FBI has 'reignited' pursuit of D.B. Cooper

Status
Not open for further replies.

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
story here

On Thanksgiving Eve in 1971, a man who gave the name Dan Cooper bought a ticket for a Northwest flight from Portland, Ore., to Seattle.

Shortly after the plane took off, the man handed the flight attendant a note, saying he had a bomb. He wanted $200,000 in cash and two parachutes when he landed in Seattle.

The money was brought aboard the plane, which took off for Mexico. Over southern Washington, the hijacker jumped out the back door of the plane into the freezing rain - and was never seen again.

The name was fake. Some of the money was found years later in the mountains.

story here

Forget D.B. Cooper...the government should be looking into how Gary Wilson, Al Checchi, John Dasburg, Richard Anderson, Doug Steenland, et al, "stole" millions from NWA's employees and shareholders since the early '90s. :angry:

story here

On Thanksgiving Eve in 1971, a man who gave the name Dan Cooper bought a ticket for a Northwest flight from Portland, Ore., to Seattle.

Shortly after the plane took off, the man handed the flight attendant a note, saying he had a bomb. He wanted $200,000 in cash and two parachutes when he landed in Seattle.

The money was brought aboard the plane, which took off for Mexico. Over southern Washington, the hijacker jumped out the back door of the plane into the freezing rain - and was never seen again.

The name was fake. Some of the money was found years later in the mountains.

story here

When I began my f/a job in 1982.... I worked for Piedmont Airlines...... At some point Piedmont purchased the a/c that DB jumped from...
Hed carved his initials on the back door..... then jumped.....
PI placed a placard over his initials...... (it was an "Airline of the Year" award that PI had gotten...)
I always thought it was a cool story... and would always tell our PAX that they were on a famos a/c... !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back