Enough is Enough

Excellent post..................

We want cheap oil but then again drill in someone else's backyard.............Unless Uncle Sam and all the tree hugger's relent.....you'll be importing oil until the supply drys up.
So dell...let's drill in Alaska and everyone's back yard. Alaska would provide us with about another 20 years of gasoline at our current level of consumption. If that 20 year supply we tap drops the price a little (which I doubt it will), GM might stop their possible shut down of the Hummer line and they'll be a run on SUV's again. Then we'd have maybe 15 years left...and at that point, we really ARE at the mercy of the foreign countries that would sell us oil. So we'd have to have a viable alternative IN PLACE and ACCEPTED by 2025. My kid will be 31 then. I'll only be 68.

Think about this...how much gas did we waste over the past 20 years with our love affair with the suburban assault vehicles? Seems like only yesterday, doesn't it? But that's how much of "our" oil we've got just waiting to be drilled. But Cosworth is right (especially about Dallas)....do you really NEED a 4 ton off road vehicle to navigate the "high five" intersection? And yes, the vast majority of SUV's are carrying one lone occupant down a paved city street. But unless we learn to conserve, drilling every yard in America will not provide us with "affordable" gasoline for any significant period of time.

I didn't say AMFA is part of the AFL-CIO but they did aid in the outsourcing of AMT jobs with the very first NWA AMT contract they "negotiated". It was so obvious that NWA would find it opportune to look for cheap labor to replace the AMT's when AMFA "negotiated" away what amounted to 38% of the previous year's maintenance budget, that it had to be intentional.
Do you understand what I'm saying? AMFA allowed NWA to put a dollar figure on that 38%, instead of 38% of the manhours. In other words, through the contract, AMFA gave NWA a check for however much the amount was and said go find cheap labor. If they'd had nailed them down to the number of manhours were expended the previous year for aircraft maintenance, then 38% would have been 38%.
I think AMFA is and always has been a company union. I believe it was and is controlled by the heads of the industry, or people acting on behalf of the globalists that are outsourcing our future.

Pretty ignorant on the AMFA issue are you not? :blink:
The IAM negotiated the farm out language in the pre-AMFA contract. AMFA didn't change it but took a pay bump instead.
AMFA was run by mechanics, not SOROS.
I think you need a tin foil hat.

B) UT

So dell...let's drill in Alaska and everyone's back yard. Alaska would provide us with about another 20 years of gasoline at our current level of consumption. If that 20 year supply we tap drops the price a little (which I doubt it will), GM might stop their possible shut down of the Hummer line and they'll be a run on SUV's again. Then we'd have maybe 15 years left...and at that point, we really ARE at the mercy of the foreign countries that would sell us oil. So we'd have to have a viable alternative IN PLACE and ACCEPTED by 2025. My kid will be 31 then. I'll only be 68.

Think about this...how much gas did we waste over the past 20 years with our love affair with the suburban assault vehicles? Seems like only yesterday, doesn't it? But that's how much of "our" oil we've got just waiting to be drilled. But Cosworth is right (especially about Dallas)....do you really NEED a 4 ton off road vehicle to navigate the "high five" intersection? And yes, the vast majority of SUV's are carrying one lone occupant down a paved city street. But unless we learn to conserve, drilling every yard in America will not provide us with "affordable" gasoline for any significant period of time.

Dude...if you're going to cry about SUV's because you are a prudent Greenie.....and drive a Prius....which I think is commendable...why don't you attack the dilemma head on and lobby against our love affair with air travel and stop commercial jet transportation?How much oil has been wasted flying half filled,unprofitable aircraft routes over the last thirty years?
Then go for the US military and denude our offensive capabilities as U Sam uses the most oil around.
Get off your infatuation with SUV's and look at the big picture......

Billions of dollars in oil profits, Let's stop giving our income to oil companies.

Fight back people... form a union.

We'll use that union for our bully, and squeeze them for a change.

Ceo pay averages over six hundred times that of the working man and woman.

