DP Makes Fortune's List of Dumbest Business Moves

It was an east flight wasn't it?

Why people continue to berate west employees while holding up the shining example of east service (of which I contribute) seems to be a disconnect.

Berate the management all you want but why harp on west employees?

They are just like the rest of us-working under harsh conditions but seemingly a bit more optimistic-what is wrong with that.

As the poster stated it was Rome-what does that have to do with east or west?

And the "I'm a Customer..." part does not give carte blanch? on this board.
i think it's carte blanche, sanchez??
just be careful what you wish for, i guess? the "of which i contribute" clause could sustain at least five paragraphs. but, kind of like the notion of optimism, it's all relative...

...a sanchez??
just be careful what you wish for, i guess? the "of which i contribute" clause could sustain at least five paragraphs. but, kind of like the notion of optimism, it's all relative...

Ah, the xenophobe himself appears.

What ,exactly do you contest with my post?

The "Galley Show" probably needs some pithy comments.

"sanchez" would seem to suggest that you may have some issues with Latinos since I have never referred to myself as "sanchez".

Is this something you use to refer to west employees?

Ah, the xenophobe himself appears.
the irony of your poorly executed retort is intoxicating: you've made assumptions about my gender with no factual basis (other than gender hegemony) to support it.
you continually make grammatical errors that situate you among the weakest minds in america, then you chose to define me in language well beyond your conceptual grasp? couple that with your hollow defenses of the DoUgIe regime (which stupify reality), and, my friend, you emerge as a complete idiot.
next in line, please...

the irony of your poorly executed retort is intoxicating: you've made assumptions about my gender with no factual basis (other than gender hegemony) to support it.
you continually make grammatical errors that situate you among the weakest minds in america, then you chose to define me in language well beyond your conceptual grasp? couple that with your hollow defenses of the DoUgIe regime (which stupify reality), and, my friend, you emerge as a complete idiot.
next in line, please...
I'm sorry that your grammar is better then mine.

The last resort of someone who can't compose a reasonable argument is to criticize the: appearance, syntax,grammar, etc. (Remember from high school?)

However the berating of ideas and free speech do not depend on such things.

If that is what it takes to succeed and present ideas and view points then we are all in trouble.

Including you.

I might add that your last post might not make your high school English teacher very proud.

However the berating of ideas and free speech do not depend on such things.
'berate' must have been yesterday's "word of the day"? you use it with such compelling command...or something like that.
free speech is the foundation for change. it enables diverse and competing voices a sentence in the conversation. indeed, it is the precursor to change.
i am sorry you don't appreciate my disdain for DoUgIe, et al. i am more sorry that you defend a leadership that is an industry disgrace and documented as such with an abundance and diversity which are beyond profound. at some point you will have to liberate your head from the sand...when that finally happens, you can find me over in the galley humor thread.
sleep well, sanchez...can i pass you a nutty butty peace offering from the snack basket? we are a low cost carrier now, afterall.

'berate' must have been yesterday's "word of the day"? you use it with such compelling command...or something like that.
free speech is the foundation for change. it enables diverse and competing voices a sentence in the conversation. indeed, it is the precursor to change.
i am sorry you don't appreciate my disdain for DoUgIe, et al. i am more sorry that you defend a leadership that is an industry disgrace and documented as such with an abundance and diversity which are beyond profound. at some point you will have to liberate your head from the sand...when that finally happens, you can find me over in the galley humor thread.
sleep well, sanchez...can i pass you a nutty butty peace offering from the snack basket? we are a low cost carrier now, afterall.

If you actually read my post you would know that I was defending the "westie" employees from unwarranted criticism.

Dougie is not my mission- have at it.

Please read posts from start to finish.

Thank you for reiterating my belief that ideas and view point are more important than:

"how you say it"or "who says it" (your repeated reference to"sanchez" -your moniker for me).

Are you trying to tell me something?

If so, then it means a lot coming from you.

ohenry, I think broke many traditions but still had poignant things to say.

It's not how you say it, or who you are, it's what you have to say.

Again, please read posts from start to finish before typing.

As you have shown me, as a "great mind of America" that there is always room for improvement.

I've learned a lot about how to improve myself from you.

Thanks.

Can you two take your little love fest back to the galley so we can get back on topic please?

