Feel The Bern

townpete

Corn Field
May 30, 2008
All those lofty goals are just that....lofty.

Get money out of politics? The president is powerless. Congress passes the laws,
and the Supreme Court shreds any attempt to limit political contributions. Any bill that
does pass has loopholes big enough for truckloads of cash to breeze through.

How about taxing the rich? Well, for starters, the wealthy already pay most of the federal
income taxes:

According to the Congressional Budget Office, the top 1% paid 39% of the
personal income taxes in 2010 while earning 15% of the before-tax income, and the
top 20% paid 93% of the federal income taxes in 2010 while earning 52% of before-tax income.
So the rich are already taxed heavily, and those that aren't bought a loophole from Congress
that no president can close.

Tax codes can't be changed at the whim of the President; Congress passes tax laws,
and yes, contribution-loving Congress is open for business when it comes to buying
tax breaks.

Crazy Bern is Crazy

How crazy?

This crazy:

Bernie Sanders Calls For Federal Investigation Of Exxon

Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) wants ExxonMobil investigated by the Department of Justice.
In a letter to Attorney General Loretta Lynch on Tuesday, Sanders charged the oil giant of engaging in a cover-up to intentionally mislead the public about the reality of human-caused climate change, and by extension the risks of its carbon-intensive product.

anigif_enhanced-23685-1400658913-19.gif

Kev3188 said:
What's crazy is anyone daring to speak truth to power being called crazy...

You mean a far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far far left truth.

Yes you are correct....that is crazy. 

The more I read about Sanders and the more I listen to him the more I like him.  I think if he gets the nomination (big if given Clintons power base) he has a good chance of winning depending on who gets the Republican nomination.  

Right now the republicans do not have a strong candidate.  I still believe Trump will burn out.  I think after the first few primaries we will have a good idea of his staying power.  Were he to do will in the primaries I think his mouth will get him in more and more trouble.  The moderates and independents will either stay home or not vote for him.  The rest of the field seems very weak to me.  A 3rd Bush????? Even Ms Bush Sr. does not want that.  Carson... be serious.  

Ms Tree said:
The more I read about Sanders and the more I listen to him the more I like him.  I think if he gets the nomination (big if given Clintons power base) he has a good chance of winning depending on who gets the Republican nomination.  

Right now the republicans do not have a strong candidate.  I still believe Trump will burn out.  I think after the first few primaries we will have a good idea of his staying power.  Were he to do will in the primaries I think his mouth will get him in more and more trouble.  The moderates and independents will either stay home or not vote for him.  The rest of the field seems very weak to me.  A 3rd Bush????? Even Ms Bush Sr. does not want that.  Carson... be serious.  

Of course you would. That is not surprising.

lol

townpete said:

Of course you would. That is not surprising.

lol
Tbis coming from th guy who posts a link to suport his position with out even reading so that he would realize that it contradicts the very idea he is rying to support.

When you atually start reading stuff about the various issues then perhaps you will have a position worthy of discussion. Not holding my breath as your posting with out reading has been going on for quite some time.

Ms Tree said:
Tbis coming from th guy who posts a link to suport his position with out even reading so that he would realize that it contradicts the very idea he is rying to support.

When you atually start reading stuff about the various issues then perhaps you will have a position worthy of discussion. Not holding my breath as your posting with out reading has been going on for quite some time.

Then you should return to your micro-aggression "safe space" by blocking me then.

Because more pain is to come...

lol

Latest posts

Back