ETC USING APPLE'S SAFARI BROWSER

I use Safari as a backup. If a site won't open with Firefox, I just use Safari. My personal opinion is Firefox is a better browser and is much more flexible when you use the numerous addons. The all in one sidebar is the most convenient addon I have ever used. But all things considered, it's a Mac and regardless which browser you use, it's infinitely better then Windows and that piece of junk they call Vista. Oh, for you PC fans out there, a good friend of mine is a systems instructor for MS. He told me Windows 7 is worse then Vista. Go Mac!!!

Oh... BTW I am an f/a....so you could be right....
Sorry to be sorta direct, but, I really don't care if you think I am right or not. My purpose is not to convince you of anything.

I put the information out there for you. Any reasonable person would then follow up to verify and/or even provide corrections and new directions, which is what I hope. Call flica and put pressure on them, directly. Flica takes quite a revenue stream from US and needs to treat all of us the same.

Hope I didn't offend you. It is not about you but about what you can or will do. :D

Sorry to be sorta direct, but, I really don't care if you think I am right or not. My purpose is not to convince you of anything.

I put the information out there for you. Any reasonable person would then follow up to verify and/or even provide corrections and new directions, which is what I hope. Call flica and put pressure on them, directly. Flica takes quite a revenue stream from US and needs to treat all of us the same.

Hope I didn't offend you. It is not about you but about what you can or will do. :D
I ALREADY told you.... FLICA does not care about MAC..... Months ago they told me that
there is no demand for them to upgrade there system to work with Macs...
So you are behind the eight ball telling me to call and complain...
you are pretty much a big headed Pilot... the kind that everyone dreads working with..
:down:

Months ago they told me that there is no demand for them to upgrade there system to work with Macs...
Months ago is a long time when it comes to items like software/computers. and so, my request that you help create a "demand" was, um, wrong? Is that not anti-capitalist, refusing to interact and cause change to better your environment?

Don't beat up on Gibby, it's very very frustrating to be dismissed out of hand by a vendor you rely on to do your job effectively.
My abject apologies to Gibby if he thought that way. It was him who said "flica" stated there was no "demand". I simply suggested (I hope) that perhaps he (we) should create a demand. I hope I simply said, hey, here is a different way of looking at things. Maybe we can get something done.

I concur about the overwhelming lack of "apple" knowledge out there. Most IT managers cut their teeth on Unix and, if they tried, would find themselves right at home on a Mac. However, I have found that there is a ton of money to be made "managing" a Microsoft product so I understand someone's reluctance to try something else. It embarrassed me to charge Windows users just to sit there doing a system re-install, as per Microsoft.

laptop uptime: 139 days 13 hours 34 minutes. and now I am looking at a system update which will force a restart and ruin my stats. again. sigh.

My abject apologies to Gibby if he thought that way. It was him who said "flica" stated there was no "demand". I simply suggested (I hope) that perhaps he (we) should create a demand. I hope I simply said, hey, here is a different way of looking at things. Maybe we can get something done.

I concur about the overwhelming lack of "apple" knowledge out there. Most IT managers cut their teeth on Unix and, if they tried, would find themselves right at home on a Mac. However, I have found that there is a ton of money to be made "managing" a Microsoft product so I understand someone's reluctance to try something else. It embarrassed me to charge Windows users just to sit there doing a system re-install, as per Microsoft.

laptop uptime: 139 days 13 hours 34 minutes. and now I am looking at a system update which will force a restart and ruin my stats. again. sigh.

Why are you doing a system re-install? I've had my Mac up and running for over 2 years and I have never a any problems that were not operator induced. Even with my "tweeking", The most I have had to do was re-install Firefox or Google toolbar. Small stuff for sure. If you have application problems, just run the applications disc and it will repair any app problem. I can't imagine having to re-install OS X 10.5.6.

Why are you doing a system re-install? I've had my Mac up and running for over 2 years and I have never a any problems that were not operator induced. Even with my "tweeking", The most I have had to do was re-install Firefox or Google toolbar. Small stuff for sure. If you have application problems, just run the applications disc and it will repair any app problem. I can't imagine having to re-install OS X 10.5.6.
OK, sorry to reply, but, whenever there is a system update, there is a restart, which resets your uptime. All those who depend on me for help, including those on windoze machines, know about what I say. I love that my laptop can go for months without a restart. But, a system upgrade will demand a restart, resetting the clock on uptime. (For Mac users, launch Terminal in Utilities and type "uptime" to see how long your computer has been "on the clock". It reinitializes every time you restart.)

It is like Kirby going to an ATA meeting for bragging rights to extracting concessions from union groups. Means nothing except for ego.

Back