Okay, we all know Dougie and company are the root problem. But like Careful mentions, why do you constantly attack us "westies"?? We are in this mess as much as you are in the East. Does it make you feel good to put down the West folks all the time? "Sanchez"? Prejudice or another way of underlying and disrespecting our work group also? Are you that arrogant to see we are in no way the "Stepfords" you think we are? :rolleyes: Please give us some credit, because you haven't worked one day in our shoes. Grammer, and spelling are a different topic. :D

Okay, we all know Dougie and company are the root problem. But like Careful mentions, why do you constantly attack us "westies"?? We are in this mess as much as you are in the East. Does it make you feel good to put down the West folks all the time? "Sanchez"? Prejudice or another way of underlying and disrespecting our work group also? Are you that arrogant to see we are in no way the "Stepfords" you think we are? :rolleyes: Please give us some credit, because you haven't worked one day in our shoes. Grammer, and spelling are a different topic. :D

It seems that the majority of management that is running, or trying to run, this joke of an airline is all from the west. It seems that for years before the merger the west employees were going along with this joke and thinking that they were working for a "real" airline. It seems that only once this merger occured did people start to tell the emporer he had no clothes. The calzones in first class, big party cups, and the rest of the trailer park atmosphere existed long before this merger. The merger only served to force this stuff on the the old US operations in the east.

Did US have problems before the merger - of course they did - they were in BK afterall. BUT - since the merger and the takeover by the west things have only gotten worse, with no improvement in sight.

So yes - from time to time I will post disparaging things about "The West" - don't take it personally unless you happen to be part of the problem. If you think this place is as much of a joke as most of us do on this board - then my remarks about "westies" are not directed at you. BUT - there are some on this board who post comments defending this company - which just baffles me.

Now - back to topic - my original post was just pointing out that BA wasn't the first airline to put a dead body up front in business class with the other passsengers. It happened to me MANY years ago on US - so it isn't correct to say that US is better than BA in this particular case.

Perhaps an historical perspective is in order.

All of historys despots had strong followings that eventually grew to the point where the despot came to power and ultimately retained power until a military blunder or coup did them in.

Like an old buddy of mine used to say, "in 'Nam we didn't ask what their rank was, if they wore black pajamas we shot them" Some see or hear America West and just cringe. It wasn't my favorite carrier when it was standalone so I can relate to that sentiment.

Attitudes of employees and customers are often shaped by the type of leadership provided. When a person in a primary leadership position like our Mr Parker engages in what at best could be called objectionable behavior it is often dificult not to paint the organization with the stain of their conduct. In a merger situation often only part of the workforce gets blamed as is the case here.

The old US AIrways was riddled with faults. Faults that led it to the brink of liquidation. However the management team there somehow managed to keep their names off the police blotter and off the list of 100 stupidest things list which tells us something about the difference between Old US and New US.

One thing it tells us is that a person who is "Sloppy" in his personal life leads a company that is also "Sloppy" in it's IT, Operations, Marketing, Customer Service and Labor Relations. Given all of the challenges one could easily argue that Fortune magizine was very kind to US Airways given the body of evidence. US Airways IMO could have easily earned 4 or 5 positions on that list. Mr Parkers overimbibing in many ways would seem to be the least of US Airways burdens.
Thanks Piney. But I still feel burdened by Legacy to LCC's posts towards Westies!! Unfair. :huh:

It seems that the majority of management that is running, or trying to run, this joke of an airline is all from the west. It seems that for years before the merger the west employees were going along with this joke and thinking that they were working for a "real" airline. It seems that only once this merger occured did people start to tell the emporer he had no clothes. The calzones in first class, big party cups, and the rest of the trailer park atmosphere existed long before this merger. The merger only served to force this stuff on the the old US operations in the east.

Did US have problems before the merger - of course they did - they were in BK afterall. BUT - since the merger and the takeover by the west things have only gotten worse, with no improvement in sight.

So yes - from time to time I will post disparaging things about "The West" - don't take it personally unless you happen to be part of the problem. If you think this place is as much of a joke as most of us do on this board - then my remarks about "westies" are not directed at you. BUT - there are some on this board who post comments defending this company - which just baffles me.

Now - back to topic - my original post was just pointing out that BA wasn't the first airline to put a dead body up front in business class with the other passsengers. It happened to me MANY years ago on US - so it isn't correct to say that US is better than BA in this particular case.
You are not constantly posting negative comments against "westies". The mgmt is the problem. I am just discusted with the constant attacks on West employees. Not all of the westies are kool-aid drinkers.
I know Us Air was once a proud, "legacy", award winning airline. I totally respect that. I am sorry our America West has ruined it!! But it is not the Westies fault. We were once proud of our regional carrier at one time, had things that were great!! Now we are one airline. So can we please move on???? We know things will get worse, but let's move on to make things better with this west v.s. east crap. :up:

Back