Envoy....No more Bruch from Europe....

I'm not slightly at the least surprised...CO delivers what they promise.

I don't recall US ever having promised ice cream and then not giving out ice cream they didn't promise.

But they have done the opposite, the company has in the past provided my coworkers and I with unexpected and unsolicited (and as such never-promised) ice cream on at least two (2) occasions. They even had chocolate sauce and crushed peanuts and sprinkles for toppings. And the craziest part was that I hadn't purchased anything from them, in fact, they were paying me to eat free ice cream because I was on the clock.

My mind: blown.

Sounds like they ran out of the Kool Aid that day in PHX so they brought you Ice Cream.

Ha ha. Yeah. Kool-aid... <_< that joke never gets old...ever. Heh. What do you do for US again?

We've never had the option of Kool-Aid, though we are given free Gatorade during the hotter months.

But this isn't what we're supposed to be discussing, I believe the thread is about how "bruch" is no longer being served on flights from Europe. I don't know if this is really such a big deal because I never knew we served bruch and have done some research and discovered that US was apparently the only airline service having provided bruch because no one else does or has bruch on any of their flights to or from anywhere. Or you know, just go to Starbucks and get some of that yogurt parfait with the crunchy...bran stuff that comes on the side. Or an espresso brownie bar, maybe...

discovered that US was apparently the only airline service having provided bruch because no one else does or has bruch on any of their flights to or from anywhere.

You think that is a good thing? :shock: They were the only one because US's "premium" product sucks more than those other airlines.

Are you dim? What do YOU do for US?

No one is complaining that US STOPPED serving brunch, it's that they started at all. The point is that US was so cheap and chintzy that they refused to serve a full meal to $6000 fare international business class customers on flights as long as 11 hours. Instead they pulled out the incredibly stupid 'brunch" idea, despite the fact that Europeans don't do brunch and that no one wants anything eggy or resemblinf french toast at 3 in the afternoon... in fact, no one wants french toast at all outside of Denny's. Typical PHX attitude, buy your own yogurt from Starbucks (obviously the height of sophistication out there) and bring it on the plane, after paying thousands of dollars, the same price as Continental, Delta. This is the disgusting attitude that will be the demise of this whole mess.

Are you dim? What do YOU do for US?

. in fact, no one wants french toast at all outside of Denny's. Typical PHX attitude, buy your own yogurt from Starbucks (obviously the height of sophistication out there) and bring it on the plane, after paying thousands of dollars, the same price as Continental, Delta. This is the disgusting attitude that will be the demise of this whole mess.

in a nutshell!

Wow. Whoa. Good lord people.

If you re-read my post you'll notice that I said nothing about brunch, rather I was referring to the item from the thread heading, which is "bruch": apparently the German word for "fraction". A little joke on the misspelling of the word, but uh, thanks for making assumptions about my attitude and way of thinking based on where I work (PHX, not Tempe), that's always...constructive. :lol:

Just trying to lighten it up, I myself don't eat airline food. All apologies.

Piney,

Part of the travel experience is that someone has a cultural experience other than their own. In no ways defending or detracting the Brunch choice, but it is an American experience. I remember the first time I was in Asia. I went to the breakfast buffet and saw a wide variety of food and picked what appealed to me. There was a large salad bar and the Japanese were flocking to it, at 8am. The difference between offering brunch and me seeing a salad bar at 8am is probably the QUALITY of food being offered. As many have noted, US should not charge the going First Class fare and suffer up Third world food.

Piney,

Part of the travel experience is that someone has a cultural experience other than their own. In no ways defending or detracting the Brunch choice, but it is an American experience. I remember the first time I was in Asia. I went to the breakfast buffet and saw a wide variety of food and picked what appealed to me. There was a large salad bar and the Japanese were flocking to it, at 8am. The difference between offering brunch and me seeing a salad bar at 8am is probably the QUALITY of food being offered. As many have noted, US should not charge the going First Class fare and suffer up Third world food.

Interesting. You walked into a japanese restaurant, had the benefit of a buffet and picked what you wanted. If you didn't like what you saw you could've walked out. Our westbound passengers are certainly not offered a buffet, very rarely see anything truly appetizing on our brunch menu, and most definitely do not have the option of walking out. Like many others who post here, I work transatlantic, and although many of our european envoy passengers may be seeking an american experience, culinary or not, they're not looking to US or any other airline to provide it. They just want their money's worth or their miles worth. That goes for our american envoy passengers who may actually enjoy brunch. I've gotten too much drama from passengers over this ill-fated brunch idea. It can't disappear fast enough for me.

Don’t give Tempe any ideas! They’ll put pork burritos on the TLV flight.

LOL!!! This is actually one route where they could probably get away with serving brunch at any hour -- as long as it included some real NY bagels, good lox, noodle kugel......and herring!!! (With rugelach for dessert.) :lol:

Back