Happiness Poll

While working in the Airline Industry, when were you the most happy?

• 1 Year Ago

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 Years Ago

• 5 Years Ago

• 10 Years Ago

• It comes and goes sometimes yes and sometimes no

• I've never been happy in this industry

• Total voters

Mtnman928

Advanced
May 12, 2004
Somewhere out West
Visit site
I was sitting in the doctor's office today reading a 10 month old Time Magazine and they had done an occupational survey of who was happiest in their work. On the top of the list where physicians and on the bottom gas station attendants. Airline pilots were listed as fourth and it said 49% of pilots were happy in their work.

Taking the question a little further and including all who work in the industry; I am curious if in fact are we still happy we are in this industry?

I was sitting in the doctor's office today reading a 10 month old Time Magazine and they had done an occupational survey of who was happiest in their work. On the top of the list where physicians and on the bottom gas station attendants. Airline pilots were listed as fourth and it said 49% of pilots were happy in their work.

Taking the question a little further and including all who work in the industry; I am curious if in fact are we still happy we are in this industry?

During the Ed Colodny days. I loved that man, he cared about the airline and the employees. I wonder how Ed would handle things today?

Things were definitely better pre 911.. If we could get back all we've given up since then, Im in! :lol:

I'd say the '97 through 2002 period. It is what I consider in just about all aspects ( and I knew it as such then ) my career apogee. The really negative repercussions of 9/11 didn't hit immediately ( though there were some adjustments ) but it more than made up for the delayed response with remarkable staying power that lasts to this day.

This survey is flawed. It doesn't offer the option of choosing more than ten years ago as a time one was happy.

I can't imagine too many people being happier now but it's possible. I tried to stay along the same lines as the original poll using the last two years for starters; then 5 years which seems to be prior to all the ill will in the industry and of course 10 years back in the heyday of the airlines and pre-9/11. I could have added more years but then the answer options would have been huge.

If you are happy as a Pig in S***. then just make that comment in a positing.

MM

Latest posts

Back