EOS 757s

But the other carriers' hubs are out of range to be able to successfully serve smaller markets with a 752, unless DL does some from JFK. But they have a large enough 767 fleet that it's probably not planned anytime soon.

Actually DL plans on running a substantial number of 757 TA out of JFK this summer but checking tonights schedule they operated 5 to the following destinations.
SNN, MAN, FRA, BRU, LGW. I would think JFK-FRA is pushing the range limit ?

Cheers

LGA777

We used to have 24F seats on the 757s at US prior to the AWA merger ourselves - and they were always full. But then Tempe started using the East 757s exclusively for low yield, high capacity runs and wanted to cram more seats into coach and make it a cattle car (which they certainly succeeded in doing), so FC was practically removed for the aircraft altogether. Not saying I agree with that decision, but that's Tempe's explanation for it.
Uh, that was "Our Friend Dave" that came up with the idea to put the 57's on FL and LAS and go from 24 to 8 seats in F class while taking out the 2R closet. Tempe has done some brainless things but this ain't one of them.

OMG, you guys only have 14F seats and 8F on the east side, I would tell everyone at UAL to brace, we have 24, and they are always full...
I thought I read somewhere that UA was reducing the F seats on the 757's to something like 16 or 18 and then increasing from 8 to 12 on the Airbus? Did that ever happen?

i think the first us carrier that flew the 757 between the states and europe was twa. from jfk-lis. someone correct me if i am wrong.
I think you're right, they used the 57 for JFK-LIS and JFK-BCN in the late 90's. Then after TW removed the 1011's from service they had ran STL-LAX-HNL westbound on the 57 then HNL-STL eastbound on the return. IIRC this was only done for a short time and it was in addition to the nonstops on the 767 and 747. Also I know that ATA did MDW-JFK-SNN and MDW-JFK-DUB scheduled service with the 757 back in 98 or 99.

I thought I read somewhere that UA was reducing the F seats on the 757's to something like 16 or 18 and then increasing from 8 to 12 on the Airbus? Did that ever happen?

In light of recent events I don't think the either is going forward. At the very least they should reconfigure the 319's to match the 320's considering the number of equipment swaps UA does on a daily basis.

Back