Fleet Service update 12/15/06

Last time I checked not one union at US Airways has control of how the company staffs the operation.

Nice attempt to blame the IAM, maybe fleet should have learned to vote no, since your group has not met a concession it did not like, and maybe if you all unionized way before 1995, you would have better protection.

It should have not taken three votes to unionize.
700 sez, "maybe fleet should have learned to vote no" :lol: What a joke...
The mechanic and related voted NO, but that wasn't the result IAM was looking for..
IAM's solution ? Re-vote until the membership gets it right.. :blush:
700, Hows the cigarette business ?

Last time I checked not one union at US Airways has control of how the company staffs the operation.

Nice attempt to blame the IAM, maybe fleet should have learned to vote no, since your group has not met a concession it did not like, and maybe if you all unionized way before 1995, you would have better protection.

It should have not taken three votes to unionize.

Baloney.

The figures don't lie.

Spin to your heart's content.

You know what strikes me as funny , the thought that anyone out there thinks that we are one union ... or that we listen to the union OR the company ... damn it , i am a west employee and i want my money.... i am sick of making less than someone who works at taco bell , and if we don't see our money on JAN 1ST 2007 there are going to be some REALLY big problems on the WEST SIDE ..... from where i am , i don't see the east doing ANYTHING , i've been told time and time again , that this is all but wrapped up , and time and time again , we keep hearing it's going to take "a little more time " the clock is ticking .....
If i come off as sounding angry .... that's because i , and most of my fellow west workers are now fed up ... we bust our asses for this company , and get a nice 50 dollar holiday bonus .... why thank you company! your so generous! Here on the west side there's alot of apathay ... and we all know what apathay leads too when at work...SJD ,SJC ,SNA,SAN .... they all start to look alike after awhile ...but what do i care , i make less than someone who works at taco bell ....As one ramp worker was once said to say "if they want to pay us like retards , then retards we are then "
Let me make one thing very clear , most of us do not approve of the tactics that PHL employeed that one year when they had the baggage incident ... i consider myself and most of the people i work with to be "proffsionals" at our job , and we've always striven to do the best job possible , that's why year after year we've done a fantastic job ( except of course if it were not for mesa dragging us down with their crappy figures )But most of us are at wits end ...I understand the company and the union are in talks , but what i fail to understand is why now that those of us are that were TWU and who are now IAM are not getting the pay due us , PER our IAM contract!!!! This company had better NOT drag it's feet and stall paying us our new pay scale starting jan 1st ... we are all too familar with the companys BS tactis ....Right now there's only one thing those of us in the west want and that is an assurance that everyone who was a west employee will now be paid what the old IAM contract said they should make... if they at least tell us that much then much then we can at least rest easy for quite sometime .

It appears USA management has determined to attempt to negotiate directly with IAM members rather than at the bargaining table with the authorized Negotiating Committee. This in fact may border on an “unfair labor practice†which we are exploring with our own legal counsel. It certainly is an attempt to divide our membership (both east & west) to accept less then what you told us thru the IAM survey.

The Company in direct meetings with employees have misrepresented, misstated, and withheld the “true proposal†made in your behalf from your Committee to the Company.

As a policy, we are reluctant to normally make public a proposal, as it is subject to change thru the bargaining process, and this is true with the current proposal, which in fact is not the Negotiating Committees first proposal but represents its last and most recent.

The Company has falsely complained to your Committee that we are attempting Section 6 bargaining… and they should count their lucky stars it is not, because if we were in Section 6 bargaining we would be taking a “Strike Vote†and setting a “Strike Date†in response to their pathetic actions.

The Company has refused to give us a counter proposal, and they have rejected our proposal in your behalf “out of handâ€. They have insisted that we make another proposal… which if we were to respond to that request would result in your committee bargaining against ourselves. That will not happen.

Your Negotiating Committee is unified and prepared to return to bargain when the Company has a proposal to present in your behalf at the bargaining table.

Stay strong, unified and don’t be divided into groups by phony Company issues or other misrepresented issues by those with a narrow or selfish focus.

It will take all of us both East and West to achieve our goals and all should be respected and treated in a fair fashion in the end result. That’s what a Union is all about.

