Extension of CARES act less likely

V.O. Reason

Veteran
May 3, 2019
Well as we all know the wheels of government turn very slowly and now it’s stuck in the mud of partisanship.
I believe the fact nothing has moved forward is because that’s just what they want a slowed economy to harm Trumps re-election.
Now with that said the senate has put forward a smaller bill but it does not include an extension of airline payroll protection.
So much like our union despite many in Congress being for this extension they just lie to us and meanwhile many will be harmed short and long term due to this inaction by those so called leaders.
And like him or not Trump is right drain the damn swamp of all these do nothings in congress

i haven't seen anything about the govt. and/or congress giving up on the airlines. i read this the other day:

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin believes the U.S economy does need another financial stimulus to help during the coronavirus pandemic, but he did not offer a new proposal during a hearing before the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Crisis on Sept. 1. Instead, Mnuchin has followed the Republican line that backs a slimmer stimulus package, which could include targeted relief for businesses like airlines and almost no student loan assistance. Democrats have refused to consider a small package and instead support a large, comprehensive stimulus relief bill.

yes...no clean bill, but i believe it's all gamesmanship for each party adding 'goodies' to the bill.

texas senator cornyn said today that he's ready to add the airlines to the senate's purposely watered-down bill. you get this and we get that.

all this, because i believe that trump doesn't want to sign an executive order to continue the airline aid - he'd prefer that in the bill.

White House officials have discussed efforts to unilaterally provide support for the flagging airline industry while also bolstering unemployment benefits, according to two people aware of the deliberations who spoke on the condition of anonymity to share internal policy discussions.

yes...no clean bill, but i believe it's all gamesmanship for each party adding 'goodies' to the bill.

texas senator cornyn said today that he's ready to add the airlines to the senate's purposely watered-down bill. you get this and we get that.

all this, because i believe that trump doesn't want to sign an executive order to continue the airline aid - he'd prefer that in the bill.

I hope your right but these jerks in congress need to stop playing these games as people out here are hurting and concerned about our futures.
It’s what ticks me off about them and unions as well.
Yes I will add corporate America as well

Don't blame Congress. Start looking at governors who are still implementing emergency orders shutting down the economy... People **WANT** to be able to travel but they're not going anywhere if restaurants, beaches, theme parks and museums aren't fully open.

Harsh reality check: the only provision anyone in Congress cared about was the unemployment supplement, which Trump partially dealt with by executive order. The people hurting from prior job loss are still getting help, so there's no real sense of urgency to "do something" by 9/30.

There's also signs that any continuing resolution to avoid a government shutdown will be be decoupled from COVID relief, so even that (the need to fund government beyond 9/30) won't force action before layoffs happen.

Well as we all know the wheels of government turn very slowly and now it’s stuck in the mud of partisanship.
I believe the fact nothing has moved forward is because that’s just what they want a slowed economy to harm Trumps re-election.
Now with that said the senate has put forward a smaller bill but it does not include an extension of airline payroll protection.
So much like our union despite many in Congress being for this extension they just lie to us and meanwhile many will be harmed short and long term due to this inaction by those so called leaders.
And like him or not Trump is right drain the damn swamp of all these do nothings in congress

" V O ".

Drain the Swamp in Congress ?

GOOD !

START With the GOP SENATE (Example, TX Sen. CORNHOLE ) !

Huh. Unfortunately data disagrees with Bears.

The average time in office among current Democratic members of the House of Representatives is 9.7 years, well above the average Republican tenure of 7.8 years.

In the Senate, Democrats on average have 10.5 years of experience in their current roles, ahead of the GOP average of 9.5 years.

Start kicking out those long-term career Reps and Senators on your side and you'll have room to talk about the other side of the aisle.

Yes the Dems are purposely trying to continue the kill on the economy and falsely blame the Pres. as that is all they have to use. China purposely hidden the virus release into the public, therefore it is not Trumps fault.
If the Dems don't pull their heads out and extend the assistance they will all get replaced when the time comes. It will be a career killer for them if they do not help with the PPP extension. And your right they need to stop playing the games when so many peoples lives are being affected.

Well, Dems unanimously voted NO on a skinny bill that took care of the most important pieces --- PPP funding and unemployment plus money for schools.

That wasn't enough pork for them. Sounds like they want to bail out NYC and Chicago, who were failing long before COVID hit.

Well, Dems unanimously voted NO on a skinny bill that took care of the most important pieces --- PPP funding and unemployment plus money for schools.

That wasn't enough pork for them. Sounds like they want to bail out NYC and Chicago, who were failing long before COVID hit.

You ARE a FOOL, eolesen. You REALLY think Democrat US Senators want to hurt AA In MA/CT/RI/NY/NJ/PA(philly) DCA(VA), ORD,LAX/SFO ? Think John CORNHOLE wants to hurt DFW (Problem there his R - Cheap Bas- Tards Pals wont budge and inch, same for CLT ??

Is THIS what you really Think ??????????????

Here's a Thought.
Maybe Warren Buffet should by up AA, Just like he did the BNSF Railroad, Then AA wouldn't give a Crap WHAT DL/WN or UA does !!

I hope your right but these jerks in congress need to stop playing these games as people out here are hurting and concerned about our futures.
It’s what ticks me off about them and unions as well.
Yes I will add corporate America as well

well, the way that this is playing out for the airlines..

the airlines want 2 things:
- money
- ability to lay off

in my opinion, they can't have both, if money is approved before oct. 1. you don't think the airlines have casually mentioned this to their friends in congress?

it wouldn't shock me at all to see the airlines get an extension after oct. 1.

to see some of the comments by a few senators (scott of fla. and toomey of pa) is really disappointing, when all the airlines' hideously low revenues are due to various forms of the govt., from local levels to the federal level - all discouraging travel, hence the untenable level of revenues and the quick roadmap to multiple BKs.

trump said it the best, "it's not the airlines' fault". well, looks like he'll personally have the opportunity to act in that way - after oct. 1.

if he does so, then the airlines get everything they wanted. ability to layoff and money.

You ARE a FOOL, eolesen. You REALLY think Democrat US Senators want to hurt AA In MA/CT/RI/NY/NJ/PA(philly) DCA(VA), ORD,LAX/SFO ? Think John CORNHOLE wants to hurt DFW (Problem there his R - Cheap Bas- Tards Pals wont budge and inch, same for CLT ??

Is THIS what you really Think ??????????????

Here's a Thought.
Maybe Warren Buffet should by up AA, Just like he did the BNSF Railroad, Then AA wouldn't give a Crap WHAT DL/WN or UA does !!

You’re a fool if you think the 250,000 employees in the airline industry have any sort of influence on national elections.

All totaled, it will be less than 50,000 laid off across all carriers, but that’s a rounding error when you divide it out by the states impacted.

" V O ".

Drain the Swamp in Congress ?

GOOD !

START With the GOP SENATE (Example, TX Sen. CORNHOLE ) !

Does not matter who is in and who wants in, they are ALL the same. Look over the past decades, both parties had many turns at the wheel and all were promising change. They all were right, but all the change has been for the worse. Increased violence, hatred, declining morals, etc. Most always hope that this time will be different, but it reminds me of the kiddie rides at the amusement parks. The little fire engines that go around in circles and the tots keep turning the steering wheels but the ride just keeps going around and around. Someone once said to me he did not have confidence in both candidates running for office and said he had to pick the lesser of two evils. I said you are still choosing evil.
I remember Ike so that tells you a bit about my age and I have seen conditions worsening over the decades, never getting better, but a term called gradualism applies here. When conditions decline, it's always in incremental amounts and that tends to go unnoticed and what was once shocking is now commonplace.
Imagine being in coma for 30-40 years and awaking and trying to assimilate what changes have occurred during those 30-40 years. It would be a shock to that person, but for all who have lived through these years, it's, oh well, that's life.

Eric.

Inquiring minds are CURIOUS.

Which Brand do you prefer, to fashion UR " TIN - HAT ' out of ?

Reynolds, or Alcoa ??

Latest posts