Five years later, what a difference...

Aug 20, 2002
Was looking to see if the Philly Inquirer had an article on Irene's expected impact on US operations at PHL. Nothing -- although did cover SEPTA shutting down for the storm, when I came across this article, which was discussed on this forum at the time, IIRC.

http://www.philly.com/philly/business/email_markets/10082006_inquirer_bungled_bags.html

"...In the dark and dank catacombs beneath the public's luggage carousels, and even in the bright sun on the tarmac, US Airways employees at Philadelphia International Airport toil in a rancorous atmosphere...."

It pretty much tore the US baggage operation apart, not without good cause. But that was in '06. As most people on this forum are aware, things are very different today. (Even if the bag room is still dark and dank) It would be nice if the paper, a local TV newscast, would do a story about the progress that has been made.

But I guess that does not sell as many papers or get as many rating points.

Was looking to see if the Philly Inquirer had an article on Irene's expected impact on US operations at PHL. Nothing -- although did cover SEPTA shutting down for the storm, when I came across this article, which was discussed on this forum at the time, IIRC.

http://www.philly.com/philly/business/email_markets/10082006_inquirer_bungled_bags.html

"...In the dark and dank catacombs beneath the public's luggage carousels, and even in the bright sun on the tarmac, US Airways employees at Philadelphia International Airport toil in a rancorous atmosphere...."

It pretty much tore the US baggage operation apart, not without good cause. But that was in '06. As most people on this forum are aware, things are very different today. (Even if the bag room is still dark and dank) It would be nice if the paper, a local TV newscast, would do a story about the progress that has been made.

But I guess that does not sell as many papers or get as many rating points.
[/quote]

You'll need to drop Elise Eberwine a note so she can get her asleep at the wheel PR team right on it!!!

I almost went into a panic attack reading that article, and re-living some of my PHL baggage nightmares. :lol:

I came home from AMS Christmas day right into the Meltdown. It defied description. The F/A's got word coming in and I was sitting next to a non rev F/A in Envoy so all the F/A's were relaying the info to her, many in tears. I remember thinking, "It can't be that bad" and on the International flights it wasn't. So being a curious cat I wandered over to B & C and the first thought I had after looking around was "It's Over, they're done! Time to find a new airline"

Thankfully US got through it and we all know what happened next when US merged with the "Evil Empire" (J/K)

Back