Earnings

PayParity

Sep 15, 2007
AP
US Airways Swings to 3Q Profit
Thursday October 25, 8:29 am ET
US Airways Posts Profit in 3rd Quarter on Higher Revenue, Lower Costs; Beats Analyst Estimates

TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) -- US Airways Group Inc. on Thursday said it swung to a profit in the third quarter as the carrier raised fares while reducing the number of flights flown.
Net income for the three months ended Sept. 30 rose to $177 million, or $1.87 per share, compared with a loss of $78 million, or a loss of 88 cents per share, during the same period last year.

US Airways Group, Inc. Reports Significantly Improved Third Quarter Earnings
Thursday October 25, 8:00 am ET
Highlights of the US Airways Group, Inc. (the Company) third quarter 2007 results:
- Net profit for the third quarter 2007 was $177 million, or $1.87 per diluted share versus a net loss of $78 million, or ($0.88) per share for the third quarter 2006.
- Excluding special items, third quarter 2007 net profit was $185 million or $1.96 per diluted share versus a net profit of $101 million or $1.09 per share in 2006.
- On a year to date basis, US Airways has accrued $55 million for its annual employee profit sharing program.
- The Company had $3.1 billion in total cash and investments, of which $0.5 billion was restricted, on September 30, 2007.

Report 2

wow, they are "really" pleased with operational improvement????????????

"We are especially pleased with the improvement we've seen in operating reliability as the result of our operational improvement plan. During September 2007, more than 80 percent of our flights arrived on time and we completed 99 percent of our flights as scheduled. This was our best on-time performance so far in 2007 and the second best month since our merger in September 2005. We have begun the fourth quarter well and are optimistic that we are on track to regain our position as an industry leader in operational reliability.

I wonder if this includes the flights they precancelled, due to express pulling multiple airplanes due to being unable to staff their airlines?????????

AP
US Airways Swings to 3Q Profit
Thursday October 25, 8:29 am ET
US Airways Posts Profit in 3rd Quarter on Higher Revenue, Lower Costs; Beats Analyst Estimates
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) -- US Airways Group Inc. on Thursday said it swung to a profit in the third quarter as the carrier raised fares while reducing the number of flights flown.
Net income for the three months ended Sept. 30 rose to $177 million, or $1.87 per share, compared with a loss of $78 million, or a loss of 88 cents per share, during the same period last year.

US Airways Group, Inc. Reports Significantly Improved Third Quarter Earnings
Thursday October 25, 8:00 am ET
Highlights of the US Airways Group, Inc. (the Company) third quarter 2007 results:
- Net profit for the third quarter 2007 was $177 million, or $1.87 per diluted share versus a net loss of $78 million, or ($0.88) per share for the third quarter 2006.
- Excluding special items, third quarter 2007 net profit was $185 million or $1.96 per diluted share versus a net profit of $101 million or $1.09 per share in 2006.
- On a year to date basis, US Airways has accrued $55 million for its annual employee profit sharing program.
- The Company had $3.1 billion in total cash and investments, of which $0.5 billion was restricted, on September 30, 2007.

Report 2
So how much profit sharing should we get next year? :up:

Last year, the full year total was $58.7 million. This year so far we are up to $55 million with the 4th quarter to go.

Wet blanket alert:

Next year, with oil approaching $150 and the US in recession, they will be coming to taketh away your pay; if this place can survive at all. :shock:

Next year, with oil approaching $150 and the US in recession, they will be coming to taketh away your pay; if this place can survive at all. :shock:

I think the word "recession" understates what we're headed for. The bright side is that the fatal flaws of central banking are about to be exposed, albeit painfully.

What is the methodology LCC uses to determine profit-sharing for its employees? At Delta, its 15% of the first $1.5 billion, and 20% for anything over that. (Delta has never made more than $1.2 billion profit in a full fiscal year, so don't count on seeing that 20% any time soon) Thus far, Delta has accrued $160 million for profit-sharing. Also, the money isn't dispersed equally amongst employees, rather, its based on last years W-2 final earnings. Is this how it works at LCC?

Good to see a profit.

Congrats to everyone.

Try to be happy for a day.

Let's see LCC-Stew: Lost my retirement, after 18 years of service. Lost 40% of my pay, after 18 years of service. Lost 17 years of seniority , after 20 years of service. I am always looking for the next shoe to drop and I see it coming, that's all. Go ahead, bury your head in the sand. The clouds are building, there is a storm coming.

I don't trust management, or anything that comes from this airline, do you blame me?

HPearlyretiree (nice): Did you see Dougie on CNBC this morning? He admitted that the profits were a result of industry capacity reductions and the resulting fare increases...nothing he did. "A rising tide floats all ships." It is obvious from this interview he has no plan, short term or long term. He is totally dependant on industry trends, "the trend is his friend".

$55,000,000 currently sits in the Profit Sharing pool along with
$3,100,000,000 sitting as investments and cash(in hand money) .

Thanks

Congrats to USAir on the return of profits despite record high fuel prices. Sorry everyone had to give up multiple rounds of paycuts and pension terminations in multiple bankruptcies to get there.

Piney: The US mainline yield is catching up to AA's yield; in fact, everyone's mainline yield is finally catching up to AA's. Problem at AA is its higher expenses (since it didn't discharge its unsecured debt and didn't walk away from its pilot pensions). The formerly bankrupt airlines have shown tremendous revenue gains (percentage wise) the last few quarters. About time, since they were all showing yields and unit revenue well below that at AA. AA's yield fell in 2001 and 2002 but not as far as the bankrupt airlines - their yield fell more, perhaps because of the book-away syndrome that most Ch 11 airlines face.

I'll let someone else tackle labor cost comparisons but I don't think US is as low as management would like.

Let's see LCC-Stew: Lost my retirement, after 18 years of service. Lost 40% of my pay, after 18 years of service. Lost 17 years of seniority , after 20 years of service. I am always looking for the next shoe to drop and I see it coming, that's all. Go ahead, bury your head in the sand. The clouds are building, there is a storm coming.

I don't trust management, or anything that comes from this airline, do you blame me?

Clearly you live in the past. You dwell on negativity, distrust, blame, loss, victim and you have this "poor me" attitude about life.
If you can't change your outlook in life and focus more on hope, faith and be more optimistic about your future, you wouldn't attract the next shoe to drop. You'll just attract more tragedy, misfortune, suffering if you focus your energy on that!

If you are so unhappy about your current situation, change it. If you don't want to change and unhappy about your life, it's time to leave and move on.

You'll never see progress, if you are stuck in the past.

Latest posts