FAA HEAD RANDY BABBIT GETS DUI

ebwgs

Veteran
Contributor
Aug 23, 2004
I wonder if he'll be subjected to random alcohol and drug tests. Or maybe just fired. Sad.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2011/12/jerome-babbitt-faa-administrator-arrested-for-dwi-69946.html

I wonder if he'll be subjected to random alcohol and drug tests. Or maybe just fired. Sad.

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2011/12/jerome-babbitt-faa-administrator-arrested-for-dwi-69946.html

Surprised that Doug wasn't co-pilot :lol: :lol: :lol:

With this band of Liars Cheats and Thieves, The Back Bench Junior Senator posing as President will DO NOTHING. After-all so far that's all he has any skill at.

Such is life in The People's Democratic Republic of Barackistan!

Reactions: 5 people

With this band of Liars Cheats and Thieves, The Back Bench Junior Senator posing as President will DO NOTHING. After-all so far that's all he has any skill at.

Fast forward to 2011...He's no longer a junior senator he's The President of the United States. I don't know if there's such a country called Barackistan. If there is I don't know who the president is. Maybe Herman Cain knows.

Reactions: 4 people
Fast forward to 2011...He's no longer a junior senator he's The President of the United States. I don't know if there's such a country called Barackistan. If there is I don't know who the president is. Maybe Herman Cain knows.

Notice I said "Posing as President"

Never thought I'd see a President who made me wax nostalgic for Jimmy Carter, but I guess you could call that an accomplishment.

Prediction is Babbit gets the Doug Parker Treatment. Does the time or whatever the state of VA penalty is, agrees to enter a program, and the Empty Suit residing at 1600 Penna Ave doesn't do a damn thing.

Reactions: 1 person

What does all the above nonsense have to do with the topic t hand?

AS stupid as his mistake was, it was not as bad as the TSA director at IAD who was busted for DUI (with a very high blood alcohol level) while on duty a few years back.

And just like DoUgIe, this guy had the dough for a cab ride. Not to excuse DUI, but I can see (not condone) a situation where an average guy has too much too drink, considers calling a cab, then thinks "gee a $40 cab ride tonight, another one tomorrow to get my car. I'll just be real careful" and chance. Both Messrs Babbit and Parker could easily have afforded a cab.

I bet this guy wishes he took a cab, Newton NC...

Attachments

• dwi-crash-dwi-checkpoint.jpg
    dwi-crash-dwi-checkpoint.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 318
AS stupid as his mistake was, it was not as bad as the TSA director at IAD who was busted for DUI (with a very high blood alcohol level) while on duty a few years back.

And just like DoUgIe, this guy had the dough for a cab ride. Not to excuse DUI, but I can see (not condone) a situation where an average guy has too much too drink, considers calling a cab, then thinks "gee a $40 cab ride tonight, another one tomorrow to get my car. I'll just be real careful" and chance. Both Messrs Babbit and Parker could easily have afforded a cab.
You know, you are comparing people who make one mistake, a DUI, with someone who is a serial DUI offender. Not to excuse it the first time, but most learn after the first time. DUI doug, apparently does not. Time and again he has passed on the opportunity to ensure his, as well as those around him, a safe trip home. This is a (fairly) conscious decision on his part. No body is shooting at him. No incoming shells. He just does not want to wait for a cab. That is a different kind of drunk, one who raises serious concerns that his lack of judgement during company functions carries over into the day to day operations (yes, I know he knows less about airline operations that the resident hobo). Unfortunately, Mr. Parker promotes and actually has some say into how the airline is run. This is unacceptable. While it explains the losing $417 million derivative gamble, it also brings into question his (and his board's) other decisions.

It certainly would explain why the tempe culture is quite good at the knee-jerk cover up. Practice makes perfect, I guess. <sigh>

Well folks former ECLAT frontman and water boy for AA during the AMFA drive Randy Babbit and now head of the FAA was arrested in Virginia for a DUI this weekend. I hope they throw the book at him.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/crime-scene/post/faa-head-randy-babbitt-charged-with-drunk-driving-in-fairfax/2011/12/05/gIQAkNjdWO_blog.html

Well folks former ECLAT frontman and water boy for AA during the AMFA drive Randy Babbit and now head of the FAA was arrested in Virginia for a DUI this weekend. I hope they throw the book at him.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/crime-scene/post/faa-head-randy-babbitt-charged-with-drunk-driving-in-fairfax/2011/12/05/gIQAkNjdWO_blog.html
I thought the twu convention was in Vegas not Virginia?