From a US Airways pilot to a AWA pilot

I know it was 100 degrees in Phoenix today, so I hate to but a damper on your Fantasyland mirage. Better move to Texas because that award is about to have a chainsaw taken to it. As for the financial "train" , say what? Like you guys make a huge amount more? Again, that heat must be getting to you. That half-baked mentality is making you look only at the short term future. Get used to being trapped like sand rats in the desert. It's a prickly issue for sure, but like USA320PILOT said, get used to 50 retirements a year and no growth. West is not where the money is, East is.

Later,
Eye

I don't live in PHX and I am in no fantasy land EYE you are!! Who is going to operate this chainsaw you speak of?? ALPA national?? Under what authority?? Who would pay the DFR suit?? You broke ass east boys?? Please you played your hand you bluffed and got called. Time to show your cards eye cause were're holding the all the aces. Have you seen the lastest pairings?? More west flts out of CLT and PHL. The company is on to your BS as well EYE and the game is almost over for you.

Keep living and playing out that dream, oh and when you figure out whose going to operate that chainsaw lets us know would you?? :p

Prediction:
Parker, in a quest to save the airline, proposes a growth plan based on a ratio that preserves jobs on both sides of the country with the understanding that only a certain percentage can transfer left and right for a peroid of X years, or a growth of Y percent in block hours. After a period of years, the flying ratio dissolves and the listis the list.

This will allow BOTH sides to enjoy a career.

Either that or Parker will merge the airline again ASAP.

From what we've seen and heard that latter is true. There is certain to be another merger.

I promise you: There will be substantial Pilot furloughs and down grades within the next five years.

Then you should be right at home wouldn't you say???

From what we've seen and heard that latter is true. There is certain to be another merger.

Notice you don't hear much anymore about fixing PHL? I think it's already on the chopping block; the proverbial sacrifice to the DOJ anti-trust gods. The DAL lec chair I spoke with last week emphasized that the DAL pilots simply did not believe it when Parker said there would be no pilot jobs cut. Well, Parker won't make that same mistake twice. If there's any cutting to be done to facilitate the next merger, you can take it to the bank it'll be coming out of the East system and not the West's or the other partner.

You keep leaving out two very important words in your rethoric. Drop in the words "ACTIVE" for your 2 yr. and "FURLOUGHED" for the 18 yr pilot in your example. Do you see a difference anywhere there?

You're right the policy doesn't say anything about relative niether. I'm not saying DOH wouldn't work on most mergers, just not on this one. Why? because the desparancys between the dates of hires of both groups would create a staple job for one group of ACTIVE pilots. That's why relative works! there's no windfall for either side of ACTIVES. Now what you keep trying to include is the furloughees in that group. All you have to do is look back at past mergers, where are furloughes usually slotted? Is it fair what Siegal and Wolf did to you guys? Hell yes, it's sucks, I remember that weasal when he was running Continenal Express. I can't answer weather my expectations weigh more than yours, but the arbitrator did. He kept pre-merger expectations and that's what the policy dictates, no more no less.

Interesting, the ALPA merger policy makes no distinction between your "active and furloughed" game. You press semantics in order to steal seniority from us. Further, I have been back from furlough since December of 06. Therefore, I too enjoy "active" statues-what ever the heck that means.
I noticed your choice of words: "All you have to do is look back at past mergers, where are furloughes usually slotted?" Yet you acknowledge the unusual nature of this merger.

I'm sorry that my many years of service, active or otherwise, are cause for such distress to you. But just because you are junior is no fault of my own. And at this stage of my career, I'm not in the mood to give anything, you'll simply just have to earn it-just like everyone else in this business.

Seems there is more than one weasel in your post.

Prediction:
Parker, in a quest to save the airline, proposes a growth plan based on a ratio that preserves jobs on both sides of the country with the understanding that only a certain percentage can transfer left and right for a peroid of X years, or a growth of Y percent in block hours. After a period of years, the flying ratio dissolves and the listis the list.

This will allow BOTH sides to enjoy a career.

