Flt 1549

All I can say is Wow, bloody nose, and a safe landing from a horrible situation, and he doesn't know how much emotional distress he has suffered?

Uhmm...I'd say if he was a man, He would thank his blessings that all he got was a bloody nose, and survived what may have been a pretty tragic situation. I guess instead he is going to crawl into a corner in the fetal position and have small tremors and convulsions, hoping to get his million dollar payout. I would hope any judge would throw it out at the first sight.

After reading the full article, it's nice to hear there are some decent minded individuals. Look at the situation as it is, and are thankful they are alive.

Now I'll be the first, to say that if there was a mechanical reason, out of negligence that caused this aircraft to loose power to both engines, that these people should be compensated.

BUT if the power loss is completely due to "an act of god" I.E. who's gonna control a flock of birds???? (and don't give me crap that the pilots should have seen them and swerved, IT AIN"T GONNA HAPPEN, NOR IS IT POSSIBLE, OR EXPECTED) Then those passengers have to be expected to take some of the burden of risk within themselves. For godsakes your climbing into an aluminum tube, which your going to climb 7 miles above the earth and travel at .80 the speed of sound. I'm sorry, crap happens, and you deal with it.

Well here we go again.

By Gary Stoller, USA TODAY
Many US Airways (LCC) passengers who endured a crash landing in the Hudson River 12 days ago say they appreciate the $5,000 that the airline has offered — but some say it's not enough.

Joe Hart, a salesman from Charlotte who suffered a bloody nose and bruises, says he "would like to be made whole for the incident."

It's too soon after the accident to determine what emotional distress he has suffered, he says.

Article Here

Looks like the Pine Man was WRONG

He should sue the birds. Or maybe the US government for not making the air safe. Or maybe the Canadians for not keeping their birds within their country! Yeah, that's it.

Man, lawyer's fees must have really dropped over the last few years without many accidents.

What a jerk.

I just watched "The O'Reilly Factor" myself to see what he was (to use his words) bloviating about. He was screaming that it was "both" engines that suffered compressor stalls on the 13th. He kept emphasizing the plural.

Wasn't it just the one (the right)? AND wasn't that the same engine that remained on the aircraft and ingested the heaviest amount according to the NTSB?

He stated that "if the engines were operating normally, they could just buzz through the birds". :shock: I never thought the man was THAT ignorant.

Joe Hart, a salesman from Charlotte who suffered a bloody nose and bruises, says he "would like to be made whole for the incident."
How much you wanna bet he WASN'T in his brace position??

He should sue the birds. Or maybe the US government for not making the air safe. Or maybe the Canadians for not keeping their birds within their country! Yeah, that's it.

aow6vm59dh4a.jpg

Does anybody have a Facebook account? If you do, could you please tell Michael, apparently a FA for DL, that he is greatly misinformed?

Michael wrote
on January 23, 2009 at 4:52pm

Interesting seeing how those US Air flight attendants made several mistakes which could have cost the lives of those passengers. For one it has been stated several times that the flight attendant in the aft attempted to open the back doors causing water to rush in before the door was closed and that they seemed to be running around confused and paniced [sic].

Linkage

Those people on Facebook have no clue what their talking about. Somebody just posted an article from the People’s Weekly World (affiliated with the Communist Party USA) that is a complete fabrication.

“Flight attendants are highly trained safety and security professionals. The successful evacuation was an overwhelming example of the need for union flight attendants on aircraft,â€￾ declared Patricia Friend, president of the AFA-CWA. Friend said her union provides flight attendants with extensive training on emergency evacuations, and noted that each year union members undergo additional training to ensure proficiency.

Back