Guest Pass (mis)behavior

Thought I'd add a situation i saw transpire some time ago. I came in from the ramp to check the tkt. counter for any late bags and saw a 20's something woman going on a profanity-laden tirade to one of our agents. WOW, words as strong as a veteran sailor...F-bomb this... F-bomb that and loud enough for anybody in a 25 foot radius to hear clearly! Not only was she stopped in her tracks at the counter, she was ultimately arrested for threatening violence against the agent. I was standing there when this woman challenged the agent to a fist fight... very ghetto-like woman! Come to find out... she was travelling (or trying to travel) on a guest pass!!! WTF!!!

Atleast I'm one of the nicest SA7Ps...I've been in so many SOL situations this year and I have never lost my temper...I understood the risks when using a buddy pass and these friggin morons should as well...now if they experienced rude agents...they should walk to another gate or the special services desk and see if they could help...

I'm telling you traveling around as a SA7P is basically volunteering yourself to be treated as DIRT period...these morons need to understand that.

Shannon, thanks for bringing this up...it's time to crack down on the crackpots traveling around SA7P these days!

Hey I have treated you with nothing but kindness! Haha don't forget that, every time you come through PHX!

Here's a new one. Had the baggage agent come up today to see the manager about getting a letter for a buddy pass rider who is unable to get home by tomorrow to go to work. (She received a phone call or teletype with the info). He requested that our manager write a letter for him telling his boss that we were unable to get him home in a timely manner since all flights were full and he is stuck. Um, hello, its the week between Christmas and New Year. Maybe someone should have checked the flights better? My manager asked if someone was joking with her and then threw the request in the trash saying she has many more important things to do than to write an oops letter for a buddy pass rider.

Here's a new one. Had the baggage agent come up today to see the manager about getting a letter for a buddy pass rider who is unable to get home by tomorrow to go to work. (She received a phone call or teletype with the info). He requested that our manager write a letter for him telling his boss that we were unable to get him home in a timely manner since all flights were full and he is stuck. Um, hello, its the week between Christmas and New Year. Maybe someone should have checked the flights better? My manager asked if someone was joking with her and then threw the request in the trash saying she has many more important things to do than to write an oops letter for a buddy pass rider.

*thinks* That sounds like an elaborate excuse to use for school but the last time this happened I missed an exam and practically flunked midterms to pull a measly C minus average for the semester...imagine if Dougweiser wrote me an note :)

The quality of friends, relatives, and in-laws of employees is a reflection of the quality employees poverty wages attract.

I've been lucky, only had three really bad non-revs in the last six years; once every two years, not a bad average. I'll just list the top two....

Number one was an vacations employee that I was ticketing PHX-SAN at the counter, first got upset when I wouldn't move her niece up to SA1P with them since she is only on a buddy pass and not an eligible family member. Then she got upset when after getting all the ticketing done it was too late to check their bags. She kept screaming about how long she'd work for HP and how she knows that rules and I don't and hen she threw pencils at me. It was so bad that other tkt cntr agents documented her pnr and the tkt cntr manager could hear hear all the way back in her office. Surprisingly they made the flight which kinda bummed me - I didn't find out till a few days later that while they were in flight, the MOD was on the phone with the pass office; her benefits were pulled before she even landed! Called up the pnr the day after her skd return, turns out she threw such a fit when she tried to check in on her return and found out she was not eligible to fly that they had to call the cops on her and had her hauled off!

Number two was a SA7P that had been trying to go PHX-MSP. I was working the last flight of the day and luckily all the non-revs got seats before boarding began :) During boarding I get a call from the tower that they need an agent on board for an issue. I get down, turns out this 7P had parked herself in f/c and wouldn't move when the F/A asked her to. She said she deserved to be there since she had to wait 9 hours to get a seat. It got to the point to were I had to flat out tell here that the plane will not move until she does. Finally she gets up and starts to move back when she mumbles something about "how she ought to slap that f*&@ing F/A." Well that was not the thing she should have said. I told her to turn around and march right off the plane and she was no longer welcome to fly with HP. She said I didn't have the power to do that, well the Captain over heard and said "Well you might think he doesn't, but I sure as hell do, now get off my damn plane!" She just sulked right off, up the jetway and left the boarding area. We canceled the ticket, marked it for refund only and turns out the both the Capt and the FA filed with the pass office and I got a a very nice thank you basket from the crew.

I gave a pass to a friend one time and he started getting to feel
"disregarded" at the gate and threw a temper tandrum which would
have been unjustified for even a FF. He's just a jerk it turns out.
No more buddy passes.

How bout changing to the old HP idea. They had this thing called a companion
pass. It was $20/each way + tax implication, but you had to travel with them. One CSA used
it every year to send a bunch of disadvataged kids on a trip to LAS.

The actual buddy passes were, however the worst deal of any airline sometimes
approaching 60% of a discount fare.

I say bring back the companion pass. It solves the problem of goofy behavior
because you're right there with the person. Thanks BF

Yes they need to bring back the companion pass. It was a cheaper way to bring freinds along and you could keep an eye on the behavior. haha

When you think about it this company will hire anything with two legs, and with the extreme turn-over rate no wonder you get animals with guest passes who don't care.

Back