Election 2014: 27 Weeks Remaining

eolesen

Veteran
Jul 23, 2003
A change from last week: IA's open seat has moved from "Leans Dem" to "Toss Up"

Week27.jpg

If the toss-ups get split down the middle, control still shifts to the Republicans.

According to a new Pew Research-USA Today poll released Monday, the GOP looks poised not only to make gains in both houses, but possibly even wrest control of the U.S. Senate from the Democrats. The poll shows Republicans with a 47-43 lead on generic congressional ballot, up 10 points from October following the much maligned government shutdown, which voters overwhelmingly blamed on the GOP. At that point, Democrats held a 6-point lead over their embattled opponents. Six months later, the momentum appears to be all on the Republicans’ side.

I'm expecting NC to shift from toss-up over to leans GOP after tonight's primary. Maybe by next week there will be some polling data on the actual candidates in the November race.

RCP left it as a toss-up because of the 8-way primary for the GOP. Now that race has been decided, and Tom Tillis easily defeated the Tea Party backed candidate as well as six other challengers. Dems were hoping for the Tea Party candidate to win so that they could sway moderates. That may be a harder task now.

eolesen said:
I'm expecting NC to shift from toss-up over to leans GOP after tonight's primary. Maybe by next week there will be some polling data on the actual candidates in the November race.

RCP left it as a toss-up because of the 8-way primary for the GOP. Now that race has been decided, and Tom Tillis easily defeated the Tea Party backed candidate as well as six other challengers. Dems were hoping for the Tea Party candidate to win so that they could sway moderates. That may be a harder task now.
living here I can tell you the Senate race is going to be a bloodbath. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the most expensive race in the country.

I live in the Lake Norman area, Tillis is from the area, the rich like him the middle and lower class not so much.

But I agree the Hagan - Tillis race is going to be ugly and costly, I have done a few fund raisers for Kay.

Back