Fines proposed for going without health insurance !

"Americans who don't get health insurance once the system is overhauled would be fined up to $3,800 under a proposal that circulated in Congress on Tuesday as Democratic leaders cast doubt on prospects for creating a government-run insurance plan."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090908/ap_on_...h_care_overhaul

Pay or else !!!
Whaaaaa? You mean no free healthcare? I'm shocked I say, just shocked!

I also heard that was some exceptions or "waivers" for some.

Just lovely eh?

"Americans who don't get health insurance once the system is overhauled would be fined up to $3,800 under a proposal that circulated in Congress on Tuesday as Democratic leaders cast doubt on prospects for creating a government-run insurance plan."
Pay or else !!!
That is terrible. We should just stay with the status quo and let those same people go to emergency rooms as indigent care, then it will just come out of the general fund (read: your taxes) as it does currently. So either make them pay now, or you pay for them later; your choice.

Freedom4all said: I also heard that was some exceptions or "waivers" for some.

Now that is some great investigative research work. :rolleyes:

That is terrible. We should just stay with the status quo and let those same people go to emergency rooms as indigent care, then it will just come out of the general fund (read: your taxes) as it does currently. So either make them pay now, or you pay for them later; your choice.

Yes its was techno, lemme see, oh yeah...IT WAS IN THE HC BILL. lol

Sure you read it? Didn't think so.

Yes its was techno, lemme see, oh yeah...IT WAS IN THE HC BILL. lol

There is not one HC Bill. You will have to be more specific. There are 4 that I have read.

I heard there was this or that does not cut it.

And you did not respond to the choice offered.

The same people now go to the emergency rooms and make payment arrangements like any other bill.

Uninsured get a repayment agreement if you didn't know....they only go when they decide they have to..

The ones you whine about are on the welfare plan that some well meaning peckerhead some 50 or so years ago thought was the plan....how'd that pan out FDR?

If what you say is so....we already pay for them...... :huh:

The same people now go to the emergency rooms and make payment arrangements like any other bill.
...and they don't pay them. They are then written off as indigent care patients. Then they are payed for by our tax dollars to the hospitals.

There is not one HC Bill. You will have to be more specific. There are 4 that I have read.

You are correct counselor, I heard it from the horses mouth. :lol:

“If we are going to make people responsible for owning health insurance, we must make health care affordable,â€￾ Mr. Obama wrote. “If we do end up with a system where people are responsible for their own insurance, we need to provide a hardship waiver to exempt Americans who cannot afford it.â€￾
:mf_boff:

So this bold faced type was not true?

IT WAS IN THE HC BILL. lol

Thank you for correcting yourself.

Sounds like you need to brush up on what is a bill and what is an article covering a policy position.

Pssst. (they are different things)

And you forgot this peice of the article you linked:

Moreover, the president said, “while I believe that employers have a responsibility to support health insurance for their employees, small businesses face a number of special challenges in affording health benefits and should be exempted.”

So this bold faced type was not true?

Thank you for correcting yourself.

Sounds like you need to brush up on what is a bill and what is an article covering a policy position.

Pssst. (they are different things)

And you forgot this peice of the article you linked:
It is true, facts dont lie. Or are you calling the messiah a liar?

IT WAS IN THE HC BILL. lol
Ok. Let us try this again.

The above post is what you said.

Here was my response:

After I pointed out that it was not in any bill, you instead offered the President's remarks.

Now, you refuse to admit that you have been proven to provide false statements.

You also have now been proven to blatantly plagiarize other peoples words.

You have zero credibility.

Sleep well.

Ok. Let us try this again.

The above post is what you said.

Here was my response:

After I pointed out that it was not in any bill, you instead offered the President's remarks.

Now, you refuse to admit that you have been proven to provide false statements.

You also have now been proven to blatantly plagiarize other peoples words.

You have zero credibility.

Sleep well.
Facts don't lie, are you calling Obama a liar to? You say he didn't say that? Even when its on live tv?

Free care for the indigent is going to kill off the few charitable hospitals that take care of these scammers.

The big 'non-profit' hospitals like the Mayo and Cleveland Clinic etc are not going to accept these freeloaders.
These hospitals' idea of charity work is building a new zillion dollar heart wing.

My wife is an ER nurse. Just one day last week her ER accepted 168 charity walk-in patients.

That is not sustainable.

With or without Obamacare.

Back