First Class Cabin Boos Gold Star Family

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
www.youtube.com
A Stockton, California, man and his family were exiting a flight on their way to retrieve their son’s body after he was killed in Afghanistan last Saturday. In a shameful example of entitlement and self-absorption, passengers in first class booed the family as they passed through the pricey cabin.

Why? Because the pampered few might miss their next flight if the grieving family de-planed first — something the crew requested.

This cruel behavior by the favored few illuminates the pressing need to put our veterans and their families at the front of our American consciousness. The frightening example of a lack of empathy and compassion shows how respect for our military members and their families must be modeled to our children — respect for those heroes who provide our very freedom to ride in the comfort of first-class on an airplane, should we wish to and be able to afford it.

http://www.lifezette.com/momzette/first-class-cabin-boos-gold-star-family/

A Stockton, California, man and his family were exiting a flight on their way to retrieve their son’s body after he was killed in Afghanistan last Saturday. In a shameful example of entitlement and self-absorption, passengers in first class booed the family as they passed through the pricey cabin.

Why? Because the pampered few might miss their next flight if the grieving family de-planed first — something the crew requested.

This cruel behavior by the favored few illuminates the pressing need to put our veterans and their families at the front of our American consciousness. The frightening example of a lack of empathy and compassion shows how respect for our military members and their families must be modeled to our children — respect for those heroes who provide our very freedom to ride in the comfort of first-class on an airplane, should we wish to and be able to afford it.

http://www.lifezette.com/momzette/first-class-cabin-boos-gold-star-family/

I am glad I wasn't on that flight.
I would probably be in jail.

Latest posts