Flight 807 CLT-HNL

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason for the Divert. was due to alot of HEAVY MTC EQ they needed to put in HNL and
about 20 non revs. so instead of pulling Non revs the company decided to divert for fuel .
the 767 has the range to run nonstop and the extra cargo weight shouldn't be an issue in the future.

Thank Orioleman. If this is true then good for the company for not screwing the non-revs. Sidebar: If the Dodgers don't sign that Chapman kid I hope Baltimore signs him instead of the Yankees or Red Sox. He seems like the real deal. Great young pitching talent.

The PHX hub (as in the airport, not the domicile for F/As) is painting parking places for the 767 in preparations for diversions on the HNL flight.
It's only speculation, and as yet no one on the ramp in PHX has been briefed in widebody ops.

Hey FlyonWall, not to get into a name calling pissing contest with you, but whatever it is that makes you look "stupid" has nothing to do with the terminology that may be used back here in the east as to how the industry defines as a "line of flying." But thanks for the info. Who knows? Maybe one day you'll get the chance to work a 767 before we retire them. Until then... :rolleyes:

Well, being based in PHL I unfortunately fly that POS pretty often. How sad that you find working Chitty Chitty Bang Bang an achievement- you must be from PIT.

Hopefully you learn terminology outside of your own small world before we retire you.

It was a pre planned stop. They had extra parts and equipment, Jack stands etc. for HNL.

As for PHX training a bunch of MX has been through the 767 Gen Fam clases.

Could they be taking a few tires and brakes out there to have on hand if needed?

Hey is it possible to get management to send some A330 parts from PHX to PHL for similar situations? Being that the A330 never goes to PHX and all. :lol: So day two huh? And are we hauling heavy equipment today too? :rolleyes:

Didn't the Ops Engineering geniuses calculate what the expected fuel burn would be based on historical seasonal winds? This is really embarrassing, it makes US Airways look really amateurish and incompetent. Yesterday, for instance, the return flight to CLT was more than an hour late, resulting in numerous missed connections. This is also deceitful, advertising non-stop service, and then making routine fuel stops in LAX. And, it's a tremendous waste of jet fuel ($), rendering this flight a money-loser. Can't this company ever do anything right? Perhaps the A330-200 would be the right choice for this route.

Well, being based in PHL I unfortunately fly that POS pretty often. How sad that you find working Chitty Chitty Bang Bang an achievement- you must be from PIT.

Hopefully you learn terminology outside of your own small world before we retire you.
No I'm actually Philly based. Been here a long time.

This is really embarrassing, it makes US Airways look really amateurish and incompetent. Yesterday, for instance, the return flight to CLT was more than an hour late, resulting in numerous missed connections. .
This is from the highest paid management team in the industry. I guess you don't get what you pay for at USAirways :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back