Good Luggage

happy01

Advanced
Sep 21, 2007
I need some advice from the seasoned travellers, baggage handlers, or anybody with an opinion. I'm travelling this weekend and need to buy a suitcase, because my last one was demolished by the airline(it literally looked like it was hit with a sledge hammer). I've had a Samsonite soft side extendable handle w/wheels, and the handle(even though it wasn't extended) was smashed literally splintered and unusable. Then I tried the cute designer suitcase, spent a lot of money, and the wheels and stand on the bottom were literally snapped off. I know suitcases don't last forever, but I'd like them to last more than one trip. Both incidents were on different carriers, and the damage wasn't covered because it wasn't considered part of the suitcase. Any recommendations are appreciated.

I need some advice from the seasoned travellers, baggage handlers, or anybody with an opinion. I'm travelling this weekend and need to buy a suitcase, because my last one was demolished by the airline(it literally looked like it was hit with a sledge hammer). I've had a Samsonite soft side extendable handle w/wheels, and the handle(even though it wasn't extended) was smashed literally splintered and unusable. Then I tried the cute designer suitcase, spent a lot of money, and the wheels and stand on the bottom were literally snapped off. I know suitcases don't last forever, but I'd like them to last more than one trip. Both incidents were on different carriers, and the damage wasn't covered because it wasn't considered part of the suitcase. Any recommendations are appreciated.

If you can get your hands on a Globetrotter brand suitcase it will be the last case you'll ever need to buy. Be prepared to shell out a few pennies though.

GLAD ForceFlex®

The bag has a unique diamond texture that stretches around objects to help prevent rips and tears, so you can fill it, stretch it and stuff it with just about anything.

Soon to be in matching colors..... :p

A friend of mine purchased a very expensive, hard-sided--like Delsey--suitcase several years ago. The first trip he took it on A TRIP, the bag was returned to him on the luggage carousel with a two inch hole neatly punched in the side of the bag. :lol:

There is no such thing as a bag we (the airline industry) can not destroy. BWAH HAH HAH! :shock: :lol:

A friend of mine purchased a very expensive, hard-sided--like Delsey--suitcase several years ago. The first trip he took it on A TRIP, the bag was returned to him on the luggage carousel with a two inch hole neatly punched in the side of the bag. :lol:

There is no such thing as a bag we (the airline industry) can not destroy. BWAH HAH HAH! :shock: :lol:
I know they're not indestructible, but I really thought they would last more than one trip. Geesh. I know things happen, but what the heck happens that a hard sided bag ends up with a hole in the side of it? I was actually thinking of trying the Delsey line next, but maybe I'll save my pennies for the Globetrotter that was recommended. I'll be saving for a long time though.

Latest posts