Europe service back to PIT ?

I bet the leadership of the teamsters local in PHX is beside themselves over Al Crellins comments to the Pittsburgh media.

I have heard that the IAM agreement stays in effect thru 2009 no matter which way a vote may go, but this comment had to have blown some sand into their britches.
:D

linemech.

No need to tell Curt about interest in previous employers.

He is so happy he left he can't leave.
Eat your Heart out Doggy Boy

At least I'm not taking pills, like some of my Ex co-workers must. It truly was a trauma, no way around it.

CU in the Next Life, if you make it that far, until then, give my love to the IAM :down:

I get a check every month because of them, and don't work there :p

Sounds to me like no matter which union wins the co. plans on sending more work out the door. And don't preach about scope! We had that with the Airbus and look how long it went before we started doing that work in-house? Nothing to stop them from sending it out claim US/West not covered under that agreement send it to the judges, arbitraitors, get checks done then say okay you win. Millions wasted, union agrees to forgo any grievance money and still no jobs added? Seen this game played out before!

Sounds to me like no matter which union wins the co. plans on sending more work out the door. And don't preach about scope! We had that with the Airbus and look how long it went before we started doing that work in-house? Nothing to stop them from sending it out claim US/West not covered under that agreement send it to the judges, arbitraitors, get checks done then say okay you win. Millions wasted, union agrees to forgo any grievance money and still no jobs added? Seen this game played out before!

If it wasn't for unions (IAM) I wouldn't be receiving a retirement check monthly, that's a fact. But looking at everything else they accomplish, it's shameful. Like the poor soul with more time than myself but younger and under 50 out the door receiving zero. I lucked out, many didn't. Other than the retirement, what does the IAM or any union get one these days? Not much, or am I misinformed and confused?

I know what I read, have been reading and am not in a coma, and have been told numerous times that what I and others have read regarding the IAM contract is not the real contract so.........the questions.

Statement brought from a previous post:
It would be GREAT to see all maintenance brought back in house with the new airline.

No harm or misintent intended.
Wishful Thinking

I liked the quote about PIT becoming profitable or they will shrink it--that's been the motto for the entire airline (and apparently continues to be so).

US is going to have a hard time making PIT (or any other city where it faces WN competition) profitable--the nonlabor costs are still too high.

Why is it that PIT is always singled out by upper management?
We heard it from Siegel and now from America West management.
The truth is, no matter how they try to trump up PHL, we all know the sad truth. Many, many ex-PIT workers see it every day and not one will tell you it's going to get any better no matter how much equipment/money/employees they throw at it.
When are they going to start to talk about just how much it costs to deliver those thousands of bags every week, or just how much fuel is burned on the taxi ways waiting for gates and takeoffs (even with 1 engine running).
When will they figure the cost of all the flying public that just won't fly US anymore because of PHL. I for one know at least 15 people myself and I'm sure everyone else can name a few themselve's.
Then there is the DOT's report on delays and customer complaints. PHL is at the bottom of the first every month and I'm sure that the majority of the second is caused by PHL.
So let's face it, until we get a smart enough management team to run our airline correctly, things just won't get any better, and that affects all of us East and West.

Attachments

• santa_santa_flute.jpg
    santa_santa_flute.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 89
They have no intention of bring Europe service back to PIT, they're just blowing smoke to look good in the paper. Sadly, the PIT people will now all get their hopes back up; at least the old US told it how it was.
I totally agree with you. If the service was not profitable before, why would it work now?

Hmmm,

Read this Full Story...and then ask yourself why none of the Pro-IBT folks have commented ? :rolleyes:

This story relates to PIT...but the story will un-fold in an alike manner in CLT too. The contract does not know geographic boundaries ( Hint Hint)

If you read the story...A vote for the IBT is a vote for the company..not for the companies employee's
Keep in mind IBT'ers...senority will still rule the day regardless of whom is representing us? :p
HE HE HE

As for Crellin's comments regaring the IBT/IAM debate. Ponder this as the companies goal. If they create enough confusion and no one gets 50+ 1 percent then you're a union free shop and US is free to outsource.

50+1 percent of what? If I read things correctly they need OVER 50 % of the total membership to VOTE. The winner of the vote will be who a majority of the members vote for. They don't have to have over 50% of the votes, just a majority of the votes. Am I not reading things correctly?

As for Crellin's comments regaring the IBT/IAM debate. Ponder this as the companies goal. If they create enough confusion and no one gets 50+ 1 percent then you're a union free shop and US is free to outsource. Suppose it plays out that way and everyone who isn't furloughed gets a raise and some productivity incentives put in the new NON-Union pay plan. Who among those left will fill out a union card? That IMO is the companies goal.

West management pulled this trick very successfully before the IBT finally cracked into the customer service groups. Be forewarned mechanics. You're all too smart and skilled to let that happen.

50+1 percent of what? If I read things correctly they need OVER 50 % of the total membership to VOTE. The winner of the vote will be who a majority of the members vote for. They don't have to have over 50% of the votes, just a majority of the votes. Am I not reading things correctly?

The way an election works under the NMB is that you have to have at least 50% of the total mambership (including all furloughed members with recall, which at us fleet service is 4 years) vote and then you have to have at least one more vote to tip the scale. Then if you can get through that hurdle the union with the most votes out of the total number voting wins.
So to simplify this before the election even goes off the company already has 50% of the votes, so let's say America West has 1500 fleet workers and US 2500, that's a total of 4000. Now lets say US has 3000 members on furlough with recall.The company only needs to give the furloughed members last known address and all of these ex-members with recall come back at $9.00 an hour, so how many do you think will even care or just vote NO UNION just for spite. That now brings the total number of eligible voters up to 7000.
Now you will need 3500 + 1 just to vote for one of the unions to even keep from being DE-Certified.
So as you can see with only 4000 active members, chances are at least 500 won't even vote, which is a vote for NO-UNION and that will be it, we all lost.
If you don't think it can happen, just go back and do the research on the US-Piedmont election when we lost the Teamsters union and were DE-CERTIFIED.
Basically the election is already set in the companies favor and the chances of actually winning are very slim. So any of you who are thinking we need to give both unions a chance better think twice. Don't think Doug Parker won't be ruthless once we are DE-CERTIFIED. We at US Airways who went through all of this can show you all of the company propaganda that was given to us by the company.Things like, Key cains with quarters in them and a phone number to call guarenteeing they would not take anything off of us or cut our pay, vhs tapes teeling us to trust them, mailings weekly. But in the end it only took about 8 weeks after DE-Certification and what we had left of our contract was about nothing.
They took money, jobs(express work was in our scope) our holidays, and I mean all of them we got no holiday pay for almost 10 years(until we voted the IAM in) vacation time.
By the time they were done there wasn't much left.
So any of you who think we should re-vote to be fair better think again, we all at US Airways know first hand what will happen.

Attachments

• jnmov_jn_ext_shrinkray_thumb.jpg
    jnmov_jn_ext_shrinkray_thumb.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 81

Latest posts

Back