East Scheduling....

With all due respect Hula a reserve on their rightfull day off is NOT hurting the customer for not answering the phone. The reserve on their day off deserves their day off. Go and look at option 18 on catcrew. Do YOU see a sickout by the reserves? You certainly DO NOT. I'm not saying the blockholders called off sick or that they don't have the contractual right but they have MUCH more ability to be flexibile and the reserve are supposed to DROP EVERYTHING and work. BULL$H!T. It's total crap and every blockholder knows it. If not then BID IT AND LIVE IT. I wouldn't answer my phone to work on a day off unless that trip value was going ABOVE my guarantee. Other than that it is pointless. Work your day off then sit for days on end until everyone else catches up to your LTO? Not a chance. Also folks, just because we complain about a section of our contract DOES NOT mean we should be carefull about what we wish for. IT does not have to go the west way if the east way changes nor the east way if the west way changes on language. That is BS as well.

I love how scheduling says they will give you a space positive seat to PHL if you will please please come to work (that was on my voicemail today...). So, what if I live in PHL? Do I get a free space positive ticket to anywhere we fly? :blink: Up the ante, please. B)

How is it an employee's fault when the CBA permits them not to take a trip?

Maybe you should start blaming the company for not having enough employees to do the job?

Ever think of that?

This is rich coming from someome who came out to unload Dash 8 commuters with 5 of his overweight overpaid cronies and a belt loader, while express employed 2 agents and a bag cart to do the same job.

Excuse me?

Sorry havent worked the ramp in 17 years, and never worked a Dash-8.

Try again. I was part of the mechanic and related workforce.

Why the lame attempt at an insult?

At least get it right, says alot about you insulting people and you cant even do that right.

CLT reserve here. The problem is not the reserves willingness to work, it is a system that works better the less you work. Most reserves have figured out that the less you work the more control you have of your schedule. Those with the least amount of time get to cherry pick the trips available to reserves.

From my understanding the union and the company negotated the 2004 in poor faith. They both new that the FAA had determined that a reserve was considered on duty when they were on call. It makes me wonder if the reserve system would have been different if this was addressed then.

From my understanding the union and the company negotated the 2004 in poor faith. They both new that the FAA had determined that a reserve was considered on duty when they were on call. It makes me wonder if the reserve system would have been different if this was addressed then.
I actually think the union and company knew about this along. It has been that way for the pilots since I was hired in 1989. Are we saying that our union reps are that stupid not to question to difference between a pilot being on duty 7 days and a f/a being on duty for the same. I questioned it long ago and got the reply from both, that I was just a f/a and it doesn't pertain to you. Again, make me feel like a second class citizen. Do you realize, if they had infroced this years ago, things might be very different. Bh might be flying more, and we might not even have this pathetic LTO system. How many days does the company owe me over the years? Leave me on duty 12 days in a row and even make rsv lines with 8/9 days on duty, talk about abuse. But it's ok, it doesn't hurt a BH to leave a rsv on duty 12/13 days in a row.

You will hear some from the union and company say that they had NO IDEA about the 24/7 rule when they sure as hell did. I don't care what they say about it, they knew. Not much can be done about it now. What we negotiated and voted on is here to stay until we vote again. Whether in bad faith or not it's here. I DO remember the vote going out without the approval of the union. Did the union fight hard enough to protect the reserve? I don't honestly know how a union leader could say that they did. The reserves were screwed to protect what we have for the blockholder because "it's always been done that way". Well we should not have to rob the benefits of a blockholder to make reserve better. It should be good for ALL.

Travelpro72
The reserves were screwed to protect what we have for the blockholder because "it's always been done that way". Well we should not have to rob the benefits of a blockholder to make reserve better. It should be good for ALL.

Travelpro72 you are right in the respect that in the past the negotations were more in favor of the blockholder and we were always told not to let anything go because we would too be a blockholder. Well, that day does not appear to be coming anytime soon. Enough is enough and it is time to start fighting for Section 11 and getting definite improvements for it. If a blockholder feels that a reserve is getting something better then let the blockholder bid reserve. The difference is that most of the flight attendants on reserve do not have an option and they have been on reserve for 17 to 18 years without getting a block. So we all need to develop a new way of looking at things and at negotations when it comes to section 11.

Favors? Are serious? You're not doing the company nor the scheduler a "favor" when you do your job. Maybe things would change if we went to South Wests way of compensation.....get paid for what you fly!
I doubt that they left a message on your machine "begging" you to work. Kudos for letting the machine pick up. The passengers appreciate it I'm sure. Remember them? They are responsible for your pay check. Cancel their flights and they'll go else where, no big deal.

A charity? Always have their hands out? Honey, they are your coworkers, getting paid to cover trips while you #### about not wanting to fly, or calling off sick when there is no coverage when you're NOT sick. Or conveniently get sick out of base in FLL or MCO for the morning originator....and lo, you LIVE there.

Sure would be a fine airline if everybody would just do what they were hired to do.
Hula,
Ask ANY reserve that was off that day what scheduling left as a message on their phone. The guy that left a message on my machine said that he knew it was my day off and they were short. If I was interested to "please,please" give us a call. Thats begging. If you had called the final update for the night, they mentioned that there were still trips not covered and again "Please give us a call and we can work out a deal". Also, I love to fly...I get to meet many d@ckheads like you. I just won't give up an off day so that my LTO is too high for later.
I don't commute. I'm one of the 19% who actually live in base.
I have one sick call for the fiscal year. It drops off this Feb. I have hundreds of hours in my sick bank, NO NCTS, NO no shows, NO bad letters,etc. There is very few reserves that can say that.
This would be a fine airline if they could figure out a better reserve system....we put a man on the moon for God's sake!!! Figure out how to use your employees properly!

Reserve should rotate or be included in lines. It is done this way at some airlines and it would force the "senior" folks to recognize the system is un-livable as is. It will never happen, as the union exists for the top 10% only; at least on the ALPA side.

Favors? Are serious? You're not doing the company nor the scheduler a "favor" when you do your job. Maybe things would change if we went to South Wests way of compensation.....get paid for what you fly!
I doubt that they left a message on your machine "begging" you to work. Kudos for letting the machine pick up. The passengers appreciate it I'm sure. Remember them? They are responsible for your pay check. Cancel their flights and they'll go else where, no big deal.

A charity? Always have their hands out? Honey, they are your coworkers, getting paid to cover trips while you #### about not wanting to fly, or calling off sick when there is no coverage when you're NOT sick. Or conveniently get sick out of base in FLL or MCO for the morning originator....and lo, you LIVE there.

Sure would be a fine airline if everybody would just do what they were hired to do.

The f/as were not hired by the company to give up their days off and cover trips because the company poorly plans.

You know better.

If the company offers double time, then, folks may elect to give up days-off because it maybe more worth the while.

The f/as were not hired by the company to give up their days off and cover trips because the company poorly plans.

You know better.

If the company offers double time, then, folks may elect to give up days-off because it maybe more worth the while.

I stand corrected T. Actually I couldnt go back and edit the post or would have.

As for beachbaby, take a hike.
flygirl, did I single you out? Dont think so honey. There are b/h's and rsvs who pull that crap, if it doesnt pertain to you, wonderful, if it does...you should be terminated. C U Next Tuesday sweetums

Back