Good Move By Delta

skyflyr69

Senior
Dec 11, 2002
Delta Orders Classier, Sexier Uniforms
Cash-strapped Delta Air Lines has ordered up a makeover of its employee uniforms, hiring a big-name designer who promises a classier--and in some cases, sexier--look for flight attendants, airport agents and other workers.....
FANTASTIC! i think the industry needs to get back to the good ol' days of sexy,smiley,happy looking f/a's. :up: :up: :up:

skyflyr69 said:
Delta Orders Classier, Sexier Uniforms
Cash-strapped Delta Air Lines has ordered up a makeover of its employee uniforms, hiring a big-name designer who promises a classier--and in some cases, sexier--look for flight attendants, airport agents and other workers.....
FANTASTIC! i think the industry needs to get back to the good ol' days of sexy,smiley,happy looking f/a's. :up: :up: :up:
I'm sure the pilots will give concessions now. NOT!

With its $1billion loss in 2003, I really find it hard to justify this. I also think its great to bring style back to the airline industry, as song is attempting to do. But to spend all this money on something so frivilous at a critcal time at Delta? I disagree with this "good move".

:unsure:

Agreed. It seems like this would be a dubious expense given the current financial picture.

Can a new paint job for the fleet be far behind? :rolleyes:

We are being told that the change over will be in 2006. I am not sure about the overall costs, but we currently are given a yearly allotment for replacing our current uniforms. Assuming the we keep the same quality in the new uniforms that we have in the old, the change over could zero sum out. -i.e. instead of replacing the old with the old, we replace the old style with the new style.

aislehopper said:
We are being told that the change over will be in 2006. I am not sure about the overall costs, but we currently are given a yearly allotment for replacing our current uniforms. Assuming the we keep the same quality in the new uniforms that we have in the old, the change over could zero sum out. -i.e. instead of replacing the old with the old, we replace the old style with the new style.
As a passenger, I am not concerned with how stylish their uniforms are, I just want to be transported safely, in relative comfort.

If they make a profit selling off their 737-800 delivery slots along with some brand new 777's - that should about cover the new uniforms.

coolflyingfool said:
If they make a profit selling off their 737-800 delivery slots along with some brand new 777's - that should about cover the new uniforms.
That, however, is like using one credit card to pay off another credit card.

We at NW have been hearing the rumor for some time that after we join SkyTeam with KLM and CO in the summer that all arilines in the alliance would go to a similar uniform to make "Team Members" stand out as unified. So we may get a red accent, while DL and KL and KE may get a bluish one and Alitalia get green, etc. I know we here at NW haven't had a new uniform for our customer service personnel in over 10 years (F/A's, CSA'S, Rampers, etc.) And management has told us they really want to update our image, so maybe its the truth for a change!

Latest posts

Back