Free at last, free at last. Thank God almighty.

delldude

Veteran
Oct 29, 2002
Downrange
www.youtube.com
Man with acute vision into the reality of progressive liberalism.....

La. State Senator Explains Why He Recently Left the ‘Government Plantation’ & Joined GOP

“You see, in recent history, the Democrat party has created the illusion that their agenda and their policies are what’s best for black people,” Guillory said. “Somehow it has been forgotten that the Republican party was founded in 1854 as an abolitionist movement, with one simple creed: that slavery is a violation of the rights of man.”
The former Democrat explained that Frederick Douglass called Republicans the “party of freedom and progress.” He also pointed out that former Republican President Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation and Republicans in Congress wrote the Thirteenth, Fourteenth and Fifteenth Amendments.
“The Democrats, on the other hand, were the party of Jim Crow,” Guillory added. “It was the Democrats who defended the rights of slave owners.”
He went on: “You see, at the heart of liberalism, is the idea that only a great and powerful big Government can be the benefactor of social justice for all Americans. But the left is only concerned with one thing: control. And they disguise this control as charity.”
http://www.theblaze....powerful-video/

Disingenuous at best to claim the GOP of today has anything in common with its Civil War and 13th, 14th 15th Amendment era ancestor. Equally disingenuous to compare today's Democratic party with the party of Jim Crow.

Even the last bit, about control, and expressing this control, is only a reminder that the 21st century GOP is all about government control of what should be individual choices, based on its unholy alliance with the religious right, and charity for big corporations, big money, and those sons and daughters of the establishment who already have.

I guess the pap in the quote probably sounds good to a party if people who officially oppose the concept of critical thought, but one is left wondering what his real motivations are.

Disingenuous at best to claim the GOP of today has anything in common with its Civil War and 13th, 14th 15th Amendment era ancestor. Equally disingenuous to compare today's Democratic party with the party of Jim Crow.

Even the last bit, about control, and expressing this control, is only a reminder that the 21st century GOP is all about government control of what should be individual choices, based on its unholy alliance with the religious right, and charity for big corporations, big money, and those sons and daughters of the establishment who already have.

I guess the pap in the quote probably sounds good to a party if people who officially oppose the concept of critical thought, but one is left wondering what his real motivations are.

I had to look up the article to make sure you were not joking about his statement. That guy is a complete idiot if he thinks the republicans/democrats of the late 1800's early 1900's are the same as today.If he is that ignorant, the RNC can have him.

Reactions: 2 people
I had to look up the article to make sure you were not joking about his statement. That guy is a complete idiot if he thinks the republicans/democrats of the late 1800's early 1900's are the same as today.If he is that ignorant, the RNC can have him.
RepubliRats and DemoRats are pretty much indistinguishable.
Did you miss the last years of Nobama and Bush?
What is the difference?

:p

No I have not missed the last 13 years but I fail to see how that has anything to do with what I posted. Guillory needs a history lesson if he thinks the parties today are the same parties of the 1800's/1900's

Reactions: 2 people
No I have not missed the last 13 years but I fail to see how that has anything to do with what I posted. Guillory needs a history lesson if he thinks the parties today are the same parties of the 1800's/1900's

And the country isn't the same now as it was then, so what's your lame point?

Man with acute vision into the reality of progressive liberalism.....

La. State Senator Explains Why He Recently Left the ‘Government Plantation’ & Joined GOP

http://www.theblaze....powerful-video/

Well, looking at the old Dudes Age,.......then factoring in where he's lived all those years, ....It's a Safe-Bet that what we've got here is ...Acute case of ......... 'Stockholm Syndrome' !

Old sayin'...............".You never miss your water till' your well goes Dry"..Doesn't apply to the.......petrified ol' Codger,.......because I'm guessin' that..........the old dude Never had much 'Water' to begin with. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Safe bet, that if the ol' fella walked into the Augusta National Golf Club via the front door, .......someone would politely inform him, that the service entrance (for the help) was around BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Dog, someone said he's a third cousin to ..... ' 9 9 9 ' (uncle) HERMAN.