ETC USING APPLE'S SAFARI BROWSER

Expectorant

May 4, 2004
I need some input: I just bought a new Apple computer which uses Safari as its main browser; I find I am unable to log in to the ETC with it. I can get as far as my login and password, but cannot finish signing in with my travel card info.

Does anyone know whether this is always the case with the ETC? I bought the laptop so that I could access the ETC inside airports when I'm traveling, but what good is the laptop if I can't access the ETC??

You absolutely need Firefox. I have had my ibook for several years and the answer is always the same. "Sorry, we don't have enough MAC users in the company to worry about it. Have you tried Firefox.?"

I am using Safari right now w/ my MAC so it can be done...
The only problem w/ Mac is...
If you are a east crew member who uses FLICA....
it is very difficult to log on....
also you can not SAP using Apple...
So I still have to use my laptop....
I was told by the people at flica that there is no demand for them
to upgrade that no one uses MAC... So you need to start getting on FLICA...
We pay each month for the service... they should upgrade it!!

No. No. No. Lets keep telling everyone that Mac stinks and is really buggy, worse than any PC ever dreamed of being. Its a lie most people are eager to believe. :lol:

Did you download the newer Safari 4.0 beta? It addresses a lot more of the compatibility issues. But that aside, I find very, very, VERY few sites that Safari can't fully access. It sounds to me more like the developers of the ETC web site are too lazy to insure it stays current with code that 99.9% of every other web site uses to insure mass compatability.

Employee Travel Center
Thank you very much.

and, Expectorant, IM me if you need help. ETC should work just fine.

and, all those east employees using Firefox. Is anyone having trouble printing from Catcrew with Firefox/Camino (mostly resulting in a blank page)?

and, ggiby, the pilot SAP thing works fine on a Mac. The Java applet downloaded by your Mac browser that enables Catcrew access has a bug (among others) that only affects SAP on the F/A side. Both Flica and the company are well aware of the bug. My understanding is that Flica modified an open source (free) Telnet app without (apparently) realizing it was buggy. Go figure.

Flica needs to authorize a standalone app for Mac users. (How about iPhone Catcrew access?)

I have found that in organizations like flica, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Try Opera. www.opera.com - free, tabbed browsing, popup blocking, easy, fast, customizable - and works with 99% of all sites out there, even 'the hub' and ETC. Did I mention it was free?
Cheers

What error are you getting? Safari should work out the box with the ETC. Firefox is a good alternative.

On another note, Flica needs to get off their lazy butts and set up iPhone access. I try to call Flica at least once a week to express my displeasure.

A better solution would be to drop Flica all together and have Airways run the servers and allow us direct access. I know with the IT team we employ thats a mighty tall order but I do still dream!

If your number ends in 100 , try 200. (# back side of Emp ID / or Travel card) It could just be your #. I called ETC when I had this problem. That is their trick.

OG

I dumped WINDOWS last year~
best thing I did was get a IMAC..

I have no issues logging in the etC>>
Thumbs to Apple-
THUMBS DOWN to VINDOWS..sorry

Thanks for the response... but I tried to amend my Sap today... on my apple...
and cant do it.... I don't know ..... I will just get my Laptop out (Not an Apple)
and do it..
:rolleyes:

Oh... BTW I am an f/a....so you could be right....

quote name='ussnark' date='Apr 27 2009, 08:44 AM' post='682501']
Thank you very much.

and, Expectorant, IM me if you need help. ETC should work just fine.

and, all those east employees using Firefox. Is anyone having trouble printing from Catcrew with Firefox/Camino (mostly resulting in a blank page)?

and, ggiby, the pilot SAP thing works fine on a Mac. The Java applet downloaded by your Mac browser that enables Catcrew access has a bug (among others) that only affects SAP on the F/A side. Both Flica and the company are well aware of the bug. My understanding is that Flica modified an open source (free) Telnet app without (apparently) realizing it was buggy. Go figure.

Flica needs to authorize a standalone app for Mac users. (How about iPhone Catcrew access?)

I have found that in organizations like flica, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
[/quote]

Back