EU to Clear AA-US Merger

There goes the Philly base...

This is the first indicator that PHL is OUT after the merger... This will be one station, just like PHX, that will be axed in the long term.

Mark my words on this...

It doesn't even make sense that the EU is picking on US/PHL, ... PHL didn't make sense being right next to JFK, I suppose.
"I suppose" this doesn't make much sense. Laughable.

There goes the Philly base...

This is the first indicator that PHL is OUT after the merger... This will be one station, just like PHX, that will be axed in the long term.

Mark my words on this...

It doesn't even make sense that the EU is picking on US/PHL, when there's so much more to pick on, and as BA flies most flights and AA doesn't fly any. Not sure what they're getting at, considering that it is just codeshare/JV with BA. But if that is reason enough, oh well... PHL didn't make sense being right next to JFK, I suppose.
Can you please put the crack pipe down ? Geez! PHL isn't going anywhere . You on the other hand need to go somewhere with your assertion . I have a few ideas where ..

Latest on EU approval:

http://blogs.barrons.com/stockstowatchtoday/2013/08/05/eu-oks-u-s-airways-american-merger-with-london-philadelphia-changes/

Shares of U.S. Airways (LCC) and American Airlines parent company AMR (AAMRQ) were climbing on news that the European Commission has cleared their $11 billion merger—with conditions...

...To compensate for the issue, the commission is requiring the release of one daily slot pair at London Heathrow airport, along with other commitments to promote competition on the London-Philadelphia route, as part of its blessing on the deal.along with other commitments to promote competition on the London-Philadelphia route, as part of its blessing on the deal.

I wonder what other carriers might want the route? Without feed at either end, no one I can think of.

Back