Executive pay issue spurs reaction

quote]Upper management gets paid so well because upper management sets the rates. Its as simple as that. Those setting the rates have an interest in inflating the rates. There is no shortage of MBAs in this country. There are probably more MBAs than A&Ps. With thousands of MBAs working at Dennys you cant say there is a shortage of MBAS but rather a shortage of jobs for MBAs. Despite that compensation for excecutives over the last twenty years has soared. My guess is you would find more MBAS working minimum wage jobs than A&PS[/quote]

MBA's starting salary

Are you out of your mind? Denny's?

Do you actually believe what you are saying? Do you have any justifiable evidence to prove that getting an A&P actually has a higher return on investment than an MBA?

quote]Upper management gets paid so well because upper management sets the rates. Its as simple as that. Those setting the rates have an interest in inflating the rates. There is no shortage of MBAs in this country. There are probably more MBAs than A&Ps. With thousands of MBAs working at Dennys you cant say there is a shortage of MBAS but rather a shortage of jobs for MBAs. Despite that compensation for excecutives over the last twenty years has soared. My guess is you would find more MBAS working minimum wage jobs than A&PS

MBA's starting salary

Are you out of your mind? Denny's?

Do you actually believe what you are saying? Do you have any justifiable evidence to prove that getting an A&P actually has a higher return on investment than an MBA?

More than 100,000 MBA degrees are awarded each year in the USA alone.

I stand by what I said, for the few who get hired at high wages there are many that dont. In one year they turn out more MBAs than the entire US Airline industry has in A&Ps, a workforce that spans from 1942 to the present. Its like the lottery, some hit it big, many dont.

So if 10,000 MBAs got hired at $120k but the rest couldnt find work as an MBA then where do you think they are? What would their ROI be?

Years back at a union meeting mechanics were bringing up Liscence pay and how they felt they should get bigger raises because of their liscences, the chairman of the meeting was a baggage handler who had an MBA and said we had a lot of nerve, that he should be paid more than us because of his education. The mechanics asked him if he needed an MBA to throw bags. From there it got ugly.

Many of the MBA students I encounter are already gainfully employed and are getting the degree on their employers' dimes after work.

Similarly, roughly 45k new lawyers are minted each year (not counting the non-ABA-accredited California law school diploma mills) and the average starting wage for them is about $45k; some get hired by the big city firms for $160k+ and some get hired as assistant DAs and public defenders for $30k. Typical starting salary for law firms is now about $90k or so.

What's ironic is that the same people who don't want the responsibility are the first ones to start criticizing how ineffective management is.

Management is not an opton for an AMT with 10 or more years. Like I said I have seen more supervisors and managers get fired in 3 years here in MIA then any other place in the industry. So who in thier right mind would take the job. That is the problem with management if you take any initiative to get something done you loose your job for it. AA is Micro management at its finest. If you need something done it has to get approved by the station manager for fear of repercussions.That isnt responsibility thats passing the buck and avoiding conflict. Works great nothing gets done and nothing changes.