In solidarity, I remain

S.R. (Randy) Canale
President and Directing General Chairman

I HATE the iam and canape and all the rest of his iam sons of witches cronies. They are only looking out for their own crooked azzes. They never have any credible info to tell us. Ask any one of them a question and all you'll get is we'll get back to you on it or due to regulations we are not at liberty to say. Pluck you canape. The negotiations are about us, we have a right to know what is being negotiated supposedly in our behalf. give us the true facts and let us decide who is lying, the company or the iam negotiators. I believe it is you, the iam. If you are not lying, then give us the truth about what is being negotiated. We are all tired of you beating around the bush, we need something concrete from you that will give us reason to believe you are working in our best interests. I know that that is a tall order for a lying sick of shat like you, but give it a try.

I dont believe the IAM because they keep selling the west out to the company for this stupid helping hand agreement that does nothing to help the majority of the fleet service employees.

Baloney.

The figures don't lie.

Spin to your heart's content.
The additional mtc personal is because of attrition as is pilots for the moment.

And please show me with facts how any union sets the company staffing levels.

See you won't be able too, because you know the reality is the company sets the manpower, not any union on the property.

That strawman is easily knocked down.

I never claimed unions control staffing levels - you put those words in my mouth.

I merely pointed out that every represented group on the property, save fleet, is experiencing recalls.

Conflate that with the fact fleet is the only group that lost recall rights.

I leave it to the gentle readers to figure out why these results happen, although no one could blame them if the first thing that occurred was piss-poor bargaining.

Although whatever Canale is, he is not stupid - so maybe the results are intended.

I have always believed fleet was mech cannon fodder, and events have not changed my opinion.

District 141 and Canale have nothing to do with Mechanic and Related, M&R are part of DL 142.

And M&R loses pay after 5 years on layoff.

Recalls due to attrition, not growth.

Irrelevant to the facts. Everybody but fleet, for whatever reason, is getting recalls.

Canale and the 142 honchoes answer to the same guys.

Are you saying those guys don't work together, because if they aren't, Buffenbarger should fire them.

Of course they have to do with one another. That's what unions are supposed to do.

I'm just speculating that coordination may not be to fleet's benefit.

The facts keep supporting that supposition.

Irrelevant to the facts. Everybody but fleet, for whatever reason, is getting recalls.

Canale and the 142 honchoes answer to the same guys.

Are you saying those guys don't work together, because if they aren't, Buffenbarger should fire them.

Of course they have to do with one another. That's what unions are supposed to do.

I'm just speculating that coordination may not be to fleet's benefit.

The facts keep supporting that supposition.

The facts don't lie Diogenes. You're right, 700 is wrong. In fact, 700 basically hasn't said anything with substance under this whole thread. Not that I expect him to.

regards,

:up: the IAM must take back every city contracted out to vendors , where the cwa and IBt are on the inside the IAM should be on the outside.

:up: its time to act now or let parker load the planes
with hemmingway. these people will have you working for nothing

:up: the IAM must take back every city contracted out to vendors , where the cwa and IBt are on the inside the IAM should be on the outside.

:up: its time to act now or let parker load the planes
with hemmingway. these people will have you working for nothing
with a better pay and benes to go with it! although i have been looking for another job for a while now it does suck working for piedmont as a part timer and the way piedmont treats part timers needs to change big time i wwish that we could get all the outsourced cities back to mainline

History lesson from 1999

The 3 employees from CLT, who were fired by Rick Pelc will NOT become part of the negotiating process. This will be a side issue and done outside of the scope of negotiations.

Tom Brickner- March 1999

Why the change in "policy"..?

BTW...The 3 employees were back to work within 1 week of termination, without the "help" of negotiations.

History lesson from 1999

The 3 employees from CLT, who were fired by Rick Pelc will NOT become part of the negotiating process. This will be a side issue and done outside of the scope of negotiations.

Tom Brickner- March 1999

Why the change in "policy"..?

BTW...The 3 employees were back to work within 1 week of termination, without the "help" of negotiations.

The way I see it, it is appaling for the IAM to bring up the '22' in negotiations, and also positive space for IAM 141 family members.

Canale has refused to dispell that the '22' and positive space travel for IAM family members has been brought up in negotiations. Many feel those issues are the real reason for the stalled negotiations. It is mind boggling if the IAM insist on including positive space travel for its own family members and the negotiated settlement of the '22'. This suggest to many that the facts as presented by managers or otherwise are true.

To the IAM's discredit, Canale served up a 2 paragraph 'hissy fit' about the company. Silly rhetoric and no substance. Probably had his secretary fire it off in about 2 minutes. His members, and the american labor movement deserves much better than the gooseggs he been serving up.

regards,

Back