$billions in profit , yet the margin is about the same.
5% of 1000 is more then 5% of 100. Yet you are still only gaining 5% on your investment.

How will forming a union help ?

If you are jealous of what a CEO makes go back to school and better yourself.

Actually there's different factions of labor unions
must stand as one. That means; AMT's, F/A's, Pilots, Ramp, etc. Workers rights are a common cause. They were won collectively. It took many people from all walks, and that's what it will take to save the middleclass.

I'm sure the NW AMTs liked all the support they got.

Dude...if you're going to cry about SUV's because you are a prudent Greenie.....and drive a Prius....which I think is commendable...why don't you attack the dilemma head on and lobby against our love affair with air travel and stop commercial jet transportation?How much oil has been wasted flying half filled,unprofitable aircraft routes over the last thirty years?
Then go for the US military and denude our offensive capabilities as U Sam uses the most oil around.
Get off your infatuation with SUV's and look at the big picture......
I sort of think I am looking at the big picture. And looking back at 1960 when we were asked "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country". Over the past 20 years, it seems the best thing we could do for our country was suck gas...now we seem to be asking our country to get the price of gas down.

Yeah, I drive a Prius - but even when the first Suburban's began showing up in suburban shopping malls 20 years ago, I thought they were a waste of metal, money and gasoline. They've only become bigger wastes of money, metal and gasoline. I'm a little ticked that all that demand from other people has forced me to pay $35 to fill my tank. But I do have to say I have a nice warm feeling when I see the Denali next to me hit triple digits on his fillup.

Air travel serves a purpose. The military serves a purpose. What purpose does an SUV serve (especially an SUV in a CITY) other than to stroke the owners ego?

How about a deal...this liberal offers you the ability to drill the ANWR dry...drill off the coast of Florida and turn the Emerald Coast into the La Brea tar pits east. In return, you let me have congress approve a "gas hog" tax on SUV's...just like the guy who drives the Ferrari pays (even though the Ferrari gets better mileage). That way...you righties get all this good oil, and us lefties have a way to make SUV's look less attractive. Is that a deal?

I'm sure the NW AMTs liked all the support they got.
I'm sure the NW AMT's are the reason you all should stand as one. "That means; AMT's, F/A's, Pilots, Ramp, etc. Workers rights are a common cause."

What you don't learn from history will only repeat itself.

If you are jealous of what a CEO makes go back to school and better yourself.
How many MBA's a running around putting in 80 hour weeks and still earning a fraction of what a CEO makes? I thought "bettering ones self" would offer a decent income and some spare time to boot. Corporations have fooled many into thinking that the MBA is their ticket to easy street. Usually, it's their ticket to long hours, little pay (in comparison to the hours they put in), broken marriages, and ulcers.

Over the past 20 years, it seems the best thing we could do for our country was suck gas...now we seem to be asking our country to get the price of gas down.

Get all the tree huggers to get more refineries built would be a start even though it wouldn't be an overnite cure.

But I do have to say I have a nice warm feeling when I see the Denali next to me hit triple digits on his fillup.

Told you....you got SUV envy :lol:.

Air travel serves a purpose.

Duh....going to Disneyworld serves a purpose?Going to the Caribbean serves a purpose?Going to work in DC while residing in NH serves a purpose?(save the planet and by a house in the DC area) I don't know,but I think someone forward thinking as a liberal would see into these issues especially in times of dwindling oil reserves which much like under Carter.....20 years from now they'll still be pumping from the ground.....probably not the US though.

Last time I checked...it takes a whole lot of Hummers to fill the tank in a '47.

The military serves a purpose.

Won't need all that fuel...Big 'O' is going to meet with all our enemies and take nice warm showers into the middle of the night and cut military funding in half...so look at all the fuel we'll save then.

That way...you righties get all this good oil, and us lefties have a way to make SUV's look less attractive. Is that a deal?

No need...big three have already seen the light.

