Express (Mesa) Early Departures

Status
Not open for further replies.

YVINTERN

Veteran
Jun 28, 2007
The Potomac
Visit site
Express Carriers need to be accountable for stranding passengers...Seriously this Mesa flight FAT-LAS Sunday Night left the damn Gate 20 Minutes EARLY and I missed my flight...I'm not complaining but some other customers were re-accommodated...how much does this cost US because of Mesa's stupidity...I used to be Pro Mesa but after this bull last night...Mesa can go to the graveyard.

AND YVIntern, flights can push early if all *revenue* passengers are checked -in and ready to board. Boarding for a CRJ 900 starts 25-30 minutes prior to departure and can push as soon as the last revenue pax is on board and seated. It is frustrating as a non-rev, but its happened to me on Colgan, Trans States, and even American Eagle. But I am questioning your Mesa flight leaving early :p

ARE YOU CALLING ME A LIAR?

Check the F**cking Stats and yes I was F**cking screwed by our old company...irony of that eh ;) We aren't Mesa anymore and they still find ways to screw us over.

Take a look here
http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus...ightNumber=2984

Show's it departed 17 minutes early...which is bull because I was at the Gate 20 Mins before...I even waved to the Captain and I saw him look at the FO and laugh as they pushed back...typical assh*les.

Take a look here
http://www.flightstats.com/go/FlightStatus...ightNumber=2984

Show's it departed 17 minutes early...which is bull because I was at the Gate 20 Mins before...I even waved to the Captain and I saw him look at the FO and laugh as they pushed back...typical assh*les.

then your beef should have been at the Station manager or supervisor on duty - they are the only 2 individuals that can push a flight early if all passengers are accounted for. Pilots can't arbitrarily decide to leave early. There is a procedure in place to do this.

If it was leaving early, we are required to make numerous announcements & update FIDS to show the early departure time.

then your beef should have been at the Station manager or supervisor on duty - they are the only 2 individuals that can push a flight early if all passengers are accounted for. Pilots can't arbitrarily decide to leave early. There is a procedure in place to do this.

If it was leaving early, we are required to make numerous announcements & update FIDS to show the early departure time.

Yeah...the #### supervisor was working the Gate and he quote "Captain wanted to leave early...you were NOT checked in"...I'm like Yes I was...being detained by the Tub Stacking Administration...Unbelievable...

I have half a mind to call US Mainline about leaving a Mainline nonrev behind but Mesa has enough of it's problems...hell they won't be around when I turn 21 in Vegas. And it doesn't matter because I'm just a lowly nonrev not a paying customer so I can't really complain about this.

Yeah...the #### supervisor was working the Gate and he quote "Captain wanted to leave early...you were NOT checked in"...I'm like Yes I was...being detained by the Tub Stacking Administration...Unbelievable...

YV,

Just out of curiosity, what time was the scheduled departure?

The reason I'm asking is, most of the regional airlines schedule their crews for minimum overnights (eight hours block-in to pushback). That might factor into a crew wanting to go early, to get a couple of extra minutes of sleep (or whatever else they had planned for the RON, like an au naturel romp in the woods).

This is even more magnified if a flight is late. I've seen many connecting pax stranded in PIT when a west coast flight arrives late, and the last bank of RJ flights has already departed in order to be able to depart from the spoke the next morning on time after a minimum overnight.

Were all the revenue pax checked in on your flight, or did they leave some of them behind, too?

YV,

Just out of curiosity, what time was the scheduled departure?

The reason I'm asking is, most of the regional airlines schedule their crews for minimum overnights (eight hours block-in to pushback). That might factor into a crew wanting to go early, to get a couple of extra minutes of sleep (or whatever else they had planned for the RON, like an au naturel romp in the woods).

This is even more magnified if a flight is late. I've seen many connecting pax stranded in PIT when a west coast flight arrives late, and the last bank of RJ flights has already departed in order to be able to depart from the spoke the next morning on time after a minimum overnight.

Were all the revenue pax checked in on your flight, or did they leave some of them behind, too?

10:07P Scheduled Departure, They pushed at 09:50P...This was at an outstation so the Crew in question would have had one more flight to fly after FAT-LAS anyhow I used to do Crew Scheduling at Mesa and I know for a FACT they do not just finish their day after that segment. This was at an OUTSTATION.

Any time you cut it close a non-rev you're playing with fire, regardless of the cause. If you aren't at the gate before the scheduled boarding time, you run the risk of being left behind.

For what it's worth, I've never had a mesa flight leave on time, let alone early.

Any time you cut it close a non-rev you're playing with fire, regardless of the cause. If you aren't at the gate before the scheduled boarding time, you run the risk of being left behind.

For what it's worth, I've never had a mesa flight leave on time, let alone early.

I agree with Cynic - I have been nonreving for 15 years (on NW and DL) and I have never been left behind because the flt left early. I have been pulld for weight critical, bumped for crew, etc. but I am always at the gate 40 min early. If they are like other carriers, the station gets a black mark for station caused flt delays but they can offset it with "make up time" for turning a flt and getting it out early. If all the paying pax were on, the crew wanted to leave early and the sup. wanted make up time then I think you were SOL for not being at the gate early.....

I can't wait to see US's response to a nonrev complaining that they were left behind because the plane left early...

Sorry, but a lot of us here, including me, were nonrevving before you were even a passing hormonal thought between your parents...

First rule of nonrevving, regardless of the carrier, has pretty much always been be at the gate 30 minutes prior to departure. Arriving any later than that is placing your fate in the hands of the gate agent.

It's not like FAT is known for huge security backups or 20 minute walks from the curb to the gate... my ancient and uneducated guess is you cut the time too close, and got burned.

hey since im going to leave 20 mins early i would like blue cheese on my salad prior to take off. thanks much

Sorry, but a lot of us here, including me, were nonrevving before you were even a passing hormonal thought between your parents...

First rule of nonrevving, regardless of the carrier, has pretty much always been be at the gate 30 minutes prior to departure. Arriving any later than that is placing your fate in the hands of the gate agent.

It's not like FAT is known for huge security backups or 20 minute walks from the curb to the gate... my ancient and uneducated guess is you cut the time too close, and got burned.

Eric and I certainly remember a time when all AA kickoff flights routinely pushed 10 minutes early -- more if all the passengers and bags were on board. Of course, at that time, the FA's were counting the meals to make sure that there were enough to serve a hot breakfast to all the Y pax!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.