"HEADS UP"............BIG RED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080427/continental_no_merger.html

"THIS" should tell all the RED TAILS, what you ALREADY know,......................that you guys DO NOT need Delta,........BUT...........DELTA needs YOU !!!

You may remember a while back, that I.."opined"..that of the 6 Legacy's,...3 NEEDED another carrier,....and 3 DID NOT !

The 3 that do not, are..AA..CO, and NW.

This action by CO,..........proves it(Most will agree 99% that AA will now "sit and WAIT")

You guys DO NOT Need DELTA, who WANTS you to give up your VERY IDENTITY/CULTURE.

LET F***ING DELTA go and "deal" with United, or US Air !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS "NOT TOO LATE" to tell Dougie STEELIN"...to .."G-F-Y"..(first word ..go) !!!!!!!!!!
This CO news is VERY BAD for UAL.

Actually with CO not merging with UA this will actually make things easier for NW/DL.

Oberstar has been so vocal about a barrage of mergers starting that if it does not happen he has lost a key point of justification in his anti merger arguments.

CO seems to want to avoid a merger with anyone and is only interested in ATI.

There is no way AA can pull off both an ATI with CO and a partial/full acquisition of another carrier.

CO has now spoiled any merger moves for now and trust me the clock is running on any merger/ATI activity.

Couple that with DL/NW already filing the Hart Scott Radino (sp) and you could quite possibly have DL/NW pulling off the the biggest strategic airline move of the decade.

The big thing that can spoil the DL/NW move is a UA/US hookup. However as bad as labor has responded to the DL/NW hookup there will definitely be violence in a UA/US deal.

A combined UA/US technically could be larger with more attractive hubs, but does anyone here believe that mgmt from either carrier can pull this off with their track record for labor, systems, customer service.

Shares, smaller first class, plastic fantastic in first. Elites will be jumping ship like the Titanic.

Now that I think about it it perhaps DL is hoping Parker will drag UA down and they will be able to win juicy corporate contracts out of it.

It would be like Pan Am being bought by Trans meridian.

Better to put UA out of its misery and sell off the assets.

As the good people in MSP, wake up to their Monday Morning coffee(and this CO news) they WILL be asking themselves, local and FEDERAL politicians,................"Tell me again,.................WHY are we doing this Ill advised deal" ??????????

It's STILL Not too late for NW to WAKE UP, and PULL OUT of this Abortion(for NW) of a deal with DL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let DL..."DEAL" with the carriers who WANT to deal(like DL)..................UAL and LCC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ATTENTION..to ALL...NW Pilots.

It is my SINCERE HOPE,...that your group, read the recent release from Continental, and ask yourselves..."WHY...are WE letting a FAR lesser carrier(Like DL).......USE US,............repaint OUR Aircraft,.............Evaporate OUR looooong time HDQ's overnight, and...IMHO,............ALLOW them to STEAL OUR very CULTURE ???????????

NW-ALPA,

IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO PULL OUT OF THIS ILL ADVISED LOPSIDED DEAL !!!!!!!!!!!

THINK,.......LONG and HARD.

BIG RED needs YOU now, more than EVER before !!!!!!!!!!!

It is my SINCERE HOPE,...that your group, read the recent release from Continental, and ask yourselves..."WHY...are WE letting a FAR lesser carrier(Like DL).......USE US,............repaint OUR Aircraft,.............Evaporate OUR looooong time HDQ's overnight, and...IMHO,............ALLOW them to STEAL OUR very CULTURE ???????????

NW-ALPA,

You must be pro-union > :shock:

NW-ALPA,

Too Late :rolleyes:

Seriously Bear, if you're losing sleep over this there's help............

prd_11_29_PM.gif

You are starting to sound a little desperate Bear. What's the matter?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"luv2fly",

Obviously, from where you sit, you welcome the TAKEOVER of a carrier, with great Pacific route, a carrier that needs NO help, and a carrier that is being SOLD(out) by a co-conspiritor(with RA) named Doug Steenland.

JESUS, if I was in your position, I'd be happy as well. But the fact remains......................this "deal" does NOT pass the "smell" test.(and YES, I know that the employees of DL, did not initiate this thing) !

On a side note,...I'll be getting FREE unlimited passes on DL...very soon, though I really DON'T see myself flying from HOT-LANTA to Jackson Mississippi ..anytime soon :down: :down:

If this deal did not pass the smell test, the money people would not be backing it. NHBB, I think your love for NWA is blinding you to the realities of the day. The mergers are happening because they are needed. Maybe not this very minute...but maybe both DL and NW management are looking down the road a bit and being proactive.

We ALL need management that is more active and less reactive. Waiting until the shoe drops--because if we ignore it maybe it won't happen--is not managing.

Are you sure you know everything they know? (Oh, and the fact that the CO-UAL deal collapsed proves nothing except that the CO-UAL deal collapsed. It proves nothing regarding other mergers and other airlines.)

"luv2fly",

Obviously, from where you sit, you welcome the TAKEOVER of a carrier, with great Pacific route, a carrier that needs NO help, and a carrier that is being SOLD(out) by a co-conspiritor(with RA) named Doug Steenland.

JESUS, if I was in your position, I'd be happy as well. But the fact remains......................this "deal" does NOT pass the "smell" test.(and YES, I know that the employees of DL, did not initiate this thing) !

On a side note,...I'll be getting FREE unlimited passes on DL...very soon, though I really DON'T see myself flying from HOT-LANTA to Jackson Mississippi ..anytime soon :down: :down:

Bear---Are you talking about the announcement yesterday that NW/DL employees can start non-reving on each other May 6? I thought you were an AA retiree. How can you be getting free unlimited passes on DL?
Secondly, your disparaging jokes about DL are childish. You know DL has an extensive route system that can compete with any major airline's. I know this may be hard for you to believe but several of my NW FA friends are ecstatic about the merger, one saying he will not be sad at all to see the red tails being painted over.
(PS: ATL-JAN is now flown by ASA, Delta Connection.)

"luv2fly",

JESUS, if I was in your position, I'd be happy as well.
Why would I be happy? Mergers are never good from an integration standpoint. Seniority, or lack thereof is not a reason to be happy.
I wast just curious why you seem all worked up and yet you are a retired AA employee if I recall correctly?
You obviously have some connection to NW.

NHBB obviously hates Delta for whatever reason. Maybe they wouldn't hire him way back in the day. Who knows. I stopped reading his posts because they do not contain any information, only hate for Delta. He doesn't even work for an airline anymore. Time to move on and let the employees worry about things.

Status
Not open for further replies.