Either that or Parker will merge the airline again ASAP.
And you agree with this? You HP guys scare ME

I'm sorry that my many years of service, active or otherwise, are cause for such distress to you. But just because you are junior is no fault of my own. And at this stage of my career, I'm not in the mood to give anything, you'll simply just have to earn it-just like everyone else in this business.

You were appropriately placed on the combined U/HP list.

And you agree with this? You HP guys scare ME

john john,
The ones on here are arrogant and are about to get their hat handed to them. They just don't get that they cannot get away with stealing (yes, stealing) seniority. ALPA national gets this; now what they do with this problem remains to be seen. US East pilots aren't going to allow this list on property. The sooner they realize it and start working towards a fair solution the better it will be for all. If not, let the games begin.

Later,
Eye

Yup!....that's where the real money is to be made. Parker is not interested in running an airline. Isn't that obvious? Look how he is treating our very frequent flyers. I bet he hopes another merger takes place before this airline self destructs. I've talked to some East people and the mood is that they don't care anymore because Parker doesn't care.

US East pilots aren't going to allow this list on property.
Later,
Eye

You have no say in whether the list is "allowed". The list is final, case closed. Your only recourse is the courts as aquagreen has correctly stated in previous posts. Take care.

Interesting, the ALPA merger policy makes no distinction between your "active and furloughed" game. You press semantics in order to steal seniority from us. Further, I have been back from furlough since December of 06. Therefore, I too enjoy "active" statues-what ever the heck that means.
I noticed your choice of words: "All you have to do is look back at past mergers, where are furloughes usually slotted?" Yet you acknowledge the unusual nature of this merger.

Wow you're really pissed. I too am sorry, I'm sorry the arbitrator slotted you accordinly due to what you brought to the party. I didn't steal anything. I was here when this showdown happened, where were you? You're trying to win back (or should I use your word, steal back) all that you lost on my back, sorry not gonna happen.

What's funny is that I tend to agree with you on some things and yet you lash out at me for nothing more than defending my same place on the list. If years of service as you describe was so important then why don't all cariers (Delta, Continental, American etc.) take it into account when you get hired? Why would they put someone as highly experienced as you behind some kid from the class before who just came out of a small turboprop? I'll give you the last word on this, I'm finished.

BTW, welcome back.

Hey, whatever floats your beanie. Fact is get used a change in that list or keep the status quo. That being you stay West, the US guys will stay East. Let's get the party started.

Later,
Eye

You have no say in whether the list is "allowed". The list is final, case closed. Your only recourse is the courts as aquagreen has correctly stated in previous posts. Take care.

john john,
The ones on here are arrogant and are about to get their hat handed to them. They just don't get that they cannot get away with stealing (yes, stealing) seniority. ALPA national gets this; now what they do with this problem remains to be seen. US East pilots aren't going to allow this list on property. The sooner they realize it and start working towards a fair solution the better it will be for all. If not, let the games begin.

Later,
Eye
I did not steal seniority. My seniority let me bid 737 FO and guess what? My seniority still lets me hold 737 FO on the new list. Stealing seniority would have meant jumping ahead of someone who held a better position than what I can hold. I may not have longevity but you know 15 longevity only got a pilot a bottom feeder position on the East list anyway.

I did not steal seniority. My seniority let me bid 737 FO and guess what? My seniority still lets me hold 737 FO on the new list. Stealing seniority would have meant jumping ahead of someone who held a better position than what I can hold. I may not have longevity but you know 15 longevity only got a pilot a bottom feeder position on the East list anyway.

Have you looked at our latest bid? Are you sure you would only be able to hold 733 F/O if the the airline is combined? The AWA guys slotted in my class can only hold a 737/AB/757 F/O bid in PHX/LAS, but would be able to hold 737/AB capt in PHL,DCA,LGA or BOS, E-190 capt in PHL. I would have to reread the widebody protections, but if age 60 goes away they can hold A330 secondary block in PHL, or 76I block in PHL.

Oh Stop it B737, that makes too much sense :up:

Yes and Yes.

Well, I guess you are not in as good a positon as some of your coworkers. I see it as the guys put right in front of me got a windfall. Either way, nobody "stole" anything. A gift from crazy old St. Nic maybe, but not a theft.

Back