Guest Pass (mis)behavior

Nov 17, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I have to wonder if people really take the time to explain to their guest pass travelers how this system actually is set up.

I can understand the occasional "oh CRAP!! I wore jeans!" I can forgive that.
I can understand the flip flops every now and again.

...what I can't understand for the life of me is how these crazy people traveling SA7P who act like they just came off the Jerry Springer set are always showing up and asking me for compensation , demanding upgrades, and wanting hotel vouchers - - and then not understanding when I am telling them there is no compensation for a guest pass when you don't get on .

No, you can't see my supervisor. No, you can't see her supervisor.

HELLO??!?! THERE is a REASON why you paid 64.75 for your round trip ticket from here to LAX!! Non revs get on LAST.

Who is even giving them these passes? Certainly it's not someone who values their flight benefits - - the only perk we practically have left....

I cannot tell you how many pissed off irate SA7P's I dealt with this week. . .

TACKY!!!!

The other day we had to remove 10 pax for weight and balance out of PHL 3 which were non-revs. One of them sure had a mouth on her.

At AA, if a non-rev misbehaves, the employee who gave them the pass can lose their own travel privileges for a short time up to permanently. I heard there was one pilot who lost his travel benefits permanently because someone he gave a pass to got drunk on a flight to London (I suspect that he had already started drinking before he boarded) and behaved so badly that they had to put the plane down in Gander to remove the non-rev.

I usually have all 8 guest passes unused at the end of the year. Unless someone wants one for a DCA-LGA-BOS shuttle trip, I won't even relinquish one. And I NEVER give one to anybody that is not a trusted, well-behaved family member or a very close personal friend whose behavior I am very familiar with. On those rare occasion, I lecture extensively about their lack of status, their lack of entitlement to anything at all, their inability to demand anything and that any perceived misbehavior or ill manners will cause the pass to be canceled with no recourse whatsoever.

If you deal with a Guest Pass and that individual has a bad attitude YOU can send a report to the PASS BUREAU via QIK. CTRL W and there is a PASS MASK . USE it and I am sure something will happen

Hola. I usually use about 4 of the 8 buddy passes each year. I only give them to close friends who I've known for years and family members that I can trust. A few years back, I made up on my computer a list of the rules and dress code. On my paper, I made the dress code rules stricter than what it really is, so even if my guests are a little bit lazy that day, they are still dressed correctly. And I won't let them bring anything larger than a rollerboard or check anything because I don't want to hear their mouths when/ if their bags get lost. :lol:

We had a woman and friend on buddy passes a few months back that got the last seats on a flt to PHX....she biotched and moaned about everything...refused to check her bag and delayed the flight. She should have been removed in CLT before we left. We did however get her name and the employees name who got them the passes and the station manager in PHX was WONDERFUL ! Gave us forms to document the incident and told us it would go the employees supervisor.......as far as my buddy passes---I quit giving them out after a friend got stuck in FLL and proceeded to get S-F drunk while waiting to get on a flight........I end every year w/ all 8 now.

Don't we have enough problems? Please, if someone misbehaves on a buddy pass, lean over, give them a warning and then write it up if they don't comply. No arguing, no talking, just write them up. The agents have enough to deal with, and when my parents fly, I don't want the agents already mad at some Nonrev and then transfer their anger to my well behaved, well briefed, well threatened parents. This is not an area that we have to mess with. I want to treat nonrevs like regular passengers or better. (more smiles), if we keep gettting wackos all of us suffer.

Brief your people, or like some of us, don't give out the buddy pass. I'll end this year with 8 also. If you don't brief your people and they misbehave, you deserve to lose your passes.

I usually have all 8 guest passes unused at the end of the year. Unless someone wants one for a DCA-LGA-BOS shuttle trip, I won't even relinquish one. And I NEVER give one to anybody that is not a trusted, well-behaved family member or a very close personal friend whose behavior I am very familiar with. On those rare occasion, I lecture extensively about their lack of status, their lack of entitlement to anything at all, their inability to demand anything and that any perceived misbehavior or ill manners will cause the pass to be canceled with no recourse whatsoever.

What he said. Only people I will let use mine are family. No one else.

Recently checked travel for a guest pass. Round trip from the north east to tpa this February. Guest pass was $88 round trip. Actual confirmed seat was $220. Easy choice!

I gave a pass to a friend one time and he started getting to feel
"disregarded" at the gate and threw a temper tandrum which would
have been unjustified for even a FF. He's just a jerk it turns out.
No more buddy passes.

How bout changing to the old HP idea. They had this thing called a companion
pass. It was $20/each way + tax implication, but you had to travel with them. One CSA used
it every year to send a bunch of disadvataged kids on a trip to LAS.

The actual buddy passes were, however the worst deal of any airline sometimes
approaching 60% of a discount fare.

I say bring back the companion pass. It solves the problem of goofy behavior
because you're right there with the person. Thanks BF

I heard someone was fired recently for selling them on craigslist.

Hahaha, we're so broke do you blame them for trying? Hahahaha....

:up:

Back