I need a name for this..

Fly4Free

Veteran
May 31, 2006
Wherever.
Okay,

I am designing a virtual airline game similar to "Airline Empires" but this one is going to have much more features. I have a corporate sponsor who has taken PERSONAL interest in the development of this simulation. It will be based on real market data.

Basically, you create a virtual airline. You buy gates, create routes, fly planes between the routes, get money. You spend the money on new planes and other things like more gates!

I need help coming up with a great name for it. I have to have the ability to register the domain name as the same name of the simulation.. ie.. "Great Skies" would need "Greatskies.com"

I am willing to award you a buddy pass if you are insterested in it. It does have zonal fees, but it would help if you're a frequent revenue-paying traveler and wanted a close-to-free flight one time.

LOL. Great idea! And mega-mergers and drunk CEOs in jail! That'd be awesome! :)

Just as an FYI, a beast such as you describe already exists through airlinesimulation.com. There are alot of similar functions based on what you describe and it covers most aspects of the business...from a/c acquisition to Mx to scheduling to marketing to pricing to revenue management, etc. Though I would be in favor of seeing another version of airline simulation! Just thought I'd point you to what I know has already been done.

Just as an FYI, a beast such as you describe already exists through airlinesimulation.com. There are alot of similar functions based on what you describe and it covers most aspects of the business...from a/c acquisition to Mx to scheduling to marketing to pricing to revenue management, etc. Though I would be in favor of seeing another version of airline simulation! Just thought I'd point you to what I know has already been done.
They charge $25 a month. My plan would be to offer basic features, and then have a premium upgrade available.. and it will be based in real-time.

FYI.. I found out about that simulator the other day.. I'd actually probably be interested in playing it. I'm hesitant to tell my co-developer we should stop the project.. because I feel it would be fun to be able to run it as a hobby.

Back