Doug Parker letter to the Sec. of Transportation

OK, we've had some fun making snarky comments (I'm guilty, too), but what does everone think about what Dougie says in the letter?

I am not his biggest fan but but he (or whoever in corp comm actually wrote the letter )makes some rather good points.

I agreed with most everything in the letter until he began talking about the "fuel pices are high because of evil speculators" nonsense. To me, that sounds as ignorant as the "cars could get 150-200 mpg but the oil companies bought and hid all the miracle carburators that enable high mpg vehicles" claptrap that my country bumpkin redneck relatives used to talk about in the early 1980s.

Anyone happen to read Michael Boyd's take of the LaHood meeting on the Boyd Group's Monday Morning Hot Flash.

http://www.aviationplanning.com/HotFlash.htm

Boyd makes reference to several of Parker's quotes and in the end, has high praise for Parker.
Although Parker's letter was well written raised and it did raise valid points regarding the industry (going forward with NextGen), Boyd characterization that this meeting was nothing but a labor lovefest fell a little short. Boyd has always had flattering things to say about US Airways..... when it suits he position.
He was always the first to slam US publicly (CNBC and USA Today) and was always the first ones to count US as being liquidated by year end. AMR and SWA were always is his pet airlines.

Now that Boyd (Jerry Glass) is consultant to airlines.....it's no wonder he has jumped on the anti-labor bandwagon.
Whats was Jerry Glass's slogan when he was still a consultant? "When labor rises - We pounce" or something like that. Sad thing is Jerry Glass is the only executive that ACTUALLY accomplished his mission objective at US Airways. More than any other executive can say at US Airways (padding flight times for OTP doesn't count).

So, for me Boyd voicing his "high praise" for Parker falls a little short. The proof is in the annual report.
I'll make reference to one of Michael Boyd's quote:

"This is just starting. When the government doesn't want the people to know what it's planning, that's not democracy. And it should be a warning flag for what may come from these people."

Boyd sounds like an "analyst" alright.....just not one in aviation. another credible source

Back