East/West MMR union dues

whirly_001

Nov 22, 2005
Can someone on the east side tell me what they are paying for union dues. The wonderful IAM is making the West mechanics pay 2 1/2 times our hourly wage. I have heard the east guys pay a different amount, how can we be in the same union and pay different dues? I would like more clarification than Frank S.'s excuse of because that is what you were paying the Teamster's. We arent Teamster's anymore!

Can someone on the east side tell me what they are paying for union dues. The wonderful IAM is making the West mechanics pay 2 1/2 times our hourly wage. I have heard the east guys pay a different amount, how can we be in the same union and pay different dues? I would like more clarification than Frank S.'s excuse of because that is what you were paying the Teamster's. We arent Teamster's anymore!
$48.50/Month

They also said they wouldn't take out dues until the agreement was done.

Oh well, suits get paid and the IAM gets paid but the mechanics still aren't getting paid.

They also said they wouldn't take out dues until the agreement was done.

Oh well, suits get paid and the IAM gets paid but the mechanics still aren't getting paid.

F. Schifano told the accredited groups that it was going to be a 'weighed average' for dues. i.e., total everyone's hourly rate, divide by the number of people, then take twice that amount. I guess that's a weighted average. <_<

:angry: WOW! It seems Frank S.'s name keeps popping up in a bad way. In fact it is funny...every time we on the west side have questions, Frank is nowhere to be found. His excuse of being being busy with negotiations is a load of b.s. since no negotiations are taking place. Come on Frank! Grow a pair and show up in Phoenix and take your lumps like a real man(that means staying long enough to talk to all shifts). After all you work for us. :down: :down: :down:

:up: As suggested by one of my co-workers , I have just sent an e-mail to the IAM stating my dissatisfaction with Frank S.'s representation as my GC. I would hope that other people both east and west, would do the same if they feel the same way. Please, if you do send comments to the union, be civil and be specific in your reasons. :up:

There are about six ways do collect dues, in CLT it use to be mech, stores and util 2 hour pay with the weighted average so you had the average high as there were more mechanics and it drove the lesser compensated employees dues higher.

After a bylaw vote change it as changed to two times the weighted hourly wage per classification under each cba. So in this case mechs, stores and utility all had their own set dues rate based on their two hour wage average, a more fair to if you make more per wage you pay more and if you make less you pay less.

Those are two examples of how it was done and now how it is being done.

Also how the dues are calculated are in your local lodge bylaws out of the IAM Constitution which gives you the various formulas that each local can vote to decide on how to set the dues rates.

Hope this helps.

a more fair to if you make more per wage you pay more and if you make less you pay less.

Yes a more fair way...just like buying insurance, gas, food and shelter if you make less they charge less. Yes a more fair way just as your deductions for health care are less because you make less. Yes a more fair way to charge on group less then another group for the same service (service lol thats a joke). The only thing similar is tax rates and we all know how fair that it.

And now since the mechs at U East started getting paid for both license's again I'm sure the dues will be going up :down: Remember don't become a dues objector just have them stop deducting them from your check and pay them in pennies every month! Good luck finding someone at the hall to be able to count that high!

Latest posts

Back