Flight Attendant Picketing to begin next week

Sounds like weather might have been a problem -- overturned trailer homes in Haltom City wound up being much sexier for the 6pm news and Startlegram than a bunch of APFA members with picket signs...

video

Flight attendants at American Airlines Inc. kicked off a series of demonstrations to protest executive bonuses with a rally outside the carrier's Fort Worth headquarters Friday.

Sabrina Wash and about 200 other flight attendants kicked off a series of demonstrations over executive bonuses Friday at American Airlines' Fort Worth headquarters.

About 200 flight attendants gathered on American's parking lot to denounce the bonuses and chant slogans like "Arpey got the gold mine, we got the shaft" and "Hey, hey, ho, ho, executive bonuses gotta go."

story here

This quote says it all from the LA times; "It's going to get nasty," said Michael Boyd, an industry consultant. The airlines "have really messed this up. The employees worked hard, gave back and it looks like management is basically saying, 'Thanks for the giveback, suckers.

I will be picketing with the flight attendants on tuesday in support and I don't care if they are AFL/CIO or not. Support the issue not the concerns of our lackluster TWU leaders who are more concerned with self.

In reference to shared scarifice, The more we sacrifice, the more shares they get!

In the last four years I have flown with a different Captain on nearly every trip.

100% of them have a universal contempt and lack of faith in AA's leadership after 9/11. This includes many former "company men".

If there are any hired weasels monitoring comments on the internet, please feel free to pass my comments up the chain.

If there are any hired weasels monitoring comments on the internet, please feel free to pass my comments up the chain.
Well my local twu president monitors my postings(told me), and considering the twu is really tight with management, maybe he can help you out. :up: ;)

The emails I have received from APFA reg. this picketing on the 17th indicate wearing your(AA) uniform. Since I'm one of the furloughed "sacrificial lambs" (Class 2001-06 and 2001-07) as well as one of the many furloughed FAs still wondering why the union has ignored us, I cannot wear the uniform. Therefore, I cannot participate in this picketing.

THB has done nothing, absolutely _nothing_ for the furloughess. My emails on recalls were dismissed, and when a classmate of mine spoke to Tommie personally in LGA, all she got was, "You need a hug."

So, we cannot participate in this info picketing. None of the AA furloughess(and this includes former TWA fas) that I have spoken to in the east coast are going to participate either.

OK, Do you feel better now? So any AMT'S or pilots can't show up since they have no AA F/A uniform. Stop complaining and show up if you want to. If you don't want to then stay home. Problem solved. Either way, stop complaining.

The emails I have received from APFA reg. this picketing on the 17th indicate wearing your(AA) uniform. Since I'm one of the furloughed "sacrificial lambs" (Class 2001-06 and 2001-07) as well as one of the many furloughed FAs still wondering why the union has ignored us, I cannot wear the uniform. Therefore, I cannot participate in this picketing.

THB has done nothing, absolutely _nothing_ for the furloughess. My emails on recalls were dismissed, and when a classmate of mine spoke to Tommie personally in LGA, all she got was, "You need a hug."

So, we cannot participate in this info picketing. None of the AA furloughess(and this includes former TWA fas) that I have spoken to in the east coast are going to participate either.

It's pretty sad that Southwest flight attendants are willing to walk the picket line with the AA employees, but those with an axe to grind won't.

My point exactly, some on here would rather complain than act.

"I will be picketing with the flight attendants on tuesday in support and I don't care if they are AFL/CIO or not. Support the issue not the concerns of our lackluster TWU leaders who are more concerned with self."

You would care if it had been you stapled to the bottom.

Back