonzo

Veteran
Oct 17, 2005
Is it me or do to many people quote the entire post just to post a sentence or two of their own comments? Can we not quote the entire previous post and just quote the portion of the post we are answering? If we want to make a comment about the entire post then just start it out with the name of the previous poster and then answer the post? I'm sure that a majority of us spend most of the time scrolling down to get to the the reply we want to read.
HELP!! PLEASE!!! :)

Gonzo, you are my hero!!!!!!

This isn't hard folks. If you are replying to a post, no need to quote the entire thing directly below it.

"QUICK REPLY" works well to add a comment without quoting. :)

Good point KEV3188! :)

Hey Fly.....I am glad to hear that I am not the only one that notices this problem. Thanks. :)

I haven't figured out how to just highlight a paragraph or a sentence to provide in my reply.

To copy: Left click and hold at beginning of sentence....drag to highlight what you want........release left click. It should be highlighted. Press "Ctrl" then release and then press "C" and release it should be copied.(you can also use right click if you know how to)

To paste: place cursor where you want the sentence to start and press "Ctrl" and then "V". (you can also use right click to paste if you know how)

I hope that was helpful. Can someone think of an easier way to do it.

Or you can use kev's method.

Latest posts

Back