In the Carter years there was an oil embargo, supply was higher than demand however there was a disruption in the supply line. Now we are in a different situation. With all of the emerging countries demand is outpacing supply. Of course the price is also inflated with speculators who bid on oil but never take delivery of it which drives up the price for those who really want to take delivery of the oil. It is also no accident that our government has done nothing to encourage conservation or other already viable sources of renewable energy. Oil companies have lobbied our government with thier huge profits to stall inovation and investment until they can reinvent themselves as environmentally friendly "Energy Companies" and find a way to control whatever new sources of energy we move toward. Oil went up almost $11 a barrel on friday and we havent even begun to feel the effects of that . That much of an increase in one day is historical. Hope someone in Washington notices and sends help.

Get all the tree huggers to get more refineries built would be a start even though it wouldn't be an overnite cure.

NO! No more refineries. No more drilling in the US or territories or surrounding waters. See post #13. We had a oil crisis in the 70's and no one paid any attention. At least not here in the US. The Japanese sure as hell did. They were building small economical cars that actually worked. Now GM is shutting down all their SUV plants except for the one in Texas. That is like shutting the barn door after the horse left the stall, had a colt, raised it and then died of old age.

Drilling/refining oil only will delay even longer what should have started to happen 30 years go. You want to shut down the terrorists and the ME. STOP USING THE ONLY DAMN THING THAT KEEPS THEM GOING!!! How freaking hard is this to understand? We can put a man on the moon and a phone in my shirt pocket that has more computing power than those that were on the Apollo missions but we cannot come up with a power source to replace the internal combustion engine? BS!!!

NO! No more refineries. No more drilling in the US or territories or surrounding waters. See post #13. We had a oil crisis in the 70's and no one paid any attention. At least not here in the US. The Japanese sure as hell did. They were building small economical cars that actually worked. Now GM is shutting down all their SUV plants except for the one in Texas. That is like shutting the barn door after the horse left the stall, had a colt, raised it and then died of old age.

Drilling/refining oil only will delay even longer what should have started to happen 30 years go. You want to shut down the terrorists and the ME. STOP USING THE ONLY DAMN THING THAT KEEPS THEM GOING!!! How freaking hard is this to understand? We can put a man on the moon and a phone in my shirt pocket that has more computing power than those that were on the Apollo missions but we cannot come up with a power source to replace the internal combustion engine? BS!!!

Sounds wonderful except oil and oil lubed items won't go away until the last drop is brewed.

Somebody doesn't have their head up their butt

First in America Since 1976

Voters have said yes to a zoning ordinance that would result in construction of the nation’s newest oil refinery in over 30 years.

The highly contentious issue has pitted neighbor against neighbor in Union County, SD for months after Hyperion Energy first applied for a zoning permit to build the refinery.

Elk Point, SD city officials, quoted in the Sioux City Journal, were elated over the vote, saying it could bring thousands of new jobs and millions of dollars into the farming community

The facility would process 400,000 barrels of Alberta tar sands crude a day

Veritas...you're on deck... :lol:

Sounds wonderful except oil and oil lubed items won't go away until the last drop is brewed.

Pretty much the sad case. Oil/"Serious" money speaking = "President/Senator/WTF-ever Suck-a-Buck" "Pay attention here!!"..."The reality is that, as an actual person...you're essentially just a worthless clown..and you, at some internal level...do honestly know that." "We'll fix you up a very nice Fantasyland life for yourself and yours for your whole lifetime". "All you have to do is play ball for awhile". "We all know that this sad game can continue for a couple more decades or so...and after that?" = "What do you even pretend to care anyway?"....."Here's a few more millions in the meanwhile"...etc...ad nauseum.

"WTF did we just hear!!!??"...."Alternative Energy!!??" = "That's really, really Cute"..."Call us when we can make huge money from it...Meanwhile? = We'll stick with the oil BS"

"An Inconvenient Truth"? = The demos are as much up to their eyeballs in such BS as are the repubs.

Back