First Time In 25 Years........

Fatherknowsbest

Advanced
Sep 19, 2003
Finally got off the merry goround. Wish for all the hardworking U Employees a
good weather week. Thanksgiving at home will be a blessing this year. To the many friends I left, hope the public will be understanding of all the stress you endure, and realize others are to blame. You guys and gals are the best and deserve better!

Good Luck!

Regards,
Fatherknowsbest

aerosmith said:
This is the side of aviation 9 to 5 people don't see. :unsure:
[post="202522"][/post]​

Best of luck, Father.

Yes. This is the side to aviation that many people don't see.

"You knew that you would have to work holidays when you took the job."

We all hear that. And yes, it is true. But over the course of the many years you begin to realize the cumulative toll that it takes on you and your family. The pay and work rules in the past would make this trade off worthwhile. No longer.

The hidden side of aviation, particularly as we "adapt" to the new realities of our industry, is pretty ugly. Poor pay, poor benefits, terminated pensions, job instability, blah blah blah. Worse, a management team that has driven morale into the ground and squarely blames labor for their woes.

For those that truly love the industry these jobs will continue to be attractive and worthwhile, and all the best to them. But it is nice, after so many years of working holidays,when someone asks, "Do you have Christmas off?" And be able to say, "Of course."

Enjoy the holidays, Father. It is well deserved.

Best to all,
BT

View attachment 2185This Thanksgiving, Im going skiing in Aspen!!! For the first time in 8 years I wont be at the Lagoon in Philly, The Hilton in Gatwick (they did put on a good Thanksgiving dinner one year!) or sitting in the Jury Inn ( Backpacker, pubic hair infested hotel in Manchester England.)
The best part about my trip, I am flying on Air Tran and United roundtrip from FLL for $600 so no need to use my unlimited free passes on US Airways, given to me when I voluntarily resigned, to get me there. After they tax my space available passes not to mention not knowing if Id ever get on a plane, it just wasn't worth the hassle.
Maybe Ill see you on the slopes next year!! :)

Fat Lady Singing?

Latest posts

Back