GOP's (constant) " NO - NO - NO " reward

You can document GOP recess appointments while Senate not in recess?

You right here and now support going around the Constitution?

El Douche Bag is an ass.....

obama-fascist.jpg

Well No dell, I can't document ALL "171" recess appointments made by EL CHIMPO :wacko: !

I belive the "BIG O" has only made "30" .

The Pro Forma BS that the Dems pulled on Bush in 2006/7 is the same BS the republicans are pulling now. I'm glad Obama called them on it. May be the courts will weigh in on this and settle it.

This BS is right out of COTUS which you hold so dear to your heart.

Yeah maybe that's the best way.....it's an impeachable offense.

The difference between Obama and all the other former POTUS is that he's the only one who has dared to do a recess appointment while Congress was not in session. Apparently he has taken it on himself to redefine what "in session" means, but that's not his right.

And yes, that could be seen as an impeachable offense. I heard the same on Angry White Man Radio earlier in the week.

Look !
BOTH sides have played this game FOREVER, and i doubt it will stop anytime soon.

But every once in a while, a squeaky clean man/woman gets nominated and get's SHAFTED purely because of Politics. This time it's the REPUGS. who are looking like arse HOLES.

This guy Cordray has got recommendations up the ying-yang from OHIO liberals AND conservatives alike.
I WANT a guy like him....Busting Pay Day lenders and credit card Banks from charging MAFIA like interest charges.

Sorry dell, ..It IS what it IS !!!

It isn't Cordray.....

The difference between Obama and all the other former POTUS is that he's the only one who has dared to do a recess appointment while Congress was not in session. Apparently he has taken it on himself to redefine what "in session" means, but that's not his right.

And yes, that could be seen as an impeachable offense. I heard the same on Angry White Man Radio earlier in the week.

I assume you meant while Congress was in session. He is entitled to challenge e something he disagrees with. He can not decide if it is legal or not but he can challenge it. The court will decided the legality of it if it goes that far. I have my doubts whether the GOP will challenge it. Then they will have to explain how they voted for the consumer protection group but have now decided not to allow the position to be filled.

Politics is like Chess. You need to look several moves in advance. Seems like none of these idiots are good at that. IN this case it appears the GOP did not play this one out before they acted.

It is not an impeachable offense till a court hands down a ruling and Obama violates it. Presidents have gone against Congress on numerous occasions. There is a court hearing/trial and then a decision is handed down. Should the courts decide that Obama was wrong and he still keeps what's his face as the head of a duly enacted body then one could argue that it is an impeachable of offense. Personally I do not see how a session of Congress lasting for 30 seconds (literally) can or should be considered 'in session'.

There is a Congressional remedy for this particular situation.

Congress appropriates funding. So all that need happen is for Congress to refuse funding for this new bureaucracy and the NLRB and POOF, He can do all of the recess appointments his little heart desires but the paper they're printed on is about as useless as Charmin without funding.

When you actually FOLLOW all of the COTUS then things get easier. Just like the Iraq & Afghanistan Wars, Congress could have refused to fund them, cutting Bush and Obama off at the knees. The POTUS, as Commander in Chief of the Military has a pretty free reign when it come to foreign adventurism. However like anyone else if you don't got the dough you can't go.

The above is why Obama Lama Ding Dong is doing this. He doesn't like being told what he can and can't do by Congress.

And what Congress does has to be signed into law by the President, and ever hear of something called a Veto?

And the Right doesnt have the votes to override a veto in the Senate.

And insulting the President by calling him names really shows your lack of credibility and shows your dislike while taking away your objectivity and driving others away who would normally support your views.

And what Congress does has to be signed into law by the President, and ever hear of something called a Veto?

And the Right doesnt have the votes to override a veto in the Senate.

And insulting the President by calling him names really shows your lack of credibility and shows your dislike while taking away your objectivity and driving others away who would normally support your views.

Stick around! See if you like this one better. The Back Bench Junior Senator posing as President.

As the debt mounts, we shall see in Congress can override a veto. Here's an interesting Graphic for the Hope & Change Crowd.

View attachment 9297

The numbers aren't quite right as we are now 15 Trillion in Debt with 6.5 of it coming during the regime of the Empty Suit. However, the graphic is essentially on point when it comes to evaluating the performance of the Empty Suit living in the white House.

Total Net Debt as of January 5.2012 = $15,236,542,247,490.89
Actual Debt 1789 to January 19th, 2009 = $10,628,881,485,510.23
Debt Incurred Under the Empty Suit = $4,608,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx.xx

The graphic while admittedly biased does drive home the correct point, that under the Great Pretender we as a nation have gone from a GDP to Debt Ratio in the 60% Range to just over 100%. This has been historically unsustainable without a crushing market correction ala Greece or the collapse of the USSR.

There is a Congressional remedy for this particular situation.

Congress appropriates funding. So all that need happen is for Congress to refuse funding for this new bureaucracy and the NLRB and POOF, He can do all of the recess appointments his little heart desires but the paper they're printed on is about as useless as Charmin without funding.

That is the crux of the dilemma......Congress cannot stop funding the CFPB. Its funded and

under the Federal Reserve. Pretty slick, eh'?

SO now we have basically an illegal department of the government non funded by the government....wonder what other things CFPB will come up with that could be legislatively unstoppable?

That is the crux of the dilemma......Congress cannot stop funding the CFPB. Its funded and

under the Federal Reserve. Pretty slick, eh'?

SO now we have basically an illegal department of the government non funded by the government....wonder what other things CFPB will come up with that could be legislatively unstoppable?

And if you're NOT voting for Ron Paul it means you agree with the current structure and actions implemented

And if you're NOT voting for Ron Paul it means you agree with the current structure and actions implemented

You start to sound like 777 fixer and his double helix koolaide.

Assume dude......assume.

You into George Soros by chance?

Paul isn't large enough to take on the Fed.

He'd be found slumped over his steering wheel.

Congress (republicans) are not going to vote against a Consumer protection department that they voted for in the first place. They figured that they could vote for the legislation and then sink an appointment the the very department they supported. Now they are faced with going up against the president in an election year and would have to explain to the voters why they do not want to allow a department to have a leader who is supported by both conservatives and liberals. Yea, that will play just great during an election cycle. The republicans did not look a few moves ahead on this one and it would appear that they just got stomped.

Back