End of Story

dapoes

Veteran
May 17, 2008
Senate Dems Pull $80 Million in Gitmo Closure Funding, Oppose Transfer of Detainees to U.S.

Senate Democrats threw cold water on President Obama's plans to close the Guantanamo Bay detention center Tuesday, pulling money for the closure from a $91 billion war spending request and publicly opposing the transfer of any detainees to U.S. soil.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said Democrats not only oppose the release of detainees into the United States but also oppose the transfer of detainees to U.S. prisons.

"We will never allow terrorists to be released in the United States," he said, adding: "Part of what we don't want is for them to be put in prisons in the United States. We don't want them around in the United States."

Funny how some of these people suddenly flipped over this subject. Maybe they are feeling nervous about 2010 perhaps???

And theres more closure on ridiculous witch hunts:

SCOTUS rules Bush officials can’t be sued.

In a 5-4 decision, the Supreme Court ruled Monday that several high-ranking government officials cannot be sued for their official actions in the wake of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

The opinion, authored by Justice Anthony Kennedy and joined by the court's conservative justices, upholds long-standing immunity protections given to government officers for their official duties.

I'm not a virulent Bush hater but one thing he did either by accident or on purpose was to create this giant group of bogeymen also known as terrorists.

Really? Are you really sure about that? Did you forgot about something that happen in 2001 perhaps?

wtc-9-11.jpg

Or was that just bogeyman?

NO! Clearly we need to fight terrorism!

Despite the rhetoric here my leadership style is more low key and rather then the now nearly 8 year saga of mass hysteria I would have preferred if we just went about our business and turned the intelligence community loose along with the appropriate military force and took care of business calmly, quietly and with deadly force.

Let Mr Bin Laden and his associates be the ones cowering and wondering where the Great Satan will strike next. Will it be in court by freezing assets, from the skis with bunker buster bombs or a none to friendly personal visit from the 10tn Mountain Ranger battalion.

All of the bluster and sabre rattling just made our own people cower in fear of another attack, which just proves the laws of unintended consequences is alive and well. General Patton bid say it best.

"No b*stard ever won a war by dying for his country.
He won it by making the other poor dumb b*stard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton Jr

Oh...ok. You had me worried there for a second. I think it would have been better as well as letting the special ops guys, rangers, etc loose and rain down bloody hell upon those that are most set against our destruction. Let the military take care of them instead of Washington trying to.

You know what is ironic is what Obama sold the people on for votes about the Bush administration and now in quite a few instances he has basically sided with Bush era policy and re-instituted same.
And the Pelosi debacle caused primarily by Obama's idiotic release of classified CIA memo's has come home to roost for the Dem's.
In their zeal to 'dis Bush, they have in fact exposed the possibility that Bush's policies to protect the US were in fact quite successful and ruin the Dem position.
Watch to see if the O administration allows any release of documents as Cheney and Pelosi requested.
It will blow the Dem's anti Bush agenda out of the water.

DUH.........

Back