F/A TA comes out in Drips

I know you have an idea of what else is in the t/a and probably unable to disclose what you know. I would never ask you to breach confidentiality but is their anything else you can post? All I have seen is the loss of vacation.

As a former F/A I was always surprised at the benefits of such a job. It is a gravy job, there really should be no benefits as it is a thinkless career.

marco,

If you found being a flight attendant a "thinkless career" you either were not a good flight attendant or didn't pay attention.

I suspect both as you made such an insane statement.

Dea

finman,

when you are trying to understand the vacation bidding, yes it sounds easy when you describe it. But, you are leaving out one major piece of the puzzel. SENIORITY. With out it, you won't hold that front loaded schedule you are looking for.

finman,

when you are trying to understand the vacation bidding, yes it sounds easy when you describe it. But, you are leaving out one major piece of the puzzel. SENIORITY. With out it, you won't hold that front loaded schedule you are looking for.
Good point. I could see how that would make it a bit of a crapshoot as to how much your vacation ends up being worth. It would seem more sensible to bid and pay vacation in a manner similar to the pilots, as it guarantees a certain hours per day, and it takes those days out of the bidding process. It seems silly to bid on trips that fall on your vacation, because you're just going to need a reserve to cover that trip from the onset.

With the pilots, a guy will bid the first two weeks in february, and each day is paid at 3.5 hours per day (49 hours total). When time comes to bid on the February flying month, that pilot must bid on trips around those vacation days, or only on trips in the second two weeks in the month. Since he already has 49 credit hours on his line for the month from the vacation, he/she can only pick up about 25-30 flying hours in the remainder of the month. As a result of this process, only guys that are actually available to fly those trips are allowed to bid on the trips, thus reducing the need for reserve staffing and rescheduling.

I'm sure there are good reasons the FA vacation bidding was set up the way it is, but it seems rather arbitrary and counterintuitive on its surface.

Any insight on the logic behind the current methodology would be greatly appreciated.

As a former F/A I was always surprised at the benefits of such a job. It is a gravy job, there really should be no benefits as it is a thinkless career.

Spoken like a true furloughed flight attendant! Bitter party of one, your table is ready. ;)

Spoken like a true furloughed flight attendant! Bitter party of one, your table is ready. ;)

Yes, scab in training.

I got these bullet points from another board regarding the FA proposal. Sounds like a no vote in the making. Don't know how many of these proposals wound up in the T/A or not.

Maybe they will follow the APFA's (AA FA's union) lead and turn any no vote into a yes vote.

This language came from the AFA site. It sounds like AFA is actively recruiting NWA FAs to change unions. Guess they are down dues money and need to add more to their coffers.

On February 22, PFAA released its latest concessionary Term Sheet.
Northwest flight attendants have expressed outrage over many of
management's over-reaching demands that PFAA has apparently caved in
on. This includes the following proposed concessions:

REDUCTION in Pay Rates by 21% (across the board)
REDUCTION of Vacation Accruals by 50%
REDUCTION(s) in several other pay premiums, including Purser, Lead,
Quarterly Overtime, Ground Holding and the suspension of Holiday Pay
REDUCTION of Sick Leave Pay by 25%
REDUCTION in Sick Leave Accruals (from 5:00 hours a month to 3:00
hours)
LOSS of over 1,500 flight attendant positions due (in part) to the
ELIMINATION of our current:
- Domestic 30/7 protections
- Domestic 8/24 protections
LOSS of Short Crew Compensation
INCREASE of monthly minimums/maximums by 15 hours (flight attendants
will be flying MORE for far less)
ELIMINATION of our SLIC bidding system (substantial loss of control
over our flight scheduling process)
ELIMINATION of several expenses, such as Downtown-like hotels,
Company paid luggage, International Laundry, Day Rooms at Base
Stations and Per Diem for single duty periods.
ELIMINATION of Training Pay for ART
ELIMINATION of flight pay guarantees (overfly pay will be offset by
underfly pay)

In addition to these and many other concessions, PFAA has proposed an
alarming Language of Destination Program (LOD) which would allow
super seniority to flight attendants hired by the Company for work on
flights in and out of Asia. Equally alarming, PFAA's proposed
elimination of our domestic 30/7 and 8/24 protections would allow the
Company to build unsafe and undesirable trips which will dramatically
reshape our careers. By lifting these protections which have existed
for many decades and which remain in place throughout the industry,
PFAA will open the door to possible base closures, unlimited high
value turns, unreasonable back-to-back flying assignments and perhaps
many other unforeseen and unacceptable changes in flying.

Congratulations! the title of this thread wins the first annual "Creates an extremely disgusting mental picture" award!

Well, as NWA considers being a flight attendant a "vending machine' how can that management even have a clue about the real and true job of being a flight attendant?

Dea

Oh yes you sound like a bitter furloughed F/A...yet you still need to feel a part of the Airline community by reading and replying to our posts. Who's work is more meaningless? Ours which you say is thinkless, (whatever the hell that means?) or yours where you feel you still need a piece of the action? I'm sure you're a brain surgeon now, right?

Oh yes you sound like a bitter furloughed F/A...yet you still need to feel a part of the Airline community by reading and replying to our posts. Who's work is more meaningless? Ours which you say is thinkless, (whatever the hell that means?) or yours where you feel you still need a piece of the action? I'm sure you're a brain surgeon now, right?
What's with the big red font? It diminishes the credibility of your points when your choice of font is saying to us:

"hey read my post which is so much more important than everyone elses so I made it really big and red so you wouldn't miss it!!!"