Faa Says Nw Safe

delldude said:
bullfeathers.....FAA?
hows about seasoned mechanics not following maintenance manual procedure and short cutting..... and the lead responsibile took his own life after realizing what he had done.......
FAA never signed off on that procedure....
in fact the investigation found AA violated procedure and they were responsible.....and AA tried to cover up an internal investigation over the procedure recommending mechanics stop this practice and FAA got ahold of the memo......mechanics short cutting.... killed 200... :down:
[post="298075"][/post]​

Actually the DC-10 engine pylon removal procedure was copied from Continental Airlines. So, why don't you blame them also. Another thing,the procedure was approved by AA engineering not the mechanics. The mechanics were just doing their jobs according to AA approved procedures. They had no idea that the procedure was damaging the pylon mount and they probably didn't know that this procedure was not approved by Douglas.

PRINCESS KIDAGAKASH said:
Actually the DC-10 engine pylon removal procedure was copied from Continental Airlines. So, why don't you blame them also. Another thing,the procedure was approved by AA engineering not the mechanics. The mechanics were just doing their jobs according to AA approved procedures. They had no idea that the procedure was damaging the pylon mount and they probably didn't know that this procedure was not approved by Douglas.
[post="298286"][/post]​
ahh yes those neat little supplements they put in the M/M and remove when FAA audit time comes around....wonder why they pull them in the first place?
engineering doesn't make it right if the manual says not.....
guess you're right princess....tell that to the relatives of those on the flight..... :shock:

delldude? Are you on crack? What do you do for a living anyway? I really cannot see any company in its right mind hiring you. Unless of course you are Delle's long lost nephew and the company had no choice for fear of more laziness from its union employees.

delldude? Are you on crack?
no reefer,its why i lost my job at dell.
What do you do for a living anyway?
i work on high speed jet aircraft when i'm sober.
I really cannot see any company in its right mind hiring you.
you're so right,i failed the psychological tests at delta,in particular the one about "ever fantasize about your mother?"
Unless of course you are Delle's long lost nephew and the company had no choice for fear of more laziness from its union employees.
have you ever been to Uncle Delle's estate up on Lake Winnipesaukee?in his gameroom he has likeness's of the heads of former CEO'S he beat in neg's mounted on the wall.i saw yours there too. :eek:
have a nice weekend

delldude said:
engineering doesn't make it right if the manual says not..... 
[post="298494"][/post]​

You are wrong with this one at least at my airline.

Mostly in overhaul but sometimes even on the line, engineering continually writes procedures that will supercede the manual. Some because the manual is wrong and can't be accomplished that way, others to just expedite the process. Some of this is in-house and other times run by the manufacturer.

AMFAMAN said:
You are wrong with this one at least at my airline.

Mostly in overhaul but sometimes even on the line, engineering continually writes procedures that will supercede the manual. Some because the manual is wrong and can't be accomplished that way, others to just expedite the process. Some of this is in-house and other times run by the manufacturer.
[post="298571"][/post]​
if theres a procedure thats wrong in the M/M..the manufacturer should revise the procedure.
what you refer to in o/h is usually an engineering authorization which is used when the M/M doesn't specifically cover a specific repair or procedure,and usually the manufacturer is consulted or advised.
as to shortcutting M/M procedures,engineering did that in the old days like the AA dc-10....but since things like value jet and a few others,its hard to find an engineer who will sign off on superceding a M/M procedure anymore.
because in the old days people died this way....and still do in some cases.

delldude said:
if theres a procedure thats wrong in the M/M..the manufacturer should revise the procedure.
what you refer to in o/h is usually an engineering authorization which is used when the M/M doesn't specifically cover a specific repair or procedure,and usually the manufacturer is consulted or advised.
as to shortcutting M/M procedures,engineering did that in the old days like the AA dc-10....but since things like value jet and a few others,its hard to find an engineer who will sign off on superceding a M/M procedure anymore.
because in the old days people died this way....and still do in some cases.
[post="298579"][/post]​

Well that just brought us full circle. The dc 10 was an engineering order/screwup and as the mechanic on the floor, unless you got some real good reason(enough to put your job on the line for) not to follow that order, you will.

I'm not going to go much deeper into this but from talking to layed off mechanics who are working at third party outfits, this is common practice to write the orders as needed and forced upon them daily. Being that they have no union backing, they comply with the order even though some are less then perfect.

PTO,

You post on this board as if you're some sort of authority on aircraft maintenance and unionism. You are a johnny come lately to the airline industry, and already a has been. Should you or any of your scab associates get hired as permanent scabs - you too can expect a future of corn holing from the company. I suspect you would willingly accept it though. Hey, don't for a minute consider that these NWA AMTs have given the best years of their lives to make this company work. Accepting concessions and cutbacks for years and years up until about 4 years ago when the AMFA negotiated a fair contract that NWA management agreed to. PTO don't consider the history, just read the company propaganda and take it as gospel. If you were truly looking out for your families best interest, you wouldn't bet on this risky proposition. Nothing like going to work, knowing you are the subject of scorn and ridicule huh. :up:

No scorn or ridicule here. I get along just fine at work. The best part of my day is when I get my job package and drive down the zipper-road on my yellow cart in front of the stricking mechanics. I just wish I could hear their catcalls. Where did the Q-Beam go? I enjoy being in the spot light.

PlayTheOdds said:
No scorn or ridicule here. I get along just fine at work. The best part of my day is when I get my job package and drive down the zipper-road on my yellow cart in front of the stricking mechanics. I just wish I could hear their catcalls. Where did the Q-Beam go? I enjoy being in the spot light.
[post="298705"][/post]​

PTO you do realize that most of the guys on here that you are trading insults with are not Northwest Mechanics don't you they are not even AMFA members they are TWU members from AA like proama and amfaman. :shock:

PlayTheOdds said:
Yea I think that is what pissed KTO off so bad. He thought he was going through all that trouble for the Northwest guys then somewhere down the line he learned otherwise. We still have a pool on who he is.
[post="298716"][/post]​

I'm a TWU guy at AA myself that's how I know most of these screen names are from AA, they love to fight if they can't get into one at AA then they will get into Northwest fight of course the stakes are not as high there as we have nothing to lose, were still getting our pay checks every week right guys. ;)

that is why I said it does not matter what Union you are in the fighters are gonna fight no matter what Union they are in and the non fighters are not gonna fight no matter what Union they are in, it makes little difference other than segregation of the job titles, which I am kind of for, some area's of the country have more fighters than other area's of the country I happen to live in a low cost non fighting area of the US so strikes here are not very likely, good for me bad for the fighters. :unsure:

Back