How can we tell where a previous aircraft is coming from?

With the old reservation system you could call US Airways and they could tell you where your incoming flight was coming from if it did not share the same flight number.

Is there a way to look up to see where a particular aircraft is at before it arrives at your airport.

Flight 1272 Departs Ft. Myers Florida around 1:10pm today and goes to DCA and then continues on to PHL. Is there a way to find out where this aircraft is BEFORE it arrives Ft. Myers? It has a different flight number and I don't know what that number is.

Also flight 742 which goes from PHL to BCN today departs PHL at 6:30pm today. Is there anyway to find out where this aircraft is coming from and what flight number that might be.

I am hoping that some one might have the answer to this.

FLIFO shows the upline flight number. You can follow the aircraft backwards that way.

Also in DECS you can check the routing of an aircraft by entering RGA196 the response will be the line of flight for that tail.

Hope this helps.

just go on pda.continental.com and you can look up where the flight is coming from. Oh, you were asking about a US Airways flight. Sorry, US isn't customer friendly enough to give you easy access to that information.

just go on pda.continental.com and you can look up where the flight is coming from. Oh, you were asking about a US Airways flight. Sorry, US isn't customer friendly enough to give you easy access to that information.
Gee why not?! They are both using SHARES, right?? :p

just go on pda.continental.com and you can look up where the flight is coming from...

Continental.com being the lone exception.

The following websites do not give this information either, in spite of their far superior backend GDS systems:

AA.com :shock:
Delta.com :shock:
nwa.com :shock:
southwest.com :shock:
united.com :shock:

In fact, southwest.com won't even allow one to enter the flight number.

I can't believe Doug Parker, John Romantic, and Joe Berry are such morons that they screwed up Sabre, Deltamatic, Worldspan, and Amadeus all on their own. :rolleyes:

Continental.com being the lone exception.

The following websites do not give this information either, in spite of their far superior backend GDS systems:

AA.com :shock:
Delta.com :shock:
nwa.com :shock:
southwest.com :shock:
united.com :shock:

In fact, southwest.com won't even allow one to enter the flight number.

I can't believe Doug Parker, John Romantic, and Joe Berry are such morons that they screwed up Sabre, Deltamatic, Worldspan, and Amadeus all on their own. :rolleyes:
Were does US SHARES get the information to track the flights and aircraft numbers and all aircraft positions

DECS, a Sabre function. It takes just a wee bit longer for the info get from DECS than it did to get to the RES side of Sabre.

Thank you thank you very much
Are you listening Barbell with out sabre SHARES is even worst
I would hate to see US operations without SABRE

Latest posts

Back