F/a Sick List

IORFA

Veteran
Feb 7, 2003
Just saw that the F/A sick list is over 1400 on the 18th of DEC. I have been keeping track of it off and on and just last week or so, it was just over 1000. Seems like the "bug" has arrived.

IORFA said:
Just saw that the F/A sick list is over 1400 on the 18th of DEC. I have been keeping track of it off and on and just last week or so, it was just over 1000. Seems like the "bug" has arrived.
[post="229994"][/post]​
I owuld like to thank all the irresponsible flight attendants that call in sick year after year and make the Christmas hard to bear for all of us that show respect to our other co workers and the flying public and show up to work.

If it was not for the sick calls year after year I may be afraid of job security

IORFA said:
[post="229994"][/post]​
IORFA,

you state the bug has arrived like it is something to be proud of. Just curious is the holiday bug something you hold with great pride. To see your fellow flight attendants suffer on two day trips turning into 3 day trips 3-4 4-5 and so on and so on. If it is not something you are proud of maybe you could use a little of your seniority and expierence and pass the good word. All the bug does is punish the flight attendants that do not call in sick.

operaations said:
IORFA,

you state the bug has arrived like it is something to be proud of. Just curious is the holiday bug something you hold with great pride. To see your fellow flight attendants suffer on two day trips turning into 3 day trips 3-4 4-5 and so on and so on. If it is not something you are proud of maybe you could use a little of your seniority and expierence and pass the good word. All the bug does is punish the flight attendants that do not call in sick.
[post="230075"][/post]​

How is flying more flights and earning MORE MONEY being punished?Did you not become F/A's because you wanted to travel?Look at the positive,the F/A's that call in sick give the remaining F/A's more travel and the chance to earn more money at Christmas time.[can you say Christmas bonus?]

It's the 19th of Dec. and there are 1479 on the sick list. Option II seems to be open around the system as well. Happy Holidays!!!

"How is flying more flights and earning MORE MONEY being punished"?

Well, there are those that were hoping to be home fpor Christmas and had planned accordingly, heck they may even have held it off, however, now they may be faced with having to work, since the flights have to be covered.

Dizel8 said:
"How is flying more flights and earning MORE MONEY being punished"?

Well, there are those that were hoping to be home fpor Christmas and had planned accordingly, heck they may even have held it off, however, now they may be faced with having to work, since the flights have to be covered.
[post="230138"][/post]​

DFW gave PVDs for todays operation so it can't be all doom and gloom. Domestic seems to be doing ok, INTL must be where the sick calls are coming from.

s80dude said:
Domestic seems to be doing ok, INTL must be where the sick calls are coming from.
[post="230146"][/post]​

You hit the nail right on the head. Domestic is holding it's own for now. The same cannot be said about international. Throw in additional open time by way of intl charters between xmas and new years, coupled with a much higher sick percentage by intl f/a's, and you've got yourself a cluster sandwich.

Hopefully we can keep the pax impact to a minimum.

operaations said:
I owuld like to thank all the irresponsible flight attendants that call in sick year after year and make the Christmas hard to bear for all of us that show respect to our other co workers and the flying public and show up to work.

If it was not for the sick calls year after year I may be afraid of job security
[post="230072"][/post]​

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
operations,
"GIVE US A FRIGGIN" BREAK, WILL YA".

Every year at this time you march out that OLD tired BULL#### sing song sarcastic rhetoric against F/a's using a COMPANY agreed upon benifit (with APFA), sick time..
When you get your medical degree, then you can start giving MANDATORY physicals to F/A's that use their sick time. "Oh forgive me, I forgot that NO ONE can mandatorily examine a F/a if they produce a valid DR's note for an absense. ("something about ORGANIZED labor") !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND,

As far as a F/A who gets assigned another trip, before being allowed to go home to get clean undies, well should THEY take ILL, simply refuse the trip, because of sickness, and immediately head for their doctor, so they can get an unfit -to-fly note, due to being sick !! (Which by the way, AA indirectly pays for the DR. note)

When will you EVER learn that that "TEXAS, MORALITY, Holy-er-than -thou" attitude WILL NOT FLY !!!

To put it mildly, if a F/A CAREFULLY use's her/his sick time wisely, avoiding AA's half a$$ "abuse of sick time traps", then their sicktime becomes an unofficial PERK.

Do you think PERKS are unfair ? Might YOU like to taste a PERK or two ??

THAN VOTE IN A UNION !!!!!!!!!!!

Remember that old AMEX commercial, "Membership HAS it's privilages", well the same goes for the high seniority F/A's flyin' large INTL "iron"
"SENIORITY HAS IT'S PRIVILEGES" !!!

NH/BB's

ps,
AA medical should have seen to it, that it had amply flu-shots available for all customer contact employees !!!!!!!!!!!!!

MERRY (cough) Christmas !!!!!!!!!!!!!

i can see how people are getting sick. i just flew a reserve two day trip that started with one leg to sju. scheduled layover was 10hrs. well you know when an airbus is involved nothing goes right. well we finally got out over 2 hours late so our layover was 8.06. the next day was just horrible. sju to bos. WITH A 50 MIN SIT TIME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! of course we were also about an hour late getting there. then we finally left to go to miami. on that bos-miami leg on that damn airbus we sold over 400 dollars worth of liquor. and then they got pissed because we ran out. then we got to miami and our gate was occupied (of course). we were scheduled for a 56 minute sit time there, then one leg back to ny were we ended up being about 2 hours late. who schedules these damn things? you can't clean cater and fuel a A300 in 50 minutes. on top of that all 7 of the flight attendants had to split 2 salads on one leg because the agents would not let us get food. so we went with a 14 hour duty day with only a part of a salad. yet the cockpit ate almost every leg. by the time we were going back to ny, half of us couldn't stay awake. no wonder 5 of us were reserves. it was the worst trip i've ever worked. thanks crew scheduling or planning or whomever makes this crap up.

It's the 20th of DEC. and today's total is 1524. Option II is open at IOR and I am sure some of the other INTL bases as well. Even the Foreign Nationals are sick. Last week only 8 were out, today, it is 16. Not a lot, but a big % increase.

IORFA said:
It's the 20th of DEC. and today's total is 1524. Option II is open at IOR and I am sure some of the other INTL bases as well. Even the Foreign Nationals are sick. Last week only 8 were out, today, it is 16. Not a lot, but a big % increase.
[post="230260"][/post]​

SLT RSVs have been sitting like champs. A few have been called out but nothing major yet. Two in my crashpad sat RDY for 5 or 6 days without even pulling S/B.

The AVBLs and M/Us are trying to max out. Not sure what's going on at INTL...preparing for retirement?

Not too many R/A stories here and we're a back-up RSV pool to ORD and DFW.

Coop

SLT

I'm on rsv this month at STL. So, far I've had 2 trips-- a 2-day and a 3-day. And, I've sat standby 1 time. Of course, I am good for the last 6 days of the month. :shock: :lol:

jimntx said:
I'm on rsv this month at STL. So, far I've had 2 trips-- a 2-day and a 3-day. And, I've sat standby 1 time. Of course, I am good for the last 6 days of the month. :shock: :lol:
[post="230355"][/post]​
I think the problem is at all the international bases. Domestic has been actually granting PVD'S and releases . Happy Holidays

Back