fedex mechanics

Any Fedex mechanics on the board? I have a few questions

If someone named PlayTheOdds says he is a FedEx mechanic, he is lying. He is a SCAB who crossed the picket line at Northwest.

If someone named PlayTheOdds says he is a FedEx mechanic, he is lying. He is a SCAB who crossed the picket line at Northwest.
What causes you to believe the guy is a scab? Ever consider the fact he is trolling this website as company "plant"? Doesn't it seem odd to you has all day to post instead of wrenching? Sometimes he tries very hard to sound like an aviation mechanic, then all of a sudden, he sounds like one of the company propaganda writers. He just doesn't smell right to me. And, one other thing, why the interest in where other aircraft is being serviced or their facilites? Heard Northwest is shopping for someone to fix their dilapidated airplanes. The scabs have seen to it they lost their maintenance license and now what's the atmosphere at the hubs? Nervousness I guess, eh? Scrounging around for anyone who'll fix anything of theirs. Now that they did have to surrender their license (and we know the full details Northwest, stop the pathetic media mantra) what's to become of all these scabs and AMFA scabs? Northwest is going to waste money on people that can't fix airplanes? Considering the financial situation, Northwest will obviously have to cut some more corners there, too. Their laying low because they needed some AMFA members to cross, but after the pilots and the F/As contracts, guess who will be next on the roster?

Any Fedex mechanics on the board? I have a few questions
I have several friends that work for Fedex. Leads,Supervisors,Mechanics in Oakland,Ca. If you have a Question. I could certainly get you the answer. Pratt4056.

I have four questions.

What is the starting pay of a FedEx technician including premiums.

Does FedEx offer a technicians agreement similar to JetBlue?

Does FedEx have internal bidding for job openings around the FedEx system?

Does FedEx have technicians in Florida and if so what
cities?

Thanks.

I have several friends that work for Fedex. Leads,Supervisors,Mechanics in Oakland,Ca. If you have a Question. I could certainly get you the answer. Pratt4056.

definitely not exact answers, but pretty close.

starting pay is 30.15/hr with 3 yr progression, raises every 6 mos, top is 37.??/hr.

agreement??? as AMT you are locked into 1st station for 18 mos. then upon transfer you must stay 12 mos before able to bid.

yes internal bidding, AMTs have 1st priority, of course based on AMT seniority. Then preference goes to out of 'job class' ( box handlers, couriers, or management, instructors, etc), then finally if no one fits the bill then the street (it does get to the street once in a while).

not sure of all FL cities(MIA, FLL, MCO, TPA...?), only took a 10 year AMT to get MIA though. ha ha you used to have had radial engine time to get FL where I last worked.

Hope that helps,

Best regards,

Johnny Gearpin

Thank you very much for the information.

Clears up a few questions that I had..

definitely not exact answers, but pretty close.

starting pay is 30.15/hr with 3 yr progression, raises every 6 mos, top is 37.??/hr.

agreement??? as AMT you are locked into 1st station for 18 mos. then upon transfer you must stay 12 mos before able to bid.

yes internal bidding, AMTs have 1st priority, of course based on AMT seniority. Then preference goes to out of 'job class' ( box handlers, couriers, or management, instructors, etc), then finally if no one fits the bill then the street (it does get to the street once in a while).

not sure of all FL cities(MIA, FLL, MCO, TPA...?), only took a 10 year AMT to get MIA though. ha ha you used to have had radial engine time to get FL where I last worked.
Hope that helps,

Best regards,

Johnny Gearpin

Latest posts

Back