how do you want to board

etops1

Veteran
Dec 6, 2003
HOW DO YOU WANT TO BOARD?
Have you been using your flight benefits to non-rev this summer? Did you try out first-come/first-serve boarding on AWA metal and seniority boarding on US Airways metal? We want to know which you prefer and why. Send us an email at [email protected] and let us know which boarding process you'd like to see adopted at the combined company, a decision that's expected toward the end of the year. Remember: it's not a vote, but employee feedback is key, so let us know what you think of the different boarding methods

Time for me to vent. As a retiree, my 37+ years of service are down the drain. I understand that an employee commuting to work should have priority but an active employee going on vacation should be "date of hire". Why should an acticve employee have priority over a retiree for personal travel? Can anyone explain?

Time for me to vent. As a retiree, my 37+ years of service are down the drain. I understand that an employee commuting to work should have priority but an active employee going on vacation should be "date of hire". Why should an acticve employee have priority over a retiree for personal travel? Can anyone explain?
Hey Bud- give it up. You'll find very little sympathy from this crowd.

Watch out non-reving out of PHX our agents (US EAST) don't follow the rules, I was on an SA1 pass with 26 yrs sen. and was last to get on when I was first on the list, I called sys. skd to see if there were must rides or space positives on that flight there were none. Protect yourself day of departure, you can check the non-rev list. G*Lflt#/PALL this is for east only in sabre, and add *H to that to get date of hires. LMflt#/city to see non-rev list ahead of time.

the reason i posted this was because it was posted on today's "us daily". don't have too reply if you do not want to.

Well the way I see it is the west use their benefits for personal travel for the most part. A HUGE majority on the east use it as a means to get back and fourth to work. If it becomes hard for workers from the east that live on the west doesn't anyone think it will raise the amount of east employees just waiting to get into PHX. Though the amount is not as large as many west feared it's a big amount. I'm in my 10th year and feel that if it's personal travel a retiree who gave their years to this melting pot should NOT be put at the bottom. Though it would bump ME down I would accept it as it would be me someday. We have a simple case of two different companies with different cultures and ways of thinking. Seniority on the east is all we know and are barely hanging onto it now with all the crap that we have had to take. Giving the seniority up to travel many feel is just a further slap in the face. If I were west I'd be cautious of having it go seniority due to the fact that we are a VERY senior group of f/a's with a large majority commuting.

I think most that are concerned and bothered have said their piece. I'm honestly to the point that I don't care. If only they wanted our input before doing something as simple as changing a beverage cart to a setup that DON'T work. Who cares at this point. Between trying to negotiate a "cost neutral" contract and Local 70 crap who cares. LOL

At my seniority, FCFS would benefit more than DOH, but at least with DOH I have an idea where I'd stand on the standby list.

This past weekend I was trying to list on a flight that was a lil tight with a lot of NRSAs. ETC down.

Still down 2 hours later.

Went to Aloha to ask if they could activate me, said no, to do it online or wait till agents go over to the counter.

Ended up flying another airline home that was a lot more secure than this.

If FCFS is going to be it, IT needs to get their $*&@#*ing act in order if they are promising us the ability to check in 12 hours in advance.

Again, at East I'd just look at all the NRSA's listed, look at the flight levels of flights before/after, and go for it or find a new way.

Im very junior and think DOH and no exceptions. Why should any crew member going to work get bumped by some new hire express gate agent in phl named tanesha going to see her babies daddy. The Pit-Clt flights will need security. DOH is the only fair